Severe headaches and bruise-like feeling on temple
Hi. I am a 30 year old female, mother of one 14 month old child. While pregnant, I suffered a small hemorrhage in my brain from unknown cause and was told it was really not a possibility that it would happen again. About three weeks ago I began having migraines. (I had frequent migraines when I was younger, but not more than about 4 per year since I was about 25.) At first I thought they may be hormonal, but after menstruating, they became worse. Much worse. In fact, I felt exactly as I had when I had the hemorrhage 18 months earlier. I had extreme pressure in the left side of my head upon movement especially rising. I ended up falling down our stairs after putting my child down for a nap and ended up in the emergency room for the headache. I hit my face lightly on the right side, but there was no bruising or damage. While being examined, I noticed that I felt bruised in my left temple area. I didnt think much of it, but did tell the doctor.
I was sent home with no further examination and told to take better care of myself. The doctor explained that I must be sufferring from sleep deprivation and that it is common in moms of young children. I was given 3 days worth of tylenol with codeine and told to rest. It didnt help. Now I am sleeping about 10 hours per day and the headache has lightened, but is still there. The bruised feeling has gotten much worse. I dont want to go back to the ER, but I also dont want to ignore something that could be serious.
Any idea as to what is going on? And why would a person feel very bruised in a place that has not been hit or bumped or injured in any way?
Thank you for any advice or information.
Noelle