Neurology Expert Forum
Sexual Problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Sexual Problem
I am a 36 year old male that has been married for 13 years. I have suffered from severe premature ejaculation for years. I have a history of kidney stones and noticed the problem worsened after a stint was placed in my urethra about 7 years ago. On average I ejaculate about 10 seconds after penetration. I have tried everything from exercises, antidepressants, numbing creams, home remidies, etc. . . nothing works. This had dramatically affected my sex life and I need to know what I can do to have this problem resolved.  
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

There are many causes of premature ejaculation. These include psychogenic (such as anxiety, infrequent sex, poor technique, etc) and biogenic (such as penile hypersensitivity, hyperarousability, endocrine abnormalities, etc). Premature ejaculation is a disorder that is best diagnosed and treated by urologist. Have you had any formal psychological counseling?

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.

A related discussion, no feeling at climax was started.