Neurology Community
Sensitive skin with sharp pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Sensitive skin with sharp pain

I wasn't sure where to post. I have a patch on my upper back (about 5 inches down and 2 across), just to the left of my spine, that feels like a sunburn but isn't. It's very sensitive. Ever so often I feel sharp pains from within the skin there. In the same area on my chest I have a sensitive area as well. It's in the same area as my back sensitive spot, so it's just to the left of my sternum. The difference is the one on my chest isn't as sensitive but considerably more painful. I have been getting sharp pains there off and on for a day. I have gotten sensitive spots before on a arm or finger, lasts a few days then it's gone. The location of this one is intriguing, it seems to be on either side of my heart - chest and back. Could it be nerves? Heart? I see a neurologist for migraines, I see a cardiologist for degenerative heart valves, and I'm suspected to have marfans or a similar disorder. Any suggestions?