Neurology Community
Severe crackling sounds in my head and neck

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a 58 year old female with diabetes and had CABG X 2 in 2002.  Non smoker for six years. Also have two stent implants. This past April,, 2008, I had a stent implant, and one week later, still having chest pains, so the cardiologist did another angiogram to have a look to see if stent was open.  it was.  however, i started bleeding internally for two months after that, and lost about two pints of blood into my body, severe anemia, finally the bleeding subsided, however during the time of the internal bleeding, i started having horrible left sided head pain and when i close my eyes, i see something looking like a white liquid before my eyes.  Feels like everything draining from my body and head pain is always in same spot.  six weeks ago, i went to a neurologist, he sent me for mri, and it showed three white spots on my brain.  i was concerned it was MS, he said not.  he did say that i had i think small vessell disease.  the symptoms are getting worse.  the head pain is in the same spot.  i get dizziness, and white spots before my eyes again.  sometimes weakness in right arm, and then left side of my face gets numb, and that comes and goes.  my diabetes went undetected for about thirty years.  so its been uncontrolled, as i didnt know i had diabetes until 2002 after open heart surgery.  i have heard that bleeding internally can cause small strokes.  my neuro does not say anything to me, he just sends in his physicians assistant.  my blood pressure is now controlled very well, and i am taking janumet for the diabetes and that is working great.  i have neuropathy, in constant pain in both feet with numbness and burning and tingling all the time, basically i am a mess and have been every since the open heart surgery.  i have a horrible crackling sound in  my head, and neck.  it continues to get worse.  my neuro thinks i have migraines, but also said i have been having small strokes.  also, he did mri on my cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.  it shows bulging discs all up and down my entire spine.  i am in horrible pain in my entire body 24/7.  including the left side head pain, chest pain, neck, low back and mid thoracic pain.  also i have arthritis.  all the docs that i go to, they hate to see me walk in the door, because i have so many health issues, they just dont know what to do anymore for me.  i take plavix, aspirin, amaryl, janumet,  and i do see a psychiatrist who has me on imipramine and klonopin as needed, and i try my best.  i just want all the pain to stop.  the crackling noise also brings on horrible pain in my neck in the carotid area on the left side mainly.  i have had two carotid ultra sounds, and they say they are in the percentage that they wont attempt surgery on, but i am still wondering if i do have a lot more carotid blockage than what the ultra sounds show.  i have had nerve conduction studys which the results show lots of nerve damage, maybe from the diabetes.  i just wish i knew what to do.  the main thing i am worried about right now is the horrible crackling and pain in my head and neck and horrendous ringing in both ears.  i have had that for about five years thoguh, and it makes me want to scream, because it wont stop.  i take a lot of aspirin though, and am wondering if the aspirin could cause the horrible ringing in the ears.  i have no fairh in the neuro doc i went to see, and he only seems interested in getting me to go into pain management, which i refuse to do.  there has got to be something else to help me besides giving me drugs for the pain i suffer all the time.  i am scheduled for physical thereapy to start in a few days.  but am concerned that i might have a stroke while they are doing the physical therapy on my neck.  i really need help and some good advice.  you are my last hope.  i will soon jump off the deep end if i cannot get the pain to stop and the crackling and pain to stop in my head.  i thank you in advance for some advice.  i am new to this group, and i really dont know how to navigate on this site, but am hoping that i might get an answer from you and i will keep checking back.  thank you so much!