Neurology Community
Sensitive skins/calp in one side of head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Male 41 years old: Sensitive to touch scalp skin, top left side of head but noticed that the left side of my face is more sensitive to touch, very slight discomfort left eye, very very slight discomfort left ear, no visible surface skin condition. Had 2 days of bad headache 5-6 days before the start of symptoms. Returned from business trip abroad by air (10 hours flight) just before this started.
In general area affected is top left side of my head more towards the front.  It is more of a discomfort than a serious affliction, but enough to feel its presence.  It is not growing but it is there for the last 3 days.  I am in good health and do not take any medicines.
I saw an answer to a similar question at the dermatology forum but I do not have any blisters...: I also thought it was funny have this mentioned about antibiotic (an not antiviral treatment since I thought zoster was  caused by a virus)
""The only medical condition I can think of which would give these symptoms is zoster ("shingles.)  If that's what it is, blisters will appear in the affected area in 1-3 more days.  Should that happen, please see a doctor for antibiotic treatment.""
You appear to have neuralgia; a neurologist can determine if trigeminal neuralgia or occipital neuralgia is causing the scalp pain.  The eye pain and ear pain are probably so-called "referred pains"; once the major issue is under control, the eye and ear pains will probably diminish.  
Avatar n tn
Where you able to find out what was causing your condition?  I am having the same conditions.
I had a sore throat for a week, before a rash appeared on the right side of my face. I went immediately to an urgent care clinic, was diagnosed with herpes zoster opthalmalicus (a recurrence of chickenpox from 49 years ago-- my second attack, the first was at age 28 -25 years ago). I'm taking Valtrex the last 80 hours, & the sores are going away, but only now is the sensitive scalp coming in.