Neurology Expert Forum
Shadows in peripheral vision?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Shadows in peripheral vision?

Hi there,

I have been seeing moving shadows in my peripheral vision for about 2 months now. This happens at all times of the day, regardless of sleep etc.

Another few things. I get constant headaches, which occur all over. When I close my eyes, I get dizzy and need to hold onto something to remain standing. The top of my head gets numb on the left side frequently.

It's probably nothing, thought I'd check. Thanks!

Natalie
First of all, keep in mind that I am unable to diagnose you because I am unable to examine you, this forum is for educational purposes.    
   The symptoms that you describe are non-specific for any single disorder, but are concerning.  The first thing you need to do is see an ophthamologist (eye doctor).  A retinal detachment can cause the symptoms you describe, but is unlikely to happen on both sides at once (but not impossible, especially if you have diabetes).  Other possibilities could include migraine auras, sleep disorder, and/or post-traumatic stress disorder.  Migraine headaches seem to be likely given your headaches.  Getting dizzy after closing your eyes, could be related to a peripheral neuropathy (loss of the nerves in the legs that control body position sense).  I would recommend that you see a neurologist for a complete exam.
I hope this has been helpful.
i think you should see youyr MD for a general exam,  and then a neuro-opthamiologist.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms.
Sorry, just a little more information.

I'm 24/Female, and have been in generally good health.

A related discussion, Vision partially erased was started.