Severe leg pain...what is wrong with me??
First of all let me state that my dr. seems to think my leg pain is coming from my spine which I am starting to question...but I'm going to have another MRI anyway. I have a couple of herniated discs in my spine for the last 8 or so years.  The past 2-3 months I have been having severe pain in my right leg...I mean severe burning pain...like a level 9-10..but mainly at night!  Now my leg is becoming sensitive to touch, I can't have my right leg touch my left when I'm sleeping..the pain spreads out into my bones, hip, knee and ankle in a burning fashion. Again, this happens at night or when I'm trying to rest. I have some slight leg pain during the day, in my hip and knee. Also starting to get muscle spasms in my thigh, ankle when I walk, (the front of my leg). I also have fibro, for the past 30 years but this is not fibro pain! I am scared to death I might have cancer in my bones. BTW. I'm 58, F, borderline diabetic, also. Does anyone have similar pain?? The drs. forum was full.
Hi, Thank you for your question. Burning sensation, numbness or tingling sensation in any part of body is considered nerve related in origin. This burning sensation you are having can occur due to impingement, irritation or compression of nerve of leg or spine. Common symptoms of prolapsed disc could be paralysis of muscles, pain radiating to the arms or legs, leg pain and numbness, tingling, or weakness. Warning symptoms can include loss of control of the bladder function, numbness/pain at genital areas, paralysis & spasticity of both the legs. In addition, if you are suffering continuous weakness and notice reduced strength of muscle bulk in leg, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away. Further referral to a physiotherapist for spinal exercises could be beneficial and may produce relief of symptoms. Hope this helps. Take Care & Stay Healthy!!!
Thank you doctor, but I just don't understand why I would also be getting this severe knee pain. I thought the sciatic nerve runs in back of the leg, yet I've had nights when sudden severe knee pain hits the right knee. I don't feel this level of pain in the daytime, x-ray done 4 mo. ago was normal.