Severe Burning Left Arm
By way of background, I've been abruptly awaken almost every night for the last month with acute, burning pain shooting down my left arm. Starting on the outside surface edge of my front left shoulder, it shoots down the outside surface of the upper arm and elbow, then crosses over the forearm to my thumb and first two fingers.  This excruciatingly painful contraction then causes these fingers and related portions of my hand to burn severely and turn extremely numb.  The only way I get relief is by walking around or sitting up for 10 minutes or more, dependent upon the severity of the episode.  I've tried moving the back, neck and arm into different positions for pain relief, to no avail, and rubbing the contracting areas only makes it worse.  Also, I've noticed it happens far more often when sleeping on my left side, and although I don't recall any trauma to the arm, there have been alternating sore spots in that upper shoulder area for about six months.  Conversely, once the contraction is over, the pain and burning subside without any reoccurrence during the day, and I do not have any chest pain or shortness of breath at anytime. Having recently relocated from CA to TX,  I have yet to find a good replacement for my Internal Medicine Dr. of 15 years.  As a result, any insight, advice or referrals would be appreciated.

The symptoms experienced by you could be due to cervical spondylosis. MRI cervical spine can confirm the diagnosis. Also, consult a neurologist.