Seizures and Heart Attack
My husband died of a heart attack, he had some kind of seizure before he stopped breathing, what could cause his seizure?  He was 51 with no hypertension, just gout and a sprained ankle two days before he died.  He was pretty fit, he exercises daily and he had 2% body fat count per the eye bank that harvested his cornieus.
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! :(
I have heard of heart problems causing seizures because of the decreased blood flow to the brain. I remember one particular patient (when I worked in the ER) he was only 28 years old, came in for seizures and then went into cardiac arrest. Luckily we were able to save him but the source ended up being a heart problem that he didn't know he had. He was also very fit and exercised regularly. He eventually needed a heart transplant.
I wish I could give you more answers to what specifically was his problem. Will there be an autopsy for your husband?
I also wonder if his sprained ankle caused a blood clot to form and travel from his leg up to his heart. That has been known to happen too.