Sever leg pain
I started experiencing weakness and sever leg pain when walking. At times had tingling in my toes and finger tips. I have taken Prevacid for over 15 years for GERD. I went to the doctor and he took x rays of my legs/knees and back. He determined my problem was arthritis. I told him I know what the arthritis pain in the knee joints feels like but this in in my shins, calves and sometimes thighs. He told me the joint pain is radiating from my arthrictic knees and suggested therapy. I mentioned a couple articles I read about the causes of leg pain. The first - too much iron in the blood and blood letting was the treatment. The second was lack of absorption of B12 due to the effects of proton pump inhibitors such as Prevacid. The doctor passed over these causes as not possible. On my own I started taking 4000 mcg of B12 daily. Within 2 weeks the pain had subsided and within a month it had completely disappeared the weakness continues.                                                                                                                  
   Hope this helps another who has an uninformed physician.

This discussion is related to Pain in arms, wrist, ankles and legs- Also experiencing wierd sensations.