Severe scalp pain
I am begging for help.  I am a 30 year old female who has been having severe scalp pain for the past 9 months.  It feels like someone is pulling out my hair or acid was poured on it.  A few days ago, I went to get my hair cut to lessen the weight on my head and the barber caught her comb in a snarl and pulled a section of my hair very hard.  It feels like I was cut with a razor right where she pulled.  I can feel EXACTLY where she pulled out the few hairs.  It is severe and I don't know what is wrong.  This was 5 days ago and it hurts very bad.

I have seen several doctors for the scalp pain and they are still not sure what caused this or how to treat it.  The pain is enough to make me physically ill and not want to eat.  It brings me to tears every day.  Could she have damaged the nerves or follicles?  She said she didn't pull out any hair, but I think she did.  I have never felt this much pain before.  Please help me!  I am terrified and in SO much pain.
I'm 54 and my scalp started hurting in 2011.  Been to a lot of doctors and they haven't a clue.  Most will tell me neuropathy or neuralgia.  I use Disney's natural shampoo, its the only one that doesn't irritate me to bad.  I feel like my scalp has acid poured on it and a million ants are biting it.  And even headaches don't feel like headaches.  My scalp will turn real pink and BURN.  It is a strange situation.  It is worse under stress or any emotional event.    When it first started loud noises would set it off to hurting SO BAD.  I guess I have gotten use to it.  I've been on Tralipetal, Gabapentin and fixing to start Amitriptyline.  I am so tired of it.  Mine has been so bad that I ended up with Gerd and Gastritis.  I am always tired the Dr said that the pain is wearing me out.  I'm 5'9 and weigh 115.  I cant gain weight due to this.  The last 3 1/2 years have been from hell.  I have spent a ton of money with no answers.  I'm sorry but I wish I had answers.  I haven't had hair loss though.  But the ponytail feeling is exactly what I tell the Dr's also.  When I look back mine started around the time I was getting into our truck and banged my head getting in.  I had severe headaches for about 2 weeks and this other crap started.  You would think as many of us that have this a Dr somewhere would have an answer.  Good luck to all suffering.  
I forgot to mention that when mine started the tops of my ears burnt so bad that at night I had to cup my ear to keep it off the pillow.  Anyone else?  Also does anyone have issues with your eyes, nose and throat burning real bad on bad days?  It took 2 years before I could read again because my eyes would kill me and I would get severe headaches.  I still get them on bad days but just not as much.  The sad part about this is that when you try to explain it to someone they look at you like your crazy and really don't believe you.  Even doctors.  My husband has been the best support for me.  At times I was bed ridden with it and he did everything.  Its a mystery what it is and I fear it will stay that way.  I haven't had a cat scan or mri.  Do nerves show up in them??  Summers are real bad for me due to the heat and sun irritating the scalp.  I stay indoors a lot.  Oh I tried the Head and Shoulders and it killed me.  When mine first started I did breakout in small little bumps on the top.  And after that I don't get them.  Its all a mystery.
Sorry but I keep thinking of things to add.  I'm not a Diabetic but when my blood sugar goes up just a little I can tell.  It sets my head on FIRE!!  I keep my hair about 3 inches long due to the weight pulling on the scalp.  I only wash it about 3 times a week at most.  I've concluded that this will be something I will just live with.  I'm tired of going to doctors and wasting my money for them to just stare at me like I'm crazy.  There are a lot of sites that talk on this so you would think there would be help out there somewhere.  It seems to be mostly women that experience this.  Good luck to us all.
Thanks for the additional thoughts.  I am not diabetic so I can't relate to that.  It seems like there is a different trigger for everyone.  Mine seem to have no real triggers but just comes and goes when it pleases.  I stopped searching for answers several years ago because of money as well and always being told it was in my head or that they had no answers.  I just learned to live with it and adjust when possible.  Thanks again!
hi all! I too have had burning scalp but its all on the left side of head and face. The doctors said too that it was some kind of neuralgia crap. ive been dealing with this for 3 yrs. The only thing i can think that set all this off was Prednisone the doc had me on it 3 different times within a month with no tapering. He admitted to me and apologized that it was "his bad". Anyway the only time it really bothers me anymoer is if i sleep on that side of my head, they have me a on neurontin it seems to help manage it for most part, But the Neurontin has basically made me feel old cause my memory is shot, feel high half the time. I got all the way up to 1200 mg a day and couldnt deal with it anymore and tapered myself down to 900 a day and i dont seem to feel high near as much. I hope we all get an answer soon im tired of feeling depressed and feelin scared all the time! God bless!
I to have given up finding a answer, but then I find myself looking to see if any one else has had any luck.  For me its when my blood sugar goes up that it burns the worst.  Don't understand that but oh well.  I'm in the process of hunting a new shampoo.  The least ingredients the better for me.  I've started pouring aloe vera juice on my head after I wash it and just massage it in.  I don't rinse it either.  I'll try anything.   Neurontin made me loose my memory also.  I used the generic Gabapentin.  It wasn't as bad and didn't make me as tired.  God Bless.
Thanks for your information!  I am on Gabapentin right now.  I actually was prescribed it for Chronic Migraines.  It doesn't help with the scalp pain though.  I encourage you to read my other posts if you haven't already.  I have tried everything short of shaving my head.  Nothing works.  I can't go in the sun or wind because my scalp will be on fire within 5 minutes.  I use dandruff shampoos about 1 time a week.  I just use Suave Daily Clarifying on the other days.  I try to take a day or two a week and don't wash my scalp.  Too much washing can also irritate it.  I have been on ALL the prescription shampoos the doctors gave me with no luck.  Some made the issue worse.  I also have Seborrheic Dermatitis on my scalp that started about 2 weeks after I got the pain.  This pain came on over night and I was scared.  I woke up and couldn't touch my scalp because it felt like my head was in acid.  It's so strange the doctors have no clue how this starts or how to treat it.  Hang in there and keep us posted!
You seriously need to get tested for Lyme disease at this lab

www.igenex.com

There are zillions of reasons why the mainstream testing for Lyme and tick borne infections are inaccurate, and why you need to see a Lyme Literal Medical Specialist (LLMD), but I won't go into it here.

I will say this:
The burning ears - magnesium deficiency has caused a muscle spazm someplace on the back of your skull.  It's disrupting blood flow - I used to call it 'crunchy ear'.

If you are taking acid reducers for your GERD, this will contribute significantly to magnesium deficiency, which causes muscle spazms.  

The fatigue, migraines, vision issues (and related neurological issues), will continue on, and develop into fun new symptoms.  If you keep a symptom log, you will probably find that your symptoms cycle on a 28 day cycle.  

Get treated for the cause, and this will all go away.
"Get treated for the cause, and this will all go away."  If I knew the cause I would.  I've been taking Magnesium for about 2 years now.  And I don't take acid reducers but drink Aloe Vera juice for my stomach.  To my knowledge I haven't been bitten by a tick in 10 or 15 years or more.  With the 28 day cycle are you suggesting hormones?  I'm 3 years into Menopause.
.... PLEASE USE THIS SHAMPOO : REDKIN, SCALP RELIEF - IN THE WHITE BOTTLE

I have the same issues that you all have but using this shampoo makes it better

Common denominators: Occurred after camping trip (possible lyme disease, coloring my hair, and muscle issues in the neck)
Also, this shampoo will help with the hair loss, well it helped my anyway and I have been dealing with this for over 5 years.
Thank you, I think I have tried all shampoos.  I tried pouring aloe vera juice on it last week and that even hurt.  Denominator for me would be neck muscles.  I haven't been bitten by a tick I years.  And I don't color my hair.  Its just really weird stuff.
Just in case it's not been suggested, I was diagnosed with folliculitis decalvans by a trichologist.  My GP had tried various remedies and eventually a product called Sebco worked.  This was intense polytar.  Nothing else had worked and I was losing hair and had a very sore scalp.  I was relieved to see the trichologist as well as the doctor, because although my GP is great at most things, this clearly wasn't his speciality and too much time was lost before he settled on the right treatment.  Unfortunately, I'm left with a bald patch at the top of my scalp, but the folliculitis has gone.  I now have some sun damage through the hair loss, so am wearing a hat at all times and will try and find one with UV protection.  Hope you resolve this soon.
Wow.  Thanks for sharing your experience!  Sounds like you had a tough road.  I am pretty sure mine isn't that.  I don't have similar symptoms to yours.  I think mine is just going to remain a mystery and I am learning to live with it!   I wish you the best of luck!
I'm 52 years old and I started with also tender scalp, like their pulling my hair.I also get like a headache . I get tensed and get like light head . I was and have tinted my hair every month and leave the tint for about 45 min. I started using 20 % developer and then my head started itching real bad.I used 10% developer before and don't remember it ever itching like the way it would itch now that I started with the 20%.I noticed that my head was getting real itchy. I use a  prism on my hair right after I tint it and then after i would itch and i would scratch my head real hard.A prism is to make your shiny and smooth not dry.  I don't know if it's the prism or the 20% developer that would make my hair itch. about a month ago i started with scalp pain . Not all over my head , but more on the crown. thats where the pain is . I do go through anxiety and get stress thinking what it could be. I went to the doctor and i told the doctor that my sister felt that kind of scalp pain to and they told her that it was a sinus infection. They gave her antibiotics for it and after a few days her scalp pain went away. so the doctor gave me antibiotics to and has't gone away. I feel more my pain on the crown towards the back. I made an appointment with acupuncture Dr just wondering what it could be.  I also changed shampoo too.
Has anyone thought this might be a C1/C2 or C2/C3 pinched nerve in the spine. And the pain in the scalp is just refered pain?
Ive had a very sensetive scalp the last week but also sore neck and shoulders
I have problems with all my C spine as shown up on Xray.
One of my 'magic' cures for pinched nerves is Tetra Cycline (mild antibiotic used for skin problems)
[ lately surpassed by Minocycline]
A few days on that and it will either help or not.
Minocycline has recently been found to be a good antiinflamatory - as well as antibiotic - and use in operations now to lessen pain after.

just a thought as no one else seems to have thought of refered pain as being a possible cause

Thanks for your information.  It seems like we all have different possible causes for our scalp pain but none of us or the doctors know for sure what could be causing it.   I don't know if anything will ever help but I am learning to live with mine by knowing what has helped.   I wear a hat in the sun to prevent the burning sensation on my scalp, keep my hair short so it doesn't pull, etc...    Learning to live with it is the only "cure" I have found.   I wish you and everyone else luck!
I have been having severe pain in my scalp along with a lot of other symptoms. It doesn't feel like it has anything to do with the skin, but maybe the nerves, muscles or blood vessels. When I touch my scalp, it's very sore and there's often sharp pain. I also feel a lot of strange sensations in my scalp that feel like spasms. The neuro ophthalmologist told me he knows there's something called temporal arteritis, but he says I can't have that because I'm twenty seven and nobody younger than sixty would possibly have it, according to him. I don't know if that's true.

Has anyone with Lyme disease experienced this as one of their symptoms? I have been wondering if I might have Lyme, but no one will test me for it.
My doctor told me that there are lots of nerve endings in the scalp, which is why it can feel very tender.

I found out that nerve pain can be relieved hugely by gentle massage, so I've been using my finger tips (never scratch your scalp with the nails) to massage my scalp and it helps ease the discomfort, but of course, I can't cure the sun damage, which has been described as pre-cancerous.

Try opening your finger tips out and very gently drawing them together over different areas of your scalp.  Hope it helps.
The trichologist recommended Philip Kingsley products (which she supplies, so I was a tiny bit sceptical at first, in case I was being over-charged) but they are definitely soothing.  She insisted that I wash my hair every day too.  Philip Kingsley products are not cheap, but they last a long time.  My skin used to feel very tight after normal shampoos and Nizoral was good at first, but then did nothing.  I've always had a delicate, itchy scalp, but the folliculitis  decalvans and the damage that has caused came out of the blue.
I wish hairdressers were really taught to spot when a client has an issue which needs medical treatment.  My hairdresser kept saying that it looks a bit sore, but I didn't realise how bad it was.
My pain started about month and half. I thought it might be from putting my hair up, but then i was tinting my hair once a month using 20% developer and using prism for condition and shine on my hair. I made an appt with my primary dr. but my scalp pain and the feel of  tension head ache is like on the crown of my head. do your head and scalp pain feel like that . A pulling hair pain and tension head.
Tyke 1980 - So sorry about all the trials and tribulations you've had to go through. Have you whipped it yet? For me, terribly tender and painful scalp, to burning skin is related to shingles and the herpes zoster virus (the virus that causes chickenpox). If I've been eating too many nuts or seeds, both of which rank highest in the amino acid, arginine, which the herpes virus loves, my skin will start to become tender to the tough on my head as well as arms and torso. BTW: I've never had a Herpes Simplex outbreak but I did have chicken pox as a kid. At its most severe, it's downright unbelievable and unbearable pain. When I say terribly painful, it's no exaggeration. I mean like if I had been literally scalped. Aspercreame, aspirin, Tylenol, Vicodin - nothing helps. Don't ask a regular M.D. They don't know. The REMEDY? I stop eating nuts and seeds. But more importantly, I take the amino acid supplement called L-Lysine, 500 mg once or twice a day. Works great for me EVERY time and there have been many times, especially if I slip and have either been eating too many nuts and seeds or have not taken my Lysine for a while. At the first sign of burn or pain, I realize I haven't taken Lysine for a while. I take it and the next day the pain is gone. In the most severe cases, it takes several days of Lysine to eradicate the pain. Has anyone else heard of this or had success with this method? I'd like to hear from you.
I was prescribed Gabapentin for the nerve pain and that helped alot.I had it on my scalp while I was going through Chemo and had the shingles over a year.It was the worst year of my life
.I was im unbearable pain

couldnt sleep or layy head dowm

it was just awful! I really hope yal that have this get over ot asap.and also.the Gabapentin is the only pain med that worked for it
SINCE IT IS A NERVE PAIN PILL
I still have burning pain amd tenderness on my scalp til this day!
So sorry to hear about your scalp pain.  Have you tried a low amine diet?  (My daughter had to follow this for stomach pains, until we could identify what the trigger foods were).

For me, I've been able to reduce the pain through gentle scalp massage, which I can do myself.  It's awful reading what other people are going through.
Thanks, Yes I actually have tried a low amine diet (http://www.millhousemedical.co.nz/files/docs/factsheet_7_amines_in_foods.pdf) and it sure does help. But if I've screwed up, the Lysine works great.
Thanks for your thoughts.   I have not figured it out yet but I have learned to live with it.   I found that the only help is knowing what hurts it more and how to lessen or prevent the pain.   It's not as bad as it used to be but when it hurts, it comes on suddenly.   It's awful but I have a lot of other issues with my health that are taking priority right now.   I wish you the best of luck and thanks!
Tyke1980, I'm curious if you've ever tried Lysine or Zinc?
No I have not.   I heard that too much Zinc can cause hair loss and I already have lost a lot of hair and it seems to be linked to the pain.   Kind of scared to try it I guess!   Haven't tried the Lysine either.   I am on disability and have a limited budget so I am afraid to try things that cost more money than I have!
Hi. :) I sometimes have the pulling hair pain, but it's not only that. Have you found anything to help you? I hope you're doing better.
I have had the same pain you and many others are describing. Like I said below, Lysine and Zinc cures me every single time CURES ME EVERY TIME within a few days to a week. Then I stop taking the L and Z. With my most recent severe episode I couldn't even lay my head down on the pillow or even dare to touch my head my scalp was so painful. Taking 500 MG of Lysine 12 hrs apart and one Zinc a day has 95% eliminated the pain. I have to try to make it hurt to even find it now. By tomorrow, it'll all be gone. Lysine and Zinc are really cheap supplements. I get the Lysine and Zinc online at Puritans.com. Lysine: Item #012806 (2 bottles of 100 caps for $6.99), Zinc: Item #028194 (3 bottles of 60 tablets for $2.99). Right now I think they have free shipping on any order. Good luck. If this works for anyone else, please post your experience.
Two months ago, I was working around concrete dust which got all over my skin and scalp.  I took a shower right afterwards and after getting out of the shower, I broke out with small bumps all over my scalp.  The bumps were not pimples but small red bumps, like ant bites.  The next morning, my skin got oily.  Remind you, I have never had oily, acne or itchy scalp before and I am 40.  I went to a derm two days later, he cultured the bumps and they came back Staph positive and I was diagnosed with Folliculitis to the scalp and SD.  Presumably,  all it took was one interaction with a chemical in the cement dust and my skin is now going through this.  I was prescribed antibiotics which I will start tmrw, however, my scalp and eyebrows are itching and burn like crazy.  On top of it, my facial hair and scalp hair is falling out like crazy. My scalp feels like little ants are biting my scalp and when I go out in the sun, I get the burning sensation with it.  Looking at all the posts here, this scalp burning condition seems to be chronic and complicated.  Also, it looks like people have been going from doctor to doctor with no relief or cure.   I think it would be a good idea for everyone to post the name(s) of doctors that have helped them.  This would help weed out the best doctors for this condition.  
If you've got Folliculitis Decalvans, then that's what I had.  The ONLY thing which cured it after trying several different products prescribed by my doctor, was Sebco.  

If whatever your doctor is prescribing hasn't worked within a week, please keep going back and try something else, (the Sebco worked for me) as it's a horrible condition.

Do wear a hat when you're out in the sun, as the skin will be very sensitive.

Good luck.
Just want to share with you all what has worked for me relative to the sever scalp pain, bumps on my head, stabbing as if hot rods were being stuck in my head and a feeling of something crawling on my head. The pain started 2 and a half years ago and I have wanted to take my life over this issue from time to time. I also felt like something was pulling at my hair as if someone was taking little strands and just puling and it  hurt so bad. I went to dermatologist and Dr. after Dr. with no help for the longest time. I used Nix on myself and even though the dermatologist told me there was nothing wrong with me, after using it, the pulling sensation went away but the rest of the pain did not!  It took me 3 months on a waiting list to see a Lyme Specialist who put me on  high doses of antibiotics for a very long time and after that as I had periods of some pain but little time sores on my scalp that no one could see but I could feel, he put me on Diflucan  and Nystatin for weeks and I began to feel better and better but with still some intermittent episodes.  I tried every shampoo I could get my hands on, herbal oils etc. etc. I am sure most of you get the picture as you have been through it yourselves. It is a long story and I won't go into it at this point but I am a member of another health board of folks who all have the same problem. One of our members investigated and found that over the years he took many vitamins, minerals and supplements. He stopped them all and slowly improved. So I stopped my supplements too as I look back I am a vitamin addict.. Thinking I was helping myself get better and taking even more supplements, I only got worse. I can tell you for me that the worst are mag/cal supplements. I stopped everything I was taking and slowly and it does take a long time, I got better. Then I read about sulfur in shampoo which is a dandruff treatment. Now to tell you I do not have dandruff and never had it in my life but since it has sulfur in it, I used it the first week 3 times and my pain is GONE!! I now use it twice a week as I called the company and asked them their recommendation for use and that is what I was told. I have also been on antidepressants, amatriptyline for the nerve pain n my head and Ativan to help me deal with all this pain, confusion,  sleepless nights and as you know all the torments from the pain. The name of the Shampoo I am using is Jason's Dandruff treatment. It has 2% sulfur in it and all I can say is that it is working for me. Blessing to you all and I hope my experience can help at least one of you. oh, I forgot to say that I no longer take antidepressants, amatriptyline and I stay off of all vitamins and get my vitamins from the foods I est. I do take Ativan from time to time, but only because I have a sleeping problem.
Thank you for sharing your experience.   It seems like we all have different ideas for what may be causing or caused or scalp pain and other skin issues on the scalp.   I still don't know what caused mine or why it started my hair loss as well.   The pain and hair loss seem to be related.   I have not yet found any relief but have learned to live with it and find what triggers it like the sun.   It's so difficult to live with this condition and so very disabling.   I have been to many doctors but all local.   I wish there was a well known doctor that we could all consult with in some way.   I don't have the money to do any more research with doctors and it seemed to be a waste of money anyways.   I hope everyone continues to share their experience and what has helped them!  
Hi tyke1980,
I have been reading all of your posts my symptoms are th same as yours. I am a 32yr old male. For the part 4 weeks non stop my  scalp has been burning and tingling all over it has not stopped. This really gets me down i had to go to the hospitat the other day with the pain. I woke up one day and it has not stopped. I am waiting back from my gp for results from the x raw. The back of my neck is in so much pain i know this s linked to the scalp pain it is my nerves i can feel it. The doctor gave me amiphitalind i stopped this i did not like the side effects. I am taking cascaiscin cream this has numbed the nerves and has helped i really hope this goes away
Thank you for sharing.   I still have the pain almost daily but I think over time I learned to not let it ruin my days.   It comes and goes but is the worst in the sun, heat, wind, etc...    I still have not found any doctor that knows what to do and to be honest, after 3 years of medical visits to every doctor/specialist and so many medical bills, I gave up.   I got sick of going to see a doctor and them telling me they didn't know or that it was all in my head.   I think the only solution is to find out if something makes it hurt more and try to avoid those triggers.   I don't have any pain except for the burning scalp.   I don't know what caused the pain or how to help it.  I just hope that we can eventually find something or SOMEONE that knows about this so they can help us!!!   Take care and don't give up!
hello guys,  all i can say is that i've got same problem in my scalp and i read a lot in net and library, but i found that it,s strongly depend on our stress and i saw that there is a cure and its work, its call Verbascum use it and trust me its so so good for scalp pain, but main reason is stress and just stress, i lost my control whenever my stress came and i really dont know how can i reduce it but i used Verbascum and its very calm my skin and of course scalp, try to go club and training its very helpful ( i hope ) because i started to do train to distract my self from bad things that happened in my life,
best regard just stay away of stress i know is not easy but do best
listen guys. i myself am having scalp discomfort. not nearly as severely  as some of you. i dont have any insurance so i will use the knowledge gained through forums like this one. however, what i have learned in my 48 years of existence is that you MUST find the right doctor. their is a doctor out there that knows exactly what your going through. please dont give up. dont limit your search for a cure to your local doctors or to the doctors that have been recommended to you. those docs may have been wonderful for whoever recommended them to you but may not know squat about scalp disorders. i recommend u watch the tv show mystery diagnosis to see just how incompetent doctors are. please use every method that you have available to find the doctor that is most certainly out there, maybe even another state that knows what you are going through to help overcome this. good luck and God bless you.
Hi everyone. first I would like to say that I am not a doctor. I have been reading the posts in general, and i as a male I have gone through all of these symptoms. The burning, hairloss, tightening of the scalp and pain. In my case it began at age 18 and the discomfort nearly disabled me, and i have never been free of it since. My problem began in conjuntion with Male Pattern Baldness.It started with rapid loss of hair at age 18 and my scalp began to tighten along with all the smyptoms I mentioned above. No doctor then was able to help me, and even doctors today get a stupefied look when i complain of it.

From what I've learned from hairloss forums is that when MPB hairloss begins, the follicle begins to shrink and inflammation takes place in the scalp. Along with hairloss something called scalp atrophy takes place where the scalp thins and tightens up, basically losing its elasticity. Along with the process scaring also takes place in the scalp where the hair follicles have miniaturized.

Ask any hairdresser and they can tell you that a bald scalp becomes hard and tight. Ask any doctor and you'll get a dumb look. When hairloss is rapid and sudden, it is called Telogen Effluvium, and this can cause what is described as, "Burning Scalp Syndrome." If the hairloss is temporary, then it may subside, however, in cases of permanent hairloss, it can cause long term discomfort.

I have tried many things to alleviate the symptoms that i suffer from, but in my own case, there is really nothing out there as of yet other than sedatives, massage, and shampoos with salicylic acid (aspirin). I have to say that attempts to improve circulation in the scalp are helpful with pain. Intense sweating in a dry hot sauna may help, and vigorous massage is somewhat helpful too. Anything to help to relax the scalp muscles is helpful.

My belief is that when and if doctors find hair growth treatments that really work, then many people will find that these symptoms will go away.
I have been reading your comments in hopes of some ideas of what direction to go for my "scalp Pain" and was very impressed and LOVED your encouraging comment you left about "life being precious".   :) I have lost four friends to suicide and was very touched by your compassion and kind words to another person asking for help!  
Job well done on all levels! Medically.... and for being the person you are.
That's all ~ Have a wonderful year! and thank you fro taking the time to answer people's questions!  ~
So is the sulfur shampoos helping with the pain and the dandruff ?
I too have the exact same symptoms and have been very depressed. Mine started after my hair was colored and highlighted. I'm going to get to the bottom of this . This happened a year ago and now reading all your stories I now know this is never going to get better . There are certain areas on my scalp that are the worst . I have to put ice on my scalp to stop the inflammation .. I feel like my hair is being tugged and burns /stings.. I can't go out in the sun and it hurts to wear a hat .. I've broke down several times but trying to be strong . I pray to God often to give me the strength to deal with this and maybe find some sort of help .. I did take this to small claims court and the judge laughed the whole way through.. Humiliating!!  People think I'm crazy and get tired of my wining .. Anyway hope let me know if you find anything out and I'll do the same .. Prayers are with everyone
Could you please tell me where you looked up or found out what u have ? Thank you
Hey there, it seems that a lot of people are suffering from the same problem. Well, I've found that if you massage the back portion of your neck ,Moving from bottom(Middle of your back) to the top(Scalp Head). 95% of the scalp pain would be relieved within 5-10 min of continuous massage. I've tried this on myself and pretty satisfied. Must try (No side-effects).

You could get it done by any of family member as well, because your hand won't be able reach out there.

I dyed my hair last August and within 5 days after my hair turned to straw and started falling out...then blood started coming out my nose and mouth...than the my head was on fire and my brain felt like it was being electrocuted.  It lasted for about 20 straight days and then lessened.  I know have lost 50% of my hair and I have constant pain in my scalp.  I have been to many doctors who say that the dye can not penetrate (um look at me I look way different) and my sebaceous glands are all gone and I have no sweat coming out my head and my life is awful.  I just had an MRi and test was normal except for the "migrain spots" on the brain...um sorry never have I had a migraine.  I want to die...my life is so different now and doesn't feel like it will ever be the same.  Anyone know any answers.  I am most likely going to lose the rest of my hair, but the pain is worse...I can get  a wig...any one?
My scalp pain started just about 5 years ago after I hit my head I was getting severe stabbing pains in my head which no pain killers would help then my kids father passed away which caused lots of stress and anxiety which made my pain worse then started getting burning pain on my scalp it almost feels like a chemical burn then I started getting bumps mostly all over the right side of my scalp they are so painful they start as a big bump on my head and get massive headaches then they turn into scab they start to heal then get worse again they will go away then I get more they've just recently started going down my neck with swelling down the right side of my neck for the last six months not a day since has the swelling gone down my hearings goes in and out I have one pupil bigger then the other that causes lots of pain in my right eye I also get pressure in my head that is unbareable I'm I so much pain I feel like giving up sometimes but I can't because I got two handsome little boys. I'm been told I have trigeminal neuroliga, Optical neuroliga, Shingles, migraines, fibromyalgia then been treated for all of them but one dr says I have something then the next says no. I've been on so many percriptions at least tried over 100. I've had ct scans blood work testing for everything and anything. Even biopsy on an artery several spinal taps. I do have Crohn's disease, anemia, endometriosis, TMJ, bulging discs in c5-c6 and I'm only 33 years old and feel like I'm dying. I've been told how many times that everything is in my head and just wish for once they would believe the pain I'm going through and help I feel like I'm failing as a mother and wife
I've been exactly the same however my heart rate was rating up yo around 160 when my head started to go very bizarre, im waiting on my neurologist, I did have a rash that looked very like acne but I'm now starting to wonder is it shingles of the head and it has went unnoticed as I have lumps on the left side of my scalp, one bigger than the rest but the gland on the back of my neck near my skull is pretty enlarged, the right one which is odd as all the problems have been on the left side
After reading almost all these posts, I think my problem may be related to a past shingle episode. Does anyone know if shingles, even several years later can cause severe scalp itching,  mostly when head is resting on pillow , etc.?  The shingles site was located on the temple.  I would appreciate anyone piping in and letting me know anything that you may know about this.
And, to everyone else, I certainly hope that you find some answers PDQ !!
Thank you.
How are you are tracy? Hope things got better.
What an angel that guy Kuna is trying to help others with this pain.. anyway, I just wanted to put in my two cents. I have this problem also been dealing with it for a year. I notice when I stop eating carbs, gluten, bread, grains,sugar, anything sweet, even fruits, potatoes for at least 2 weeks I see a huge improvement. But once you cheat, even with a little bit, you have to start the two weeks all over again. I have found that it is associated with candida a fungal infection which is very difficult to get diagnosed by a conventional md. Please if you are desperate enough, try it. I too have struggled with depression and severe suicidal ideations. Even felt like I was psychotic and seriously losing it. My hair felt like it was being pulled and it is painful to the touch. Sometimes it just felt like I had a helmet on my head and my head felt humid. When the time came around before I had my period, it was the worst and really bad mentally. I believe due to higher progesterone levels in the body will flare up the candida. Someone also mentioned they have diabetes and they know when they have high blood sugar levels because it will start hurting and itching.. again, candida feed on sugar and possibly why you get that symptom as well. Thinking of all of you.. youre not alone.. keeping fighting
Hey their,
as i am writing here after a long time. i have give a short haircut to myself and so that the least pain is experienced. and i use the hair oil just on weekends. rest all days i go for the Vaseline body lotion to be applied to my scalp just after the shower. It avoids freezing of hairs which result in upto 70% relief in scalp pain.
and for a permanent cure to this problem i had a conversation with this doctor(link mentioned below), for the scalp pain problem and he told that only a CHIROPRACTOR could help us out (who deals with the readjustment related to spine and head region). and they don't advise or prescribe any kind of medicin. Its just certain massage or adjustment and you are done.
To those of you with pain on only one side of your head...that is herpes on the scalp aka shingles...cicitricial alopecia...scarring alopecia...it burns it hurts and the pain is real...stress triggers and there are some treatments that work over time....
Its the hair dye...and no one will believe it...not a dr. not a friend...not anyone because no one wants to face the fact that the chemicals we put on our heads can kill us and/or cause severe irreversible damage to our bodies.