Neurology Community
Sexual Activity is Messing Up My Brain Chemistry

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Something is very wrong with me, when I feel aroused my body starts going into involuntary spasms and twitching and when I engage in sexual activity I develop hyperthermia of temperatures up to 39.2c, its not the exertion that causes me fevers but actualy the effect sex has on my brain or body, even if I dont move and let my partner do all the work I still end up very ill and feverish. Furthermore I develop hypertension during sex, normally by BP is 125/60 but during sex it as gone up to 194/103. When I stop my Bp drops back down slightly but it only takes a second of sexual stimulation for my BP to go right back up. Sex also causes my extremeties such as my toes and my fingers to turn icy cold and pale whilst the rest of my body burns up with heat, the worst is my head as it beacomes extremely hot on my face, cheeks, and the crown of my head.

If I preceed to the point of orgasm then I end up often requiring emeregency treatment and I have often gone the ER after sex with hyperthermia, as soon as I ejaculate it instantly feels like I steped into a room with a furnace, my heart becomes very irregular and my tempearture and blood presure fluctuate wildly and very unusually fast, I found that my temepearture readings change almost every minute sometimes varying by up to half a degree and this last for about 15 minutes before it ends up siiting on a around 38 c, I often run for the cold shower which only worsens the spasms, It takes at least 2 hours sitting in front of the cooling system with a wet towel and wet hair before I start feeling normal again. It actually feels like my brain overheats, Im scared its going to kill me one of these days as it feels so intensly horrible. I desperatly need help, although I've had Autonomic dysfunction for the past 9 years it does not warrant such an odd and unheard of sexual response.
I know my situation is unusal but please try and help, even if it means to speculate on the cause.
anyone ?
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Dysautonomia-Autonomic-Dysfunction/show/266

Hey Endure,
The above link is to another forum at this website for Autonomic Dysfunction, which you said you have.  There are posts in there from people in the same situation as you.  To find those posts, when you get to the website, there is a blue bar across the top of the forum posts, and just to the right of it is a rectangle that says, "Search this Community," and in there simply type the word "sexual" and it will find them.  You can also copy your own post here and make a new one to paste in over there for that forum.  But the idea is, your problem is associated to the Autonomic Dysfunction that you have.  I hope some of those people over there can respond to your questions and concerns.
GG