Sensation in spine
For 15 years, I have been getting intermittent strange sensations in my spine. It makes me feel like I constantly have to move, and twist my back into comfortable positions. It's not pain and I don't know how exactly to describe it, it's more of a pressure and squeezing feeling. If I just sit still and try to ignore it, the sensation spreads into my legs, arms, and neck. This makes it very difficult to sleep, and I feel a sense of strong irritation for no reason whenever it occurs. I haven't had any surgeries, I was diagnosed with IBS 6 years ago, I have had no prior injuries to my neck or back. What could this be?

Kaitlin
Hey Kaitlin!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include stress/ anxiety, micronutrient deficiencies, hormonal/ endocrine issues, RLS, inflammation etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!