Neurology Community
Severe pain iin R. arm, lower center back & 2 purple, itchy toes - ...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Severe pain iin R. arm, lower center back & 2 purple, itchy toes - related? possibe DX/each?

Here's the scenario:  After GENTLY walking into my bedroom wall at 3am on the way to the bathroom 2 weeks ago, severe R. arm pain, beginning under my shoulderblade, down the outside of proximal and then interior of forearm and weakend feeling in little and ring fingers began; MD also notes there is general weakness in the hand, my dominant.  Xrays were taken of lungs and arm - all showed fine.  Family MD ordered MRI as I have C5&6 arthritis DXd 2 yrs ago, to rule out.  No change, no impingement there.  2 days before follow up visit to Family MD, my center very lower back began aching severely (mostly just when I get up from sitting, go to sit down, or while laying in bed - all to the point that it is very painful to do either of the three) - this has happened intermittently over the last 18 years, and prior MDs attributed it to muscle strain, although it often (as in this time) occurred with no great activity to my back (although I do do a great deal of hikking - pain-free :) ).  Also, my "ring toe" and center toe on my right foot have been purple/itchy/raised surface, especially itchy at night.  This has happened for the past 30 years (since my "diet" (anorexia) at age 17), but this is the itchiest and darkest purple they've ever been.  This is totally bearable, just worrisome along with the recent arm/back combo.  Family MD noted that both feet are cold (there is a bit of the discoloration & itching on the L. toes (also "ring toe" and center, this is a first-year for those toes.)

Family MD has RXd a nerve conduction study for the arm.   Is it possible that all three (frustrating) ailments are related?  Anything else that you recommend be done?

Thank you.