Neurology Expert Forum
Severe pain in joints
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Severe pain in joints

I am a 55 year old male.I was diagnosed with Parkinsons three years ago. It started with a severe tremor in my left arm and hand when I was in the doctors office with my wife. Her doctor thought it was a nervous reaction because of her serious condition. The tremor has never relented. I now have tremor in my left leg, short term memory loss, lack of concentration, and slight tremor starting in right side. The most debilatating symptom is severe pain in all my joints which started when the tremor had gotten a little better with the medication. I have to take Tylenol three to combat the pain. I cannot seem to do anything physical eg:Gardening which I love,without initiating the pain. I had my left hip replaced several years ago because of osteoarthritis and suspect that the osteo is probably aggravated by the tremor. The pain is sometimes transient. One day it is in my shoulder, the next day in my hip or knees. Then sometimes all over. I also have a very stiff neck most of the time. I believe that I have a very good neuroligist and he is willing to try anything to help. He has tried all the latest medications to supplement the Sinemet that I am taking, but they all caused severe GI problems.  Tasmar seemed to help, but the government has banned it until further study, because of the liver deaths. Do you think one of the operations that are available might help? If so, which one? I realize this is a complicated case and you cannot diagnose, but hopefully you can give some information on the different operations and what I could expect. My present medications are:Sinemet CR 200/50 mg 1 1/2 tablets four times daily, Rantidine 150mg 2 tabs twice daily, Trihexyphenidyl 2mg 3 times daily, clonzepam.5 mg 3 times daily, Celexa, one daily and Tylenol extra stength four times daily. Thanks in advance, Shakeyme