Neurology Community
Severe Joint Pain/Headaches
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe Joint Pain/Headaches

Recently, I have been having severe joint pain, mostly in my ankles, knees, and hands. Also, I have been suffering with migraines on and off for about a month. I am 14wks pregnant. My ob has prescribed narcotics a few times, but is worried if i stay on them, me or the baby will become addicted. I have tried tylenol, heat, ice, massage, etc. Nothing seems to help, except the medication the doctor prescribed. I am only 23yrs old, so this concerns me a lot. RA and fibromialgia (fibromyalgia) runs in my family, so this has me even more concerned. Also, I have an 8mo old son who requires a lot of attention. These issues I'm having are taking most of my attention away from him. Simply because it is extremely hard for me to lift him, or even change him diaper and dress him. The headaches and joint pain might not be linked whatsoever, but the combination of the two are really taking a toll on me. I have been healthy my entire life, with the exception of a few colds here and there. The pain is so bad, that i have considered an abortion, which I do not support, just because I'm in terrible pain. I am at a loss and do not know how to cope anymore. I hope someone out there will have some advice for me, or be able to enlighten me.

This discussion is related to severe sudden onset of joint pain in all joints.