Severe Leg Tremours "shaking"
I'm not to sure if this is posted in the correct section so I apologise if it is not.

Basically, when my legs are relaxed they are fine, if I lay down and tense them they are also fine. The problem is when my legs are at an angle they shake violently. For example walking down the stairs, each leg will shake violently, and if i stand up and angle my knees they shake violently. If i do lay down and raise my legs they also shake. This seems to be fairly new with me. I never experienced this problem before. I use to participate in karate lessons which requires me to have a certain stance and my legs were fine. No one in my family also suffers from this.

Any ideas or help what this might be?

Thanks.
Hello.

It seems that the quadriceps muscle tendon or the muscle itself gets stimulated when your knee comes in that particular posture.

Did you have any injury? Do you have any back pain associated with this problem?

I would suggest you should get a neurological examination done by a neurologist.

Regards

Thank you for your quick response.
I havent had any injuries. I was in a bad car accident this time last year but by some miracle i actually got striaght out of the car was had nothing but a scratch on my hand and a bruise on my head (shame i can't say the same about the car).

I do have really bad back pains almost all the time.

I will book an appointment with my GP. I think this is where I go and he will refer me to a neurologist?

Any idea what might be causing this and why now?

Regards.
Martyn