Neurology Community
Severe burning in one leg

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Severe burning in one leg

My right leg is numb and I noticed that when I bend my neck while sitting, the same right leg catches fire from the waist line and down, that doesn't go away for as long as I hold my neck bent to the chest. The burning pain in the leg is so strong that my eyes start watering. What could that be? About a month ago I had a shooting pain in the back when I was bending the whole body. Are those issues related? I am worried.
Avatar n tn
Hi.

The phenomenn of pain or shock-like sensations in the extremities when the neck is flexed is known as Lhermitte's sign. There are many causes of this sign including, but not exclusive to, trauma to the cervical portion of the spinal cord, multiple sclerosis, cervical cord tumour, cervical spondylosis, or even vitamin B12 deficiency.

I would highly advise you to consult a physician as soon as possible to assess your condition.

Good luck.