Severe pain in one fingertip?
For the last few weeks, I've been having increasingly frequent sharp, stabbing pain under my fingernail on my left index finger. It makes me wince every time. I also have a strange, semi-numb feeling on the palm side of that same fingertip. The fingernail looks nice and healthy. I've had a digital mucous cyst on my right index finger (which was removed surgically but is back almost as big).  Both of these fingers have large bumps or swellings on them at the joint closest to the fingernail. The left one that's been hurting so much seems to be very slightly redder than usual and a tiny bit swollen, but nothing else really looks abnormal. It's getting harder to use the left index finger for much of anything (including typing) without increasing the pain. Is this something I should have a dr. look at asap? (My regular doctor won't be available for another week.) TIA for any replies. marilano
It seems to me that it is a 'glomus tumor'. It typically appears below the nailbed, and shows the symptoms of severe throbbing pain, tenderness and sensitivity to cold.
Dr. Sagiking
I have this recurring throbbing, hot, sharp pain in the corners of my nail beds. it travels from one finger tip to another lasting a couple days in one then seemingly disappearing then showing up in another.  Typically it will affect two to three fingers per episode. Currently it is in the corner of my right thumb and my left big toe.
It started a couple years ago and will happen 1 to 3 times per year.
Any ideas?