Neurology Expert Forum
Sex and urination problems starting 1 month after car accident

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

3.5 years ago, at the age of 31, I was a passenger in a highway rollover accident at 85 mph.  I felt fine at the time, so I never got x-rays.
  About 1 month later while sitting for a few hours I felt a strong pain between my scrotum and anus, just behind my testicles.  It felt as if my pants were too tight.  I've had hemorrhoids since I was a teen, so I attributed the pain to that somehow.  My groin area and inner thighs were also getting very numb.  This problem lasted a few days and I started having problems urinating.  My urine stream was very weak and I had a burning sensation maybe .5 inch inside my urethra from the tip of my penis.  Sometimes I would release a little urine 1 second after zipping up.
  The pain had ceased but the numbness continued.  I could not feel anything during urination or when stimulated, making sex very difficult.  I searched the internet and found that these symptoms related to an enlarged prostate.  A few months later I went to a urologist.  After a cystoscopy, he said everything looked normal and my urination problems were probably just a "nervous bladder" and my numbness problems could be caused by Diabetes, which I was never diagnosed with.
  It is intermittent.  Most of the time I feel maybe 5% of what I could feel before the accident, and a few times a year I can feel a lot more (maybe even as high as 50%) but usually the sensation diminishes rapidly after feeling it (within a few seconds).  My penis head still gets very sensitive after orgasm (when I can), like before the accident.
  What could cause this and is it repairable?
It seems like you waited a long time to see anybody after the onset of symptoms?
Therefore it may be hard to diagnose what caused the problem in the first place
After trauma, sometimes pelvic injury can be quite or delayed and, for example a slowly expanding blood clot could conveivably cause some damage to local nerves supplying the skin, bladder, and sexual organs. A CT scan at that point could have evaluated this.
You should however have a more full evaluation of the pelvic organs perhaps by a CT scan to look for any residual signs of truama or growths, and some neurophysiological testing of the nerves such as EMG of the anal sphincter, and urodynamic studies of urine flow (which your urologist could do), and of course a good neurological physical examination by a neurologist. Such findings could be caused by a spinal cord problem but in the absence of spasticity in the legs this is unlikely.

Good luck
Thank you very much for your answer!  Yes, I know I waited a long time... but I don't have health insurance or much money.
Do you have a suggestion for that?

This is a stab in the dark but my partner had an outbreak of Herpes type I a while back which came up as coldsores on her lips. During that time I was also likely infected because I felt extremely run down and the insides of my thighs also became numb. I also felt some burning during urination.

Although it is unlikely, did you ever check for STD's? Herpes should only be an issue for a week or two when it relapses and most people don't even feel the symptoms but some people react differently. I knew someone whos whole throat constricted up when they had their first outbreak. Considering it can reside in the nerves at the base of the spine is it possible your body is having an adverse reaction to a possible infection?

http://www.globalherbalsupplies.com/herpes/symptoms.htm#first_outbreak
After sitting in a forced reclined position in a non-reclining chair (at a movie theater) for 15 minutes or so, I have also experienced, a few times, a very sharp pain in my tailbone when returning back to an upright sitting position.
  Could I have a crack in my tailbone?  And if so, *could* that cause the symptoms above?