Neurology Community
Senstive scalp/pressure on head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Senstive scalp/pressure on head

For the last month or so I have been experiencing a weird feeling on my head like my hair is being pulled, sometimes it is at the back of my head other times on the top.  I also sometimes have a feeling like something is pressing on the top of my head or the muscles are all clenched or something.  It's really hard to describe.  I have been to my doctor who has said it is probably tension headache caused by anxiety, I do suffer from health anxiety.  I have found a few similar queries on here but has anyone else had a similar thing?
Yes I am too! It's scaring me, because I am already an anxious person. This is new to me. As we speak, I am feeling that burning sensation on my head on the left side. It's always the left side. It used to be the back of my neck on the left side. I also experience some pressure in my left ear at times, and my left is feels strange and has alot of "floaties" in it like I've been staring at light. I also have been experiencing a slight burning smell in my nose at times. What is going on??!! I already did a post recently and got no answer. I'm scared to go to the hospital.
Hi...

I have no idea what the burning, tingling and stretching feel is on the top of the head.  However, I also have it.  

As far as nerves go, I am pretty mellow and have about a 99% stress free life.  No, I am not in denial!

I have no idea if this means anything but..I have Type 1 diabetes, epilepsy, migraines and I am a suspected MS patient.

If you figure this out let me know!

legalgirl5
Hi, Thank you for your question. In occipital neuralgia or temporal arteritis condition headache is usually concentrated in the one region of your head and it is tender to touch and things like combing your hair may be painful. But in addition to this for any persistent headaches, possibilities like migrainous, cluster, tension and refractive errors that need to be evaluated thoroughly with the help of a neurologist here. Migraine like headache can be throbbing, one sided of face & head and preceded by aura (starts with blurred vision). Cluster headache may appear as burning, explosive in nature and tear appears from eyes. Tension headache originates with stress and anxiety disorder. Please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders by clinically examine you & ordering MRI or CT scan here that may be the main reasons of your headache attacks & other symptoms and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!
Yes i think it next stop will be neurologist as I planned. thank you,
I don't always have the pain but most the time it feels like a rag or beeny sitting on my head and pain is realized when I lay down and the pressure of the pillow is added. Last night the sensation of lightheaded was added to this equation. I have been having issues with lightheadedness, not so bad that it interferes with everyday activities just anoying. Hearing tests have been done and ruled out any neurological causes. This pressure is a new semtom since I've had the dizziness. The pressure is localized to the top left of my scalp, not in the brain cavity.