Severe Joint Pain/Headaches
Recently, I have been having severe joint pain, mostly in my ankles, knees, and hands. Also, I have been suffering with migraines on and off for about a month. I am 14wks pregnant. My ob has prescribed narcotics a few times, but is worried if i stay on them, me or the baby will become addicted. I have tried tylenol, heat, ice, massage, etc. Nothing seems to help, except the medication the doctor prescribed. I am only 23yrs old, so this concerns me a lot. RA and fibromialgia runs in my family, so this has me even more concerned. Also, I have an 8mo old son who requires a lot of attention. These issues I'm having are taking most of my attention away from him. Simply because it is extremely hard for me to lift him, or even change him diaper and dress him. The headaches and joint pain might not be linked whatsoever, but the combination of the two are really taking a toll on me. I have been healthy my entire life, with the exception of a few colds here and there. The pain is so bad, that i have considered an abortion, which I do not support, just because I'm in terrible pain. I am at a loss and do not know how to cope anymore. I hope someone out there will have some advice for me, or be able to enlighten me.

This discussion is related to severe sudden onset of joint pain in all joints.
Hi there. I understand lack of sleep as a vital possibility causing the confused and foggy mental state with short-term memory loss. Pain and soreness in joints along with brain fog also need fibromyalgia workup. the defining criteria according to the guidelines laid are, apart from pain and fatigue, about 11 trigger points, sleep disturbance, morning stiffness, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, numbness or tingling of extremities, restless leg syndrome, temperature sensitivity and cognitive and memory problems. various tests and tender points in back of neck, shoulders, sternum, lower back etc. no definite diagnostic criteria so a combination of non invasive spinal care, trigger point therapy and lifestyle changes are very helpful in therapy. Consult a neurologist as soon as possible. I understand what’s making is worse is the pregnancy along with your child. An obstetrician needs to be consulted. Hope this helps. Take care.