Neurology Community
Shakiness, difficulty moving body

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Shakiness, difficulty moving body

25yo caucasian male

I have experienced shakiness and sometimes small body tremors for the last 10 years. This happens when I am trying to move my body in a way that requires a lot of mental concentration. I first had trouble in middle school, when I was trying to hand-copy an essay I had written. I did not have any problem writing the essay, but copying it onto another paper caused my hands to shake and it just came out with illegable scribbles. Trying to do homework that required me to switch back and forth frequently between reading and writing also caused be to become unable to write. If I continued to try to force myself to do the task anyway, I started feeling pressure in my head and then my ability to read started going away. I would look at words, or listen to a teacher talking, but not understand what they were saying.
Some factors that seem to make this worse, I have found over the years, are going without a healthy meal for more than 4 hours, eating foods containg sugar or eating a lot of fruit, being in a noisy envirorment, and hot temperatures.

Sometimes it was so bad, that it became difficult to walk or to talk. My movements and speach became slurred. When I try to move my hand sometimes it moves only weakly, with little strength. When I try to concentrate to move it anyways, it moves the wrong way, or starts shaking. Much of the time I feel fine, and there is no problem.

Recently, in the last two years, I have begun to feel dizzy, as if I am about to pass out, and everything becomes blurry. Sometimes when I try to rest and not think about anything, I experience small seizures.

I am not sure what is wrong. I have seen several professionals, and my problems have at various times been attributed to Asperger's syndrome (mild autism), plain stress causing panic attacks, even schizophrenia. I had a blood test to hypoglycemia, which did not come back positive, but I have read that these tests are very often inaccururate, especially if the doctors do not have experience with blood sugar problems. From what I have read, my symptoms seem similar to chronic Lyme disease, or at least the underlying cause for which many desperate sufferers out there with such symptoms are paranoidly calling "Lyme". Rarely I get Parkinson-like tremors, but the shackiness is almost exclusively "intention-tremors" (only happening when I try to move a particular part of my body).

I really feel that the professionals have no idea what is wrong, and this is very frustrating since my symptoms make life very difficult at times. I lose my coordination and cannot swim when loud music is blaring, so could not be on the swim team. I felt too dizzy to take a soccer class, since it was hot and humid at the field. I think there are many people with similar medical problems, that are being completely ignored by medical professionals.