Aa
A
A
Close
Severe Headache with Low Blood Pressure and Fatigue
My Mother (58 years old) was taken to the emergency room on May 11, 2007, nearly six weeks ago, with the worst headache of her life.  She had sharp pain in the back of her head (near the base of the skull) with nausea and vomiting.

She was given a CAT scan and there was no apparent bleed.  There was no lumbar puncture given in the ER, and she was released.

The pain was constant for several days before finally easing.  She has since had blood tests, an MRI, an MRI with contrast, a carotid artery test, and several others I can not recall.  All results have been negative with no indication of what is causing the severe headaches.  She has no history of migraines.

After a few days of relief, the headaches returned, and have continued on a regular basis for the past few weeks.  Last night, she had another severe headache, and her blood pressure dropped very low (72/50) and her heart rate was elevated (115 bpm).  She has also been tired, which is highly unusual for her, with a sore neck and nausea.

We have gone to at least four doctors with no answers, and her next appointment is over eight weeks away.  I fear we are losing valuable time.

While researching on the internet, it seems that hyperthyroidism, menengitis, or heart failure may be possible??  Does anyone have any ideas??  Please help.
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Just curious what they found out about your mother.  I am having the EXACT same thing, was in hospital this past week with the same symptoms, test , results, etc.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I as well. I've actually been experiencing the aforementioned symptoms for 9 months now. I have yet to find answers.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Wow! I was in the ER with the same exact thing!!  Severe headache, the worst I ever had in my life, I'm 33 years old, otherwise healthy female.  They sent me home with a prescription for Vicodin.....didn't do a CAT scan or anything...what could it be????
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had the same symptoms, no pain killer helped, the only rescue was to take some salt.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1781904 tn?1314699488
How is your mother J?  Does she have Hyperthyroidism or Hashimotos?  I have been in horrible agony for 10yrs and I am finally finding out what it is.  I might be able to help you - Tracy  C:
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Maybe it's all in YOUR head,  Danyelle.  Maybe you could use a psych evaluation. Annoying to hear something like that when you know somethings really wrong but can't find an answer.. Isn't it?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank