Seizures Linked to Ocella Birth Control Pill
My healthy 20 yr. old daughter was taken Ocella Birth Control Pills for 2- 3 months when she began experiencing severe headaches. She would take Tylenol, and eventually the headache would go away. At the time we did not make the relation between headaches and birth control pills. One particular day she complained of a headache, pain in her right shoulder/arm, blurry vision in her right eye, and she couldn't remember certain things that normally she remembered. After taking Tylenol and sleeping a few hours, she woke up, still didn't feel right and laid back down. A few minutes after that she had a grand mal seizure. (First seizure ever). Rushed to the hospital by ambulance. She had 1 seizure in ambulance, 2 more in the ER. Cat Scan showed nothing. She was put on seizure medication, but seizures continued. She was also given bacterial and fungal medication, in case of encyphillitis, etc., Ran every possible test imaginable, all came back negative. Spinal Fluid showed elevated white blood cells. Doctors could not figure out what was causing her seizures. Seizure medication was changed, but seizures continued. She was put into a medicated coma to try and stop the seizures, but seizure activity continued. She passed away 6 weeks later. 3 days befor her 21 birthday. No one gave us answers as to what had caused her seizures. Her death occured in the hospital, and it was listed as a natural death. She did not drink, smoke or do drugs. She was a healthy young girl with her entire life ahead of her. The only medicine she was taken was the birth control pill, Ocella. She was overweight, and at times showed signs of high blood pressure, otherwise healthy. I want to know if there is any relation between seizures and birth control pills.  Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I'm sorry for ur lost :(. But have u done me type of research regarding this birth control? U should look up the board of complications regarding this medication. It's very unfortunate but all these new meds thats being prescribed now days has not been on the market long enough basically it's like we're being used as lab rats as my opinion :(. These doctors who are using these new meds are compd in some way by distributing these meds weather it may birth control to high blood pressure meds the list cud go on n on. Research research it's all u can do.