Severe hand numbness and pain while sleeping
Im an a 27 year old female and I am very worried. For the last month or so I have started getting numbess in my hands while awakeing. I would just rubbed them together and everything was fine. Then it progressed. Rubbing them only made them worse, I would have to hang them over the side of the bed for a while for the blood to ciruclate back into my hands for the pain was incredible. I was having neck pains at the same time, so I assumed that was causing the numbness so I had went to the doctors. I had an ex-ray done and nothing was found abnormal.I know something is wrong with me, so i requested an MRI. The results were negative, so they sent me home. Well, the numbness in my hands have gotten much worse since then. The night before last I had awoken every hour on the hour with my hands feeling like they are on fire. Rubbing them only makes them more painful. I found the only solution to make them stop hurting is to run them under warm water. The pain didn't go away completely but it was enough for me to fall back asleep, just to be awoke an hour later with the same unbearable pain. This morning, I cant sleep at all. It went from an hour to 20 minutes of unbearable pain.so bad I cant stop crying.  Warm water is the only cure for the pain, but my hands are still numb and they still hurt. This is affecting my work and my sleep. It is only getting worse and I am very worried. Please tell me what may be wrong with my hands and how I can sleep again without so much pain.
Thank you for your question. Often, this numbness or arm sleep occurs due to either nerve compression or circulation block after sleeping one side of body. Other possibilities could be due to injury to a nerve, pressure on spinal/peripheral nerves (neuropathy), vitamin deficiency, lack of blood supply due to cholesterol plaque from atherosclerosis in the extremities, viral infection and use of certain medications. Please evaluate all the possibilities here with help of a neurologist. Hope this helps.
I have been having trouble with my tail done area and now im having painful numbness in my arms and hands when u sleep. What could be happening.
I am 48 have been a massage therapist, hair dresser. I have been out of this business for 15 years and never had symptoms. During my sleep i feel my hands swelling and painful tingling. I have asked my doctor what this could be but blood work was negative to whatever they tested for, arthritis, carpel tunnel. Just thought I would try to do a bit of research on my own. Typing is not a problem, I work in a deli slicing meat, but this problem was before I started this job. I wonder if my 30 pound over weight and PRE hypertension could be a result of this. Possibly the meds like Metformin or low doses of Lisinopril for cholesterol and High blood pressure. I do not have this problem anywhere else in my body and my weight, exersize , and diet are under control
I am also 27 and for about the past 4 months the exact same thing has been happening to me. Every single night no matter how I sleep, my hands go numb as if they are asleep and swell up. The pain is not unbearable, mostly just uncomfortable. Some mornings it take 15 to 20 minutes to get them back to normal. It worries me because I recently in the last year have gained a significant amount of weight. Also, around 6 months ago I started cleaning houses and before this started I was getting pain in my hands, that I thought could have been carpul tunnel syndrome. Right now as I'm actually typing they ate going numb again. I haven't taken this to a doctor yet being that I am a stubborn person who wait til things get the worst to see one.