Severe Concussion, Seek Additional Help?
My 11 yr old Niece Hannah was hit by a ford 150 Truck in the back waiting at the bus stop last thurs.    She was unconscious for about 10 minutes. on Impact she flew about 20 feet and landed on cememt.    She broke her nose and both her eyes are black.    She went by ambulance to the hospital, they did a Ct and Said there was swelling but sent her home telling Mom to watch her closely.  Yesterday Monday, she was in excrusiating head pain and vommiting & quite aggitated, my sister took her back to ER.   They did a MRI, It showed Edema, and Brain swelling, the ER Dr seemed very concerened and Paged the On Call Neuro Surgeon who was in Surgery.    He apparently viewed scans and said he didn't need to see her and to send her home.   ER Dr seemed very concerned and changed the status of her concusion from mild to Severe.   And said to come back if she gets worse.   My Sister seemed confused as Hannah had all of the symptoms currently on the list.   I See a Counseler who has her PHD, and part of PHD study was on Tramatic Brain Injury and PSTD.    I told her what happened, and she said, PURSUE HELP, to take Hannah to Childrens Hospital Tommorow.    I wanted to see if this was worth the trip as it is a 2 hr dr, but our local hospital does not offer allot of help for kids.   Or they just going to say go home and wait.   She is still throwing up, and very very tired.   And severe headache.      
Hi there!

With continued vomiting and headaches, I would actually suggest her to be kept in observation in a hospital even though the initial scans have been clear; especially since it’s a long drive from your home. If the condition does not seem to improve over the next few hours I would suggest calling up the ER to arrange for a review with a neurologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!