Neurology Community
Shaking/Tremors in my head for many years

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hi to all, I am a 30 year old male and I have been having this problem for many years now. I have some sort of shaking/vibration in my head and I am not sure where exactly it comes from. It severely affects my concentration and I have been unable to hold down a job. Sometimes it results in a crippling headache, other times I feel nauseous. I have tried to do some face exercises like clenching my jaw tightly and shaking my head but it wouldn't relieve the shaking.

Due to the shaking/vibration i my head, I find it very hard to focus and do even some simple tasks. I ever had a CT scan done many years ago but it showed nothing. Basically I just feel like I will just have to live with this all my life. The problem becomes more servere when I am subject to stress. I am really at a lost as to how I can find a way to allievate this incessant shaking in my head. I can't concentrate on doing something for any long period of time. I also have a history of depression/OCD but I don't think it is the cause of this shaking. I almost feel like there is something shaking/shivering in my head and I am sure its not psychological. Many people tell me it is but after suffering for 10 years, I am sure its not. I am a very light smoker and these few days when I try to stop smoking completely, the shaking comes back.

I sometimes feel so alone, and I know not many people understand what I am going through because I look normal on the outside. I also have problems doing some simple tasks at times like having enough focus to hold up a bowl of hot soup and place it properly on the table... It feels like there is this cloud over my brain that disturbs my focus...

The shaking/tremors stops when I sleep, lie down, or rest my head on something... I am not sure why this is so and I hope it may present a clue on my condition.... When my head rests against something, I seem fine and my brain seems to work....

Please share any ideas or suggestions that you may have. Take care.
Can Doctor please give some advice? Thanks a lot a lot
The Yog Pranayam (breathing exercises) will  help you relax and also help to improve the head shake. I have shown all the exercises to be done. Initially I want you to do anulom vilom(30 minutes) and Bhramri (upto 20 times), for 9 days and then do all the pranayams regularly. Keep your eyes closed and concentrate. Come back to report your progress when you feel the difference. Also I want to know, when you feel fine without smoking, as this is the point when you will be able to stop smoking.
Your feedback will help someone else.
Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.

You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and hold your head steady. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Do this for 15 to 30 minutes twice a day.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through the nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 12  times

Once you are better, continue the pranayam once a day.
Be patient, as the benefits will show over a period of months.Only by doing you will benefit and feel good because you are helping your body.

Thanks I will try..... I will update you in a few days
Can Doctor give me some feedback???

And hava, do you think nootropil and gingko biloba will help?? Will taking these consistently help?? What other drugs could help?? Kindly advice
Can the doctor give me some advice
Can Doctor give some advice??
Can doctor please advice..
Can the doctor please give some advice..
I am considering going to see another neurologist but I am afraid that nothing will come out of it again...The first neurologist I saw about 9 years ago just did a CT scan and then sent me packing... he did not even do anything else...
The shaking doesn't seem to subside..... Nowadays I am also very stressed because I have been out of a job for many months....Can someone give some advice
Well, it's hard to pinpoint what might be your problem based on what you've said, but could be you've got a simple tremor, plenty of folks have it, like Kathryn Hepburn had it and her head wobbled.  That would be something drugs would help.  Also could be a pinched nerve in your neck is misfiring, producing these shakes, because you said it didn't do that when you rested your head.  Could also be you have a type of seizure going on.  You should indeed go to a new neurologist group, they should do a CAT scan of your head and neck, and they should also do a 24-hour EEG on you (tests brainwaves), and they should also do an EMG for you (tests neuromuscular activity).

In the meantime, you could get a soft neck collar at the drugstore, and if they don't have any there, ask the pharmacist where you might get one.  If you'll wear one for, say, a week or so, could be it will help those tremors until you see your doc.  That way you'll know it's probably a spinal nerve doing this.  I'm thinking in this case of how you said your head doesn't shake when you lay down or otherwise support your head.

Another that comes to mind is perhaps some sort of vertigo, where you think things are moving around you when they aren't.  Usually people feel like they're going to fall over, they become unbalanced, and it's kind of scary.  If you think this makes a little sense, you can go to an ear nose throat ENT doc, and he can diagnose and treat you for this sort of condition, he'll check out your ears where the balance system is located.  In the meantime, if this seems possible, you can take motion sickness tablets, you can buy them over-the-counter at the pharmacy.

Lastly, it's also possible a medication or aspirin or some vitamins you've been taking has the side effect of causing this sort of palsy thing, or maybe it's "brain zaps" that SSRIs can cause, that sort of thing.  You can go to a general doc and have him review your meds for any problems they may be causing you.  He can also draw blood and see if you're deficient or overdosing with any vitamins or minerals, as that can also cause some strange symptoms in people, with the lack B vitamins causing some neurological sorts of problems, altho lack of minerals can also also do a number on a person's nervous system, and also an imbalance or too much of vits and mins can do this to you.

Hope this helps a little.  But get thee to a doc and get a checkup, at the very least, if none of this rings a bell.  He can refer you to a neurologist if he thinks that's what's going on.  
Maybe it isn't neurological..... Sometimes I feel that my jaw has internal tremors,..... Or could it be the neck that has a problem....... When I feel the tremors in my jaws, I would just tighten my jaw and try to fight the tremors...

Is it possible the jaw has a problem that could be causing this
Dear Mic,
That is sounding even more like medication... go to a regular doc and have him check you out, review any drugs you're on, draw blood, and do a preliminary look for many neuromuscular problems (nerves fire and make muscles move).  The muscle tightening could be from a variety of medical issues, some of which I pointed out before, like a pinched nerve in the neck, and if you've torn up your jaw somehow, the family doc will also want to check out how that feels and works.  He can then refer you to a specialist, or modify your meds, and in general begin to come up with a diagnosis and thus treatment.
GG
I can only get an appointment to see a psychatrist and hopefully he can refer to a neurologist.... I went to see a neurologist and that dude was totally clueless.... Did a CAT scan and thats it...... Refused to do anything, no medicine, no nothing.... Under the subsidised healthcare system, I must wait till September to see a specialist and the GP who attended to me at the polyclinic refused to refer to neurologist..... He said go back to see a psychatrist...... You realli sound more knowledgable than the doctor dudes I saw... Most of them look clueless.... And they would refer to psychatrist once they decide they don't know......
You didn't say if you were on any drugs at the moment, but you did say you have a history of depression and OCD.  If you're on SSRIs, you'll get brain zaps when you're not getting enough medication, which might be what you're having.  And it looks to me like if your head has been shaking for ten years, and your last scan was nine years ago, well, could be you need a new one to include the neck, and also could be they need to look at you in relation to having a type of seizure or tremor by running a 24-hour or longer EEG.  I agree, I think your psychiatrist will know what specialist to send you to, if it's not a drug-related situation.  Well, I hope that doc will help you.
All the specialist I have seen seem to want to save trouble... They just want to rush to discharge you... I am not on any medication...... The specialists may not be willing to send me for additional testing and insist the CAT done 10 years ago is enough.... That is the state of healthcare here.... thats why I have almost given up on finding a cure......
No medications...hmmmm.  I think it's a nerve problem if it hurts anywhere around your head, neck, and jaw, or if a "special" feeling happens when that tremor starts up, sort of deep in a muscle.  And do a search online for "tremor," and read all about that, see if any of that fits with you.  Also, if other people close to you can visually see this tremor, then next time you go to any doc, take them with you.  Explain to that doc any pain, and/or strange feeling in a muscle, AND how it goes away when you lay down, when you go.  

This, I think, needs a clinical evaluation by a neurologist, possibly a new scan, and a 24-hour EEG, and you might need to be on medication for this tremor or pinched nerve or whatever it is.  However, if your GP and psychiatrist don't see the need for you to go to a neuro, perhaps you can talk them into sending you to an ear nose throat ENT doc, or you might could go on your own since seeing an ENT is fairly routine.  He will be schooled on head shaking type stuff and might can help you out.

I hope this finally helps you with a sort of plan to go at this.  And in the end, it could very well be that if you don't have pain, and you don't have a feeling in a muscle when you have this tremor, and if no one else sees it, well, the psychiatrist can prescribe you perhaps some sort of tranquilizer with anti-spasm in it, like Klonopin.  It may soothe you enough to stop that tremor sensation you have, so be open to that kind of drug.
Thanks , you have been very kind... I will keep you updated on my condition...... My head feels shaky again.. Day and night, never goes away.......... I am seeing the psychatrist in Spetember... Hopefully he can refer to a neurologist.... Or else I really don;t know what can be done....
I seem to be quite alone in the shaking type of symptoms..... I am actually hoping its psychological because at least I can find a solution..... I will give psychological medicine another try...... All these problems started since I got unemployed...... From 2004-2007 I was studying and the symptoms were mild at best, with only a handful of relapses..... So I do believe that part of the problem is psychological as well..... However I am not sure if psychological reasons explain the physical symptoms I experience.....At times, the tremors are really bad and I can't do a single thing right....
I am now thinking the problems are not with the brain... I often feel a stiffness/tremors in my jaw and I am increasingly thinking the problems are related to that.... But I am unsure which specialist to see for this problem?? The problems could also orignate from the throat or neck area.....
Well, like I said in my last post, you ought to be able to go to an ear nose throat ENT doc, that's something you do not need a referral for, look one up in the phone book and go over there.  In meantime, you could go to a health food store, ask one of the clerks to direct you to some herbal stuff that relaxes muscles or acts as a tranquilizer.  Also, while you're in there, get you a multivitamin.  Listen, I know what it's like to be a little crazy, but not to worry, you're in good company.  But I think you have a physical problem, not mental, becuz the tremor goes away when you lay down!  That tells me it's a nerve thing.  But go to an ENT, would you plez!  It's not fair that you have to deal with this on top of everything else that worries you.  Keep us posted, sorry I was away for a while. GG  
I have a psychatrist appointment from a government hospital but I don't really feel like going... Government doctors are very conservative, there are only a handful of drugs that they will prescribe me, and I'll bet its prozac again.... I also do not think he will acceed to my request to be referred to a neurologist....I basically have no faith in government doctors..... I am considering going to a private specialist but I am very worried about the costs involved....It might cost me a lot of money...... I don't have a job now and I can't afford the medical fees....

You are right, a lot of issues are bothering me..... I feel so sad at times.....
Have you considered the possbility of Tourettes Syndrome, A good deal of what you describe some what fits that catagory. I myself have Tourettes the majority of my symptoms are above my shoulders. I have met a lot of people over 40 who don't know what it is, mostly because thte doctors they have seen aren't familiar. One key trigger for me was that it is worse with Stress, anyway, do me a favor and look it up as a possible. Hope you get it figured out.
Dear Mic,
Oh, go ahead to the psych doc, who knows, maybe they'll give you something to relax the muscles and/or numb the nerves, like Neurontin.  I really like the above poster's suggestion, Nealmed, they may be onto something about Tourette's, you could mention that to the psych doc, it'll put your tremor thing into larger focus for them, and you might even get a neurologist referral out of it!  If prosac helped you before, go ahead with it, unless you didn't like it last time you took it.  If they want to give you that and you don't want it, say so and tell them why, and hopefully they'll come up with an effective alternative.  But really and truly, somebody has got to address this tremor thing, THAT'S what's making you feel so awful, and prosac would really only be a bandaid, in my opinion.  But if that's all they'll give you is a bandaid of some kind, by golly take it.

Next time you go to your general doc, see can you get him to order a plane black & white X-ray of your neck and head, to see if a nerve is jammed up and causing this, ordinary X-ray is inexpensive and they ought to at least do that for you.  It won't show the nerves, but it WILL show if your vertebrae are not aligned properly, or may show if your jaw is out of joint, and thus may be pinching on a nerve.

And I still think you ought to see an ear nose throat ENT doc, can't you just go to one of those?  They can check out your jaw area, since that's where you're sort of pinpointing the origin of your discomfort.

Let me bring this up.  I clench my jaws a lot because of stress and tension.  You could try some "head exercises," where you open your jaw wide, and then relax it and keep your mouth open for a few minutes.  Breathe in very deeply a few times while you're doing that.  Also rub the joint where the jaw meets the skull and simultaneously concentrate on relaxing your mouth open, breathe deeply.  Then reach around to the back of your neck at the bottom where the bone sticks out, and rub all around it, work your way up the cervical spine to the base of your skull, and then rub the back of your lower skull, might feel a little uncomfortable so go easy whenever you push on your skull like that.  Then lay down when you're done, which you said gives you relief from your tremor.  Think the most pleasant thoughts you can come up with, like "go to a place" in your imagination that you really like, use all your senses to be in that place for a while.  Could be if you do this daily, it might decrease the discomfort a little.  

You could get a hot water bottle and put it on the side of your neck and jaw where it hurts, and just lay there and watch TV or whatever, until the bottle cools down.  By the way, to lift your spirits when this annoying symptom is going on, getting outside and walking around the neighborhood for a while, or any exercise outside, will release endorphins in the brain, the best feel-good "drug" around.  Also, try to get enough protein and carbs in your meals, fresh fruits and vegies, even tho you might not be hungry.  And drink plenty of water, maybe get some vitamin supplements.  Those things will help fight off the sad feelings you get from all this.  It's the pain and constant aggravation of this tremor that is making you feel blue, so if you fight it off the best you can by the lifestyle tips I've given you, could be it'll help balance you out a little better.

Like I said, go ahead to the psych doc, you really need to do some lengthy talking with them about how you're feeling, and this constant tremor thing that is driving you nuts.  I know that a disabling nerve problem like you got can wreck your whole life.  The docs have GOT to either figure out what nerve is goofed up and/or they've got to give you medicine to make it stop, maybe Tourette's drugs or seizure drugs!!!

As a last resort, you could go to a dentist, there's a thing called TMJ which is when the temperomandibular joint gets painful and doesn't work right, it's where the jaw attaches to the skull, and the dentist will know exactly what to do about that for you, if he figures out that's what it is.  He'll take X-rays of it and sometimes they can even do a little operation that will correct that.

Well, keep us posted with what's going on.  You are not alone, even tho you feel alone.  Go to places where other people are and socialize, get in touch with relatives and acquaintances and try to make better friends with them, so you'll have someone in real life to share with.  My back was fractured in a car wreck, and the pain sent me right around the bend, and were it not for my husband, I'd have ended up in a mental hospital.  Thankfully, after pleading with so-called experts about how much it hurt, it was, of all things, my PSYCHIATRIST who prescribed the Lyrica I take now that gives me relief from a tore-up back that needs an operation but I cannot afford it.  Best wishes to you, I've been to that lousy place you're stuck in right now, and I don't wanna go back, that's for sure!
GG
I basically have little faith in doctors..... I would really love to just live with the symptoms all my life but sometimes I feel I can't..... I don't really have the confidence to do a full time job....... The problem is I feel that the doctors will dismiss my case just as they did in the past.....
Dear Mic,
Look, please describe to me if you've tried any of the non-doctor stuff I've suggested and if anything has helped you or not.  I've put a lot of things to try, and if any of them bring relief, it may point to what is actually going on.  Then you might be more willing to go on to the doc.  Don't count out the psych doc, it's all you got right now.  And the ENT, they are rather good at figuring out anything to do with the head, and I asked you before, can't you just go to one without a referral?  Anyway, I would like some feedback on if you've tried any of my suggestions... and I liked the poster here who said it might be Tourette's, so keep that in mind when you finally go in to see the psych doc or ENT doc.  You may not have faith in docs, but it's better than nothing.  

As for work, hey, you can get a part-time job if you can't do full-time.  Just three days a week, a few hours a day, it'll get your mind off your physical problems and your worry, and you'll feel better about yourself.  And if you don't do that, why, just volunteer at a hospital or somewhere else, that way you're not really accountable to anybody, you just help out the best you can.  But if you absolutely cannot work at all, I know what that's like, so you can just forgetta about work, try to get some assistance down at the Department of Social Services place, they are set up to help folks just like you, who cannot do anything, and I know you can at least get your living circumstances in some sort of order.

Lots of people get sick, lots of people go from doc to doc, and lots of people feel just awful about their health situations for a long time.  But if you don't try to get help, then you most definitely don't have a chance in the world in resolving this thing.  You are not supposed to suffer, after all, and while docs are under a lot of pressure with our broken health care system, basically they DO care.  Plez give us feedback on what's been suggested here by everyone!
GG
I am trying everything I can think of right now...... I tried using an electronic hairbrush to massage my head to see if it allievates some of the shaking......... I think I may have a very rare sickness.... I do not think its tourettes because the symptoms don't really fit me....

Sometimes I wonder if its anxiety, but can it make me feel this way for so long?? I am contemplating seeing private doctors but they may cost a lot.......However, they may be more willing to acceed to requests for certain scans or medicine.... I do suffer from deep feelings of anxiety maybe due to the childhood I had.....

You know ggreg, after 10 years of having this, I still can't pinpoint which part of my head the shaking is coming from? I have seen an ENT before 9 years back... During that period I saw many specialists including eye specialists.....

I wonder whether there could be a tumour in the area linking my neck to the jaw...... I wonder whether it is possible...... I also wonder what could be wrong wth my jaw and what scans might reveal the problems??

Although I have had this problems for many years, there was a period of 4 years in between which I did not endure a flare up of the symptoms...... That was the period of time which I was studying and had relatively little stress...

I respond very poorly to social situations and I am socially inept, I get distraught being in a place where I have to make friends and talk to many people.....I am very worried about my livelihood and how I am going to support myself in future.... The uncertainty about my financial stability is adding to my stress..... I hope to find a part time job hopefully by the beginning of next year..... I think $500 may be enough to tide me over every month.......

Should I pray??? I have prayed for many many many times over the years.... but the problem remains......

Hey Mic,
Thanks for the feedback.  I think I may be on to what is bothering you.  There is a neuromuscular tremor or movement disorder called Spasmodic Torticollis, a neurologist can pinpoint this for you.  It is somewhat rare, and get this, it is not active when a person sleeps!  Just like you!  Something happens to the nerves and muscles in the neck, usually on one side, but the cause is often not found, despite imaging tests.  However, it is thought to originate in the brain, or injury to some structure in the neck.  Some people are helped by several drugs, one of which is an ordinary tranquilizer like Klonopin, and there are a couple others whose names I cannot recall because they're hard to spell, and also sometimes shots in the area will help.

I think in the beginning I had said you may have a tremor of some kind, and if what you got is this Torticollis thing, it's in that realm of health issues.  A neurologist is the exact person you should see, so yes, you must do everything you can to visit one.  By the way, sometimes this disorder can get worse, or stabilize, or even go into remission all by itself, so the fact that it didn't bother you for a while is in keeping with the way this thing can work.

I know how you feel, to be sure, as I was in a car accident, and people cannot SEE what the problem is, but that doesn't change the fact that I am in terrible pain all the time.  However, I finally did see the right doctors and got the right medicines, and at least now I am not crying 24/7.  Instead, I have many hours in the day where I can enjoy life.  I am older and on disability, I cannot work, so I'm luckier than you are.  While you are waiting to see a neuro, do go down to the Department of Social Services, tell them all your woes, and they want to help people, that's their whole goal in life.  

I hope my thoughts of your possible "affliction" will encourage you to visit a neuro, tell him about this Spasmodic Torticollis diagnosis, and at least that will give him a direction to go towards in treating you.  Tell him about the medicine I mentioned, too, altho he may want to try others that I can't recall the name of.  You're in my thoughts.
GG
I will just go to the psychatrist in the meanwhile and try to get some anxiety medicine which seems to worsen the symptoms by a lot at times.....I have tried tilting my head upwards(face the ceiling) to try to exercise my head........ The massage comb vibrations seem to help occasionally......

I am very grateful for all the advice you have given me and I feel happy that life is working out for you..... It gladdens me to know someone emphatizes with me....

Sometimes the problem does seem to go away for a while and I can't feel it.... Then it comes back again..... Stress worsens it...... I really hope it can go into remission.....

I feel that the doctors may be sincere in helping, but they may not know what to do for you at times... Especially if you seem to have a rare problem that they can conveniently push into the realm of "psychological medicine"....
Good, going to the psych doc is a start, and actually she can give you the Klonopin medicine I mentioned, it's a tranquilizer, good for spasmy type people.  You can even tell her why that one might help you, write down the nerve problem I've mentioned.  Glad you've been doing a little better and God Speed.
GG
Do you think a tumour in the area above the neck inside the jaw area could be causing the shaking?? I am really at wits end figuring out what is causing this?? I have no other symptoms other than this incessant shaking....
I think I have been prescribed Klonopin before.... I have only a few tablets left now.... I am optimistic about this drug.... I am seeing the psychatrist on the 17th and hopefully he can prescribe this drug as well as others.....
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Vibrations without a neurological cause and severe headache in the absence of other neurological symptoms may be because of anxiety and depression, multivitamin deficiencies or hypoglycemia. As you already suffer from anxiety and OCD, the symptoms are an exacerbation of the same. Please keep yourself free from stress, exercise regularly and socialize with family and friends. This will relieve you of the symptoms to a great extent. Stress is the root cause of many health problems. Please consult a psychotherapist for help. Eat a nutritious diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Relaxation techniques may help you a lot. Please consult a physician for the management of the symptoms. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!    
Is a CT head scan 10 years ago sufficient to preclude neurological causes?? The shaking is very bad at times, like a ball bouncing inside my head..
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi Mic,
If the CT scan was done 10 yrs. ago, you must get one done now. An MRI at the same time would be all the more helpful since it gives the minutest details. Please consult a neurologist once you get the reports. Take care and regards!
I am back to zero.... Decided not to see the psychatrist because there is no way he wil prescribe me klonopin long term..... He said that time its not to be used long term..... My head still shakes..... No signs of improving..... Klonopin seemed to make it better but I can't find any doctor willing to prescribe me that...... Can I buy it online??
Hey Alee,
I don't know how all that online stuff works, but I think you need a prescription from a physician to get it that way, but you could give it a shot and see what happens.  You could try going to a regular doc to get the tranquilizer, I suppose.  I'm glad your left-over Klonopin helped you.  Do consider going outside the government system and visiting a private neurologist.  Oh, and I remembered an "exercise" that helps with spinal nerve issues.  Lay down flat on the floor with your legs up in a chair, takes all the weight off your spine and relaxes it.  Could give you a little relief.  And on the medicine search, remember a health food store will have herb capsules in bottles that relax muscles and tranquilize people, so ask the clerk for some of those herbs, as a fill-in until you can get the real stuff.  Wish I could help more.
GG
I am tired of begging doctors to give me prescription drugs.... I wish to try normal supplement tablets.... Its very unlikely the psychatrist will be willing to prescribe me Klonopin long term....If I grow dependent on it, the situation might become worse.... I did visit a pharmacy and they do have some herb stuff..... I wish to try some natural medicine because I am tired of going to doctors.....

I have deep mistrust of doctors..... Many of them seem very conservative... I might go to a neighbouring country to see a neurologist.....
I can wake up 8-10 times in a single night these few days....Its tough..... I would love to see a private neurologist, but money is running short..... I guess I can only pray
You should try the natural therapy I posted on June 23, 2009 on this thread and feel the benefit.
Do miracles happen??
Dear Alee,
If you haven't cancelled the appoint with psych doc, PLEZ go to that doc, tell them about that Spasmodic Torticollis thing, and that supposedly Klonopin helps that, and you had some leftover and it helped you.  On that basis, could she please (a) give you a prescription with one refill, and (b) refer you to a neurologist so you can discuss this tremor that is driving you crazy.  That would be my advice to you if you haven't cancelled.  If you have cancelled, then go to a regular physician within the system, and tell him the exact same thing.  Get together some courage, be proactive about your health care, ignore feelings that docs don't care, and get thee some help!
GG
Can anyone tell me if I alone have these symptoms?? Nobody seems to complain about this.... My problem is incessant shaking inside my head..... What is happening to me?? Please help
www.spasmodictorticollis.org
www.torticollis.org
I went back to my old psychatrist..... He said he could only prescribe 4 weeks klonopin due to legal requirements..... So every 4 weeks I have to go back....He also stated that he will never increase the dosage...I am only on 0.5mg per day... I think he may give it to me long term but I will have to go back very often... Do you think he can order an MRI scan to rule out any other problems??

I am feeling better these few days... My head shaking seems better.... I am sleeping better and eating better.... My mood has improved significantly.....Maybe anxiety is causing many problems and Klonopin is helping..

I am a little worried he might take me off Klonopin after a few months... Then I am in trouble again..... Klonopin is cheap and I can afford that.... SSRIs cost a lot more.... Is there any medicine that is comparable to Klonopin if he decides to take me off it.... He did not mention but I am worried.......
Will the psychatrist be able to order an MRI???
Hi ggrey, are you there??
Are you POSITIVE that the Klonopin is helping the shaking?

If anxiety indeed is the cause of your shaking, then the doctors might put you on anti-depressants.   Klonopin for the long-term is a bad idea because it's highly addictive. Usually, long-term anxiety is treated with anti-depressants.  Look for generics for SSRI's or if cost is really an issue, try out the old-school tricyclic anti-depressants (these have been among the first anti-depressants and are now DIRT CHEAP; however they have more side-effects than the newer SSRI's).

But are you pretty sure the Klonopin is getting rid of your shaking?
Also, I think any doctor can order an MRI.  It's not just neurologists who can order an MRI.  My primary care doctor ordered an MRI for me before.  But whether or not your psychiatrist may feel the need for one is the question...  
I am really unsure if the psychiatrist will order one.... He runs a private clinic and he doesn't have the machines there... I think he can only write a letter to some neuro to recommend for an MRI at a bigger medical facility...

I am not sure what causes the shaking, but Klonopin seems to help...... I am on a very low dosage(0.5mg a day) so I don't think addiction is an issue.... The psychiatrist stated to me he will never increase the dosage, but I think he mentioned nothing about not being able to prescribe long term......

I was on prozac or many years but prozac doesn't help..... And its very expensive compared to Klonopin which is very very cheap and good....

I would like to stay on Klonopin for good.... SSRIs are very expensive and I can't afford them.....

I really don't know how to get an MRI done, but I would like to do one to rule out neurological causes of my head problems, then at least I know its psychological.... When I first started having this problem 9 years ago, I saw many specialist.... None ordered an MRI scan of the brain.... At the time I saw a neurologist but he would only do a CAT scan and thats all, he dismissed me after a while......

Even if I want to pay for an MRI, would the private hospitals do it for me without a doctor's orders??? If for eg I go to see a neurologist first at the hospital, there is no guarantee he would order one too... So I have to see him many times and maybe nothing will come out if it....

The psychiatrist says he can only prescribe 4 weeks supply of 0.5mg and nothing more... So I have to go see him every 28 days.....

I am really stuck not knowing what to do...
If you really want the MRI, you need to sort of build your case.

Definitely try and get your psychiatrist to help.  You should at least have him/her write a letter to some neuro to recommend an MRI.  This is better than nothing because a neurologist will be more likely to give you an MRI if another doctor thinks it will be a good idea.

Also, you should explain to your neurologist that your symptoms have been going on for 10 LONG YEARS.  Tell him that you've been through the psychiatric route and have been on anti-depressants for many years. Tell him the Prozac did nothing. This should tell him that your problem should not be just dismissed as simply psychiatric. Maybe more is going on.

If he tries to argue saying that the CAT scan you did came out fine, then you should tell him that it was done 10 years ago and your symptoms have not resolved since then and thus a more thorough investigation is warranted.

One thing to note.  An MRI won't tell you everything that's wrong with you neurologically.  There are many people on these neuro forums that are still trying to find out what's wrong with them yet have NORMAL MRI results.  For example, if you suspect epilepsy or a migraine, it may not show up on the MRI.  

Also, MRI's can be expensive. They are more expensive than CAT scans i think.

If you think this could be psychiatric, just b/c b/c Prozac didn't work doesn't mean another antidepressant won't. It's actually very common for people to go on different trials of anti-depressants until they find the right one for them. Everyone's different. If Prozac doesn't work, then try another SSRI.  And if that doesn't work, try an antidepressant in another class (SNRI or Tricyclic or MAOI).

When your head internally shakes, do you ever feel dizzy?  What is your vision like when your head is shaking inside?
Basically I have no other symptom other than this incessant shaking that cripples me... I sometimes feel disabled.... Like wasting away... Sometimes I seem a little unbalanced and even simple tasks get difficult.... Like for eg, I would be trying to hold a bowl of soup and my mind would just threaten to shut down... The shaking seems like a ball bouncing in my brain..... It severely disrupts my focus.... I can't do a normal office job and I am feeling very anxious now.... I feel my future is bleak if I can't figure out whats wrong with me..

I understand MRIs may not show anything wrong with me.. I really don;t wish to be led on a merry go round whereby I have to scan every part of the body to get a solution... I have limited financial resources and I am afraid medical bills will run into the thousands....

I have tried very hard to think of what is the best way forward ut I can't seem to find any... I am at wits end...
It seems like the first thing you need to take care of is obtaining some form of health insurance.

With something as complex as yours, probably several different tests and specialists may be needed just to explore what's going on with you. These tests can easily run into the thousands, and you might go broke if you pursue your medical condition without any form of health insurance. Ask if your parents might be able to help you out financially...    It might be expensive, but perhaps these tests will give you the peace of mind you need.

Also, it doesn't seem like you're at a complete loss of hope because you've found something that's working for your condition -- Klonopin.  Why don't you use the Klonopin as a crutch for now and try to get health insurance/job.  Then when that falls into place, you can investigate your condition further without going broke.

I don't know how much emphasis you put on money, but always remember that your HEALTH is priceless.  
If I still can't recover and my money runs out, Then I am afraid there is only one thing I can do.........I don't wish to do that yet......
Alee, I also have head tremors, my head shakes in a no-no manner all the time, I have just joined here to help find out more of ewhat I have been diagnosed with. It is called cervical dystonia. Has any of your health providers mentioned this?. I also have been missing alot of work, along with the head shakes comes cramps and spasms, I have lost the use in my fingers in my right hand, and now my neck has locked to the right, I am now waiting to see another nuerologist to see about botox...oh, I finally found out what was wrong with me by going to a movement disorder center...you amy want to look in that, as for the one thing you can do....dont even think about that, I have gone for many years now searching for answers as to what is wrong with me, and of course all I got was it is phycosematic, now finally, I know it isnt just all in my head....no pun intended, and that there is help out there, you just have to keep searching....and never give up..Good luck to you.
You have to think positively.  Didn't you say that the Klonopin is helping with your condition?  Do you think it helps enough that you can do things (hold soup, etc)?

Think of it in perspective. There are lots of worse things in the world, and people with these conditions still choose to live.
Klonopin is helping, but its a control drug and I will always be at the mercy of the psychatrist who can discontinue the prescription at any time.....

I am trying to live positively.... But its difficult.......

Do you know if the MRI brain scan scans for the areas below the brain as well(as in above the neck behind the mouth area) Or does it only scan the brain only..... I am not sure till today that the problem is neurological.... Or could there be something aove the neck/near the jaw area??
Thanks for your encouragement...... My tremors are internal tremors, as in noone around me can see the tremors.... Only I can feel the shaking inside me head... So people don't feel my pain..... Nobody can see the tremors and how it affects me....

I just have to keep ploughing on in search of answers.....
Yesterday I stopped Klonopin for a day..... I felt ok..... Today I had a terrible headache.....
When you say that you "felt ok" without the Klonopin, have your internal tremors gone away?  

Do you think this could be migraine-related?

Hope you are doing okay. Don't lose hope!
Hi again, I do understand about internal tremors, trying to tell the drs about them, well that is a different story, as you well know, before all of what is going on now with me released, i had internal tremors, as you are having, no one could see them, my husband thought i was not right, and my dr said it was phycosamatic...that did go on for quite some time, until things started to show, I have been on nemerous meds, to no avail, as I said I urged my dr to let me go see a movement disorder clinic, they said the inside tremors were the start of everything....hopefully some of my story can help you, and dont give up, I know it's hard, but you have to keep focused, if possible, write down everything that is happening, I found by doing that it was a little easier to explain, and a bit easier for myself...help is out there, and please dont forget that..it is hard, but we have to keep trying..good luck to you and keep your chin up, you really are not alone.
Sometimes I feel ok, other times not so....... Something still seems to shake inside my head..... I try to keep positive and live on.....
I feel better taking Klonopin,not sure why.... Could anxiety really be causing the head tremors? My doctor is very cautious with Klonopin. I am very worried about the continual prescription of this drug.... I wish to take it long term........
I think anxiety can manifest itself through physical symptoms. The only way to know for sure is if you run through some tests to rule out physical illnesses. If it's the only thing that's working for you, I don't see why a doctor wouldn't continuously prescribe it to you at low doses and under his/her supervision. Unless he/she has any better ideas...
The psychiatrist would only prescribe 0.5mg and 28 tablets at a time..... The doctors here are very cautious when prescribing benzos......Klonopin is very cheap.... SSRIs are very expensive.,... I can't afford them..... So I must stay on Klonopin..... I am going to see the psychiatrist on friday again......
Keep us posted with your progress.  Did your psych appt go well?
Thank you for your concern....The psychatrist told me he is comfortable with prescribing 0.5mg for 28 days at a time..... I will just continue to take this medicine and see if my condition improves,,,,, I do feel better, but I still have massive headaches and brain tremors at times.....

I do still feel like taking an MRI, this has been on my mind for many years......  
Is everything going okay?   Is your condition improving on the med?

Try to find out how much an MRI costs to see if you can afford it; it might put your mind at ease.

Keep us posted
Thanks a lot for your concern..I have been feeling better taking Klonopin.... I try to take as and when the shaking gets bad.. The psychatrist said he would prescribe 0.5 mg 28 tablets at a time. So I do have to go back regularly to get the medicine... The consultation is not too expensive thankfully as I have known the doctor for many years.... I hope that my condition will improve further.... Thank you a lot for your kindness and advice...
What can I do to stop this shaking.... My mind is totally not functioning.... I do feel better when I am not moving around... Maybe its really a movement disorder.... I am jobless, have totally no hope in life..... What can I do?
My Yog pranayam posted on June 23, 2009 will help you very much.You have to do it everyday and will be your long term solution.Keep doing the pranayam patiently, do not give up.
I have had the  EXACT same problem for probably 20 yrs. now. It started out with small tremors then got prgressivly worse.  Yes, laying down, resting your head on something or even holding my chin to steady my head helps. The things that made it worse was when I was stressed or nervous - CAFFEINE brings it on too, where drinking alcohol will help subside the tremors, but you don't want to become an alcololic (lol).  I was lucky enought to find a neurolgist that recognized my symptons immediately and diagnoised me as having DYSTONIA and TORTICOLLIS.  I also get botox injections every 3 months into my neck muscles which helps a LOT - especially with the headaches (rather intense pain in the muscles on each side of my spine in my neck).  Don't laugh, the original use for botox was for head tremors - the cosmetic uses were found accidently.  Anyway, 3 times a day I take the following meds and it has changed my life - in fact, they gave me my life back.  Here are the meds and dosages I take:  MYSOLINE (aka Primidone) 2 .50mg pills 3 x a day, KLONOPIN 0.5mg 3 x a day.  These 2 pills along with my botox injections have changed my life.  I can now go in public without feeling like a freak and I can hold down a job.

Google DYSTONIA and TORTICOLLIS and I think you will be surprised how the symtoms (symptoms) describe yours EXACTLY.  You can also google 'Familiar Tremor' also called 'Essential Tremor'.  Your symptoms are described in both and the same medication treatment is used for both. I've been through years of this and I would bet my life on the fact that you have what I have, Dystonia & Torticollis.

You can also go to this website for more information about Dystonia and request all the brochures you want for FREE and NO postage or handling fee-just register (free), create a login and password and place your order:
http://www.dystonia-foundation.org/pages/brochures_and_publications/224.php

This is the link to order FREE brochures:
https://dystonia.securesites.net/dystonia/pages/brochures/273.php

Order these brochures (no matter how many you order ALL is FREE):
1. What is Dystonia?
2. Understanding the Use of Botulinum Toxin Injections as a Treatment for Dystonia.
3. Understanding Dystonia Sheet.
4. Cervical Dystonia/Spasmodic Torticollis.
5. Oromandibular Dystonia
(Describes symptoms and treatments for cranial dystonias affecting the jaw and face)

Then call around and find a good neurologist (or ask your neurologist about Dystonia and Torticollis) and go in there prepared with this knowledge and lots of questions. The breathing exercises other people mention DO NOT work but I GUARANTEE that the meds.(described above) and botox treatments will.
My neurologist is great but I live in Florida. If you live in Florida I will be glad to give you his name - the meds. he gave me and the botox treatments have given me a new lease on life.  Until I was treated by him my head tremored were so bad that I looked like that little bobbing head dog in the back window of cars, although my tremors caused my head to move uncontollably back and forth, not up and down.

Please let me know if this is of any help - although I KNOW it will be :)
I have also found that Klonopin works... However, in the country where I reside, doctors are extremely cautious about this drug because there are strict laws governing the prescription of benzos..... My psychatrist whom I got this drug from is worried about continual prescription of this drug.... So unless I can find a continuous supply, I can't take Klonopin even if I know it helps...

So I am unsure of what I can do... Should I consult a neurologist and hope that he prescribes this drug or what can I do?. I have thought of going over to neighbouring countries for this drug.... I know it helps......

What can I do??

I would definitely see a neurologist. Here in Floida they are the only ones that can perscribe Klonopin and if you can't get one to perscribe Klonopin ask for Mysoline (aka Primidone).  In the U.S. all neurologist administer Botox injections and they are VERY helpful.  My tremors are so bad I take Mysoline and Klonopin (3X a day) and Botox Injections (every 3 months).
Did you order the brochures from the website I put in my last message.  They are VERY helpful and will also put you mind at ease that there are cure options - including surgery. But a neurologist is who you HAVE to see for sure-no other type of doctor......especially a psychatrist. They are very limited in most countries as to what they can perscribe. I can't believe he hasn't referred to a neurologist yet since he obviously knows your problem is neurolical - he proves that by perscribing Klonopin.  I think he just doesn't want to loose the money he's getting by keeping you on as a treatment. Remember doctors ARE a business and they are not in business to loose money or clients.
PLEASE promise me that you will see a neurologist SOON no matter where you have to go. Right now your spinning your wheels and will never get anywhere with a psycatrist.

If you do respond to me and I don't answer it's becaue I'm going in for major spinal surgery in 4 days so I won't be on the computer. I just don't want you to think I'm ignoring you.
Take care and see a neurologist for the 2 drugs and possible Botox treaments SOON - it will be a new lease on life for you.....I know it was for me.
If you come to the U.S. I can give you my doctor's (neurologist) name - he is GREAT !!  He's also young and keeps up on all the new procedures.

Be sure to order those free brochures too.

Keep me posted on your progress, ok?  
The shaking gets very bad sometimes.. Find it hard to even steady myself... When I am in a stable position like sitting down or lying down, it seems better... My brain muscles seem like they are clenching together.... I feel like something is stiffening up inside my head....

Something seems to be moving in my head... Like a ball bouncing up and down, as if the nerves were tightening up on me...

I will await your return,,, Please take care of yourself.... Get well soon.... My prayers are with you.....
You explain my symptons perfectly to a tee.  PLEASE especially order the free brochures on Dystonia &etc. that I suggested and get with a neurologist as soon as possible - it will give you a new lease on life.  Ask him about Klonopin and Mysoline combination and especially the Botox injections.  I'm like a normal person again because of these things.  You can;t live with this forever you'll go crazy, I know - I was on the verge of insanity and was extremely embarrassed. .
See a reputable neurologist ASAP...Please. Trust me, you'll thank me for it. Tell him what I'm on and he'll take it from there.  I think I described my dosages in a previous message.  If all that doesn't work there is a surgical procedure that works real well. In fact they had a whole segment on it on TV the other day.

Well our 'unexpected' company should be here in a few minutes.  I will check back later but after Wed. I won't be on the computer for awhile due to my back surgery on Wednesday.  

I hope you have a Great New Year............you will as soon as you get 'proper' treatment. and you can be around people and in public without that tense muscle feeling and embarrassing shaking - I know how horrible it is :)

Hang in there my friend :)
Sometimes I look in the mirror when my head is shaking terribly but I can't see my head shaking.... The shaking is inside my head.... Nobody can see me shaking...... My friend occasionally sees me having problems carrying plates but can't really see what I feel in my head....

Sometimes I really do feel normal but when the shaking becomes bad, Klonopin does really seem to help...

10 years ago I started having this problem... 2 years later it went away for a long period of time... I do hope it goes away soon..... Sometimes I feel like a absolute failure...

How is dystonia actually diagnosed?? What tests are run to confirm the diagnosis??

I know exactly what  you're talking about with the tremors, carrying plates and everyone noticed when I tried to write - I was shakey (shaky) and it looked (still does sometimes) like a 100 yr. old woman wrote it.  Our kids even commented on my handwriting on our Xmas cards...that was embarrassing :(  

As for test - my neuologist did no test at all - he recognized it right off. It's one of those obvious diagnoses to neuologist.

Did you order those brochures?  It will explain everything.
Did you make an appointment with a neuologist yet? Please do, you will not regret it.

With Klonopin AND Mysoline AND the Botox injections I longer find myself trying to keep my next steady or trying to stop the muscles from feeling incredibly tense.  

My tremors were progressively getting worse then I had fusion done in 2 disc in my neck and then my tremors went off the scale.  My neurosurgeon got me in with a neurologist that day and we started with Pimidone gradually but no help then when he added the Klonopin I was good but not perfect. Then he started the Botox injections and I'm 100%.
It's actually a very common problem - google Dystonia and Torticollis and it will explain exactly what you're going through and be sure to order those brochures - they're free and VERY infomative.

You gotta see a neurologist SOON or it's going to get progressively worse.
How old are you?  I'm 56 and have been undergoing treatment for 4 years now.
I'm so glad I got with the neurologist otherwise I would have gone crazy by now.  

BTW, starting Wednesday I won't be on the computer for awhile -I'm having major lower back surgery. :(

Talk to you later........
This problem first started in June 2000.... Around 2 years later in 2002, the problem started to go away and I seemed to cope ok although at times I do experience discomfort...... In the later part of 2007, the problem started to come back and I felt tremendous pain/shaking in my head.... And I couldn't really cope with my work so I quit....

How did you cope with the problem before you managed to find the present doctor?

Most of the time, due to the shaking, I have this dazy feeling, as if I was not aware of the surroundings..My mind seems to struggle to focus, and I feel a little lost in space..

So many times I feel like giving up.... But I hang on.... Until now.....
I guess I was lucky - I coped with the tremors & pain which weren't too bad until after my neck surgery then it got uncontrolable. My surgeon got me with a neurologist right away and he started the Klonopin and Mysoline treatment so by the time I recovered from surgery I was able to go back to work.  I tremored but nothing like after the surgery. I still tremor at times if I don't take my pills on time.  

Don't give up..........go to a Neurologist and order the brochures ASAP before it gets any worse - which it probably will.

Hang in there...............
I am considering going to a neurologist but I have certain concerns about doing so..... I think I am finished.. My family doesn't know my problems and they think I am lazy for not working... Nobody understands my pain.... I feel so dumb and helpless...

I hope you have a speedy recovery after surgery..... Hope to hear from you very soon...
I'm in a lot of pain but the surgery went well. I definitely won't be on the computer much as trying to  use my laptop with it on my stomach while laying on the couch really hurts.  

There really isn't anything else I can tell  you anyway. If you don't see a neurologist you're just going to get worse and your lack of family support will get worse.  Writing to me won't help - only a neurologist can help you now.

Good luck and contact me AFTER you see a neurologist and let me know what he said and how you're doing on his treatment..  

You need to do the pranayam I suggested on June 23rd, 2009.
That is the way to help  and heal yourself and it will be very satisfying for yourself and others watching you.Then in turn you can help others.  
My head feels like it is cramping/clenching/freezing/shaking/shivering inside.... I have completely no focus... My entire concentration is gone.... I feel unstable when walking and sometimes feel like fainting..... I think I am going to die soon... My gf is very concerned but I am not sure what to do....

I don't have faith in doctors and I am now at wits end... I want to seek treatment in a nearby country(Malaysia) but I don't know how to go around doing it...

My head is exeting force on me from the inside... I might faint one day...
Do you think a GP will be able to prescribe me Klonopin and mysoline for long periods of time... I know of one GP introduced by my friend in a neighbouring country... I am thinking of going there.....
Just want to check with you whether you feel a sort of force inside your head as I do... As if there were something pulling you inside your head, leading to instability walking sometimes due to the shaking inside your head.. Something like a small ball bouncing... Like a sort of stifening inside the head that seems to squeeze your brain... Or something like a clenching force that disrupts focus....

Alee, I have the same problem. I hve always been a bit insecure or uncomfortable in public.  
The head tremors started after an extremely stressful situation with a roomate.  There are instances when I have a quick jolt or vibration in the head. And I feel like everyone notices.  The only thing I can do is drink a few glasses of alchohol to calm my nerves before an event happens that might make me nervous.  I have to make a 7 minute speech in front of my militty class and I don't know what I'm gonna do.  I feel the same cloudiness over my brain that never seems to go away.  It's like non stop anxiety.  Have u found the yoga helpful? - Kris 32 yr old female
Alee, I feel as though my heartbeat sends vibrations all the way to my brain.  Like pulsating.  Other times there's a cloudiness in my head that doesn't go away.  Are your symptoms similar?
Ya, I actually feel my heart beat inside my head... Its a kind of shaking that is constant... I have no other symptoms... This shaking alone consumes me... I have to fight constantly to focus on the smallest task.... The shaking causes me to feel unsteady....

I can't work so I think you are more fortunate than me... I really feel like slicing my head open to see what exactly is wrong....

I feel that my brain is not supported properly or something...Sometimes I feel giddy, other times I have an unbearable headache.. I am trying 6-8 painkillers a day to see if it can make the shaking subside a little...

Kris & Alee,
I'll repeat the list of things people have put in this thread as possible causes of you all's health issues.  I posted these over in Alee's most recent thread.  PLEZ visit a neurologist (and you may not need a scan), and take the list, and see can you guys get some help.

Tourettes Syndrome
TMJ
Spasmodic Torticollis (www.spasmodictorticollis.org, www.torticollis.org)
Hypoglycemia
Vitamin deficiency
Cervical dystonia
Dystonia and Torticollis (www.dystonia-foundation.org)

Hope this helps your docs narrow down what might be wrong with this irritating issue you guys share, plus there were two people in this thread that also compared themselves with you two (nealmed and warden63) and made a couple of the above suggestions as to diagnosis, and also a couple docs replied in this thread about your conditions, too.  Best wishes and let us know when you get a neuro appointment.
GG
http://www.nativeremedies.com/ailment/treatments-for-body-muscle-tremors.html

I am going to try an all natural remedy that I found through the link.  
I will let u know how they work
even i had these head tremors from the past few months...but now they are almost gone ....
this really helped me..
4drops of the following in 1/4th cup of water
1. (hypericum perforatum 1000)  (empty stomach 6AM)
2. (spigelia 1000) (30 -45mins- after lunch)
3. (arnica montana 1000) (30-45 mins after dinner )

and you also put on heat belt around yr neck for 10 -15 mins....
i hope that this would be helpful...regards
this really helped me..

Where do you get the medicine listed???
my uncle is a doc....
Just an update on my condition... I am currently taking 0.5mg clonazepam, as well as nootrophil and neurontin......

Hope that this combination may work fine.... Shaking is still unbearable at times but I try to cope....

Hello Alee
I too have a shaking and seems to be more in the third eye area and feels like it is my vision. I am photosensative and my eyes hurt and feel funny when it happens but happens in the middle of the night and upon waking only. It started as a small movement upon waking but before that I had pain in my right eye that was horrible. Went to all the specialists and had CT scan and MRI of brain nothing found. My neck is bad now so I wonder about pinched nerve. However I have high levels of mercury which test results confirmed from a chelation challenge test. Test results came back from states as I live in Canada. Mercury binds to nerves but also effects eyes so not sure about your situation. Look up th Marshall Protocol ...many people that have lime disease or a pathogen have had great results. Ask Dr about parasites and how to test for them in brain. Resonant light machine first used on animals to kill parasites is now being used on humans. I know how you feel mine comes and goes and is more in the forehead and eye area. Let me know what results you may have that are working for you. I hope this will soon be resolved for you. I am starting chelation for mercury removal soon and i am getting the rest of my amalgam filling removed safely by an oral surgeon who is trained in safe mercury removal. All my best to you.
your not the only one with these problems ive been having a head shaking problem for a long time now my head would shake up and down and left to right its starting to get annoying i feel embaressed at work. Im not really depressed or stressed out about anything, ive had MRI's and CT scans and they could never figure anything out....so i started doing research and cant find much..any advice?
You need to do the pranayam (breathing techniques)I suggested on June 23rd, 2009.
That is the way to build up your immune system and energize the cells with extra oxygen.  This is something you do yourself and feel good by doing the pranayam. In turn you can help others.  When the extra oxygen goes into the brain, you will notice the difference.Start the pranayam today and come back to report your progress.
hi
its me.
my name is shahid.
i have a problem of head shivring from 8 years. i can not do any job or any work due to my head shivring.
i am 26 years old.
some one help me to destroy this problem?
Have you ever had neck problems / tension / trapped nerves? I've suffered a similar thing and also had clear ct scans and neurological examinations which determine nothing. I had always had neck and shoulder pain as a professional cellist but become used to it, I've been seeing a physio to sort out trapped nerves in my right shoulder and neck and the shaking of the head seems to have gotten better as well? I've done research and been told by several osteopaths and massage therapists that poor cervical circulation and nerve supply can cause all sorts of problems, tremor included. Do some reading on  SCM syndrome as well. Do you ever have any dizziness?
I noticed my head shaking about 1 year ago (I am 42).
I went to see a chiropractor who told me I had 'forward neck posture'. He told me that if your head is forward, the weight of the head is putting incredible strain on the spine, resulting in the shaking of the head.
Since then I have been doing exercises for a few minutes every day to try and correct my posture, and the head shake has almost gone.
It is still there on a much lesser scale, but as the chiropractor tells me it will not go away overnight completely, as the spine, and nerves takes time to heal.
Try and correct your posture, and see what happens. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube etc that help with forward neck, and other posture problems.
Shaking/Tremors in my head:- it started before 1 yr and its just for some days. and recently my head is shaking in a regular interview from the last 1 week. i dont get any idea why its happens. i take bath, drink something, done some neck exercises, washed my face etc... but still its happening ... vocationally i drinks, smokes and use some pan masalas....pls let me know why its happening..
I have your same condition 100% but I am in afghan before hand I went to Iraq  so I can't relax. It's been going along for 2 years. Nothing from the CT SCAN either
I took Prozac for three years and developed a head tremor. I had no clue what it was from and after pushing my doctor I was able to see a nurologist that told me  told me it might  be a permanent condition caused from prozac but to still take prozac? She must be nuts! I stoped immediately. In time the head tremor is better but still showes up sometimes when Im tired or stressed. Its been two years sence I stoped taking it.  If I had known I never would of taken it. I was using it for stress, told my doctor I was depressed to get it. I guess thats what I get for lying.
im also suffering from that but not as severe. before i had the shaking from neck / head, i had vertigo. vertigo means theres some "rocks" in one of my inner that has been moved from one side to another.. also the symptoms of vertigo is nauseas, dizzyness, etc.. i couldnt focus at work at all.. i felt a spinning sensation.. so i went to my doctors and they said i have to do this maneuver called epley maneuver where it moves the rocks back to where it came from. so i did this at home, for the first time.. and i think i did it wrong.. ever since then my head has been shaking uncontrollably.. but when i rest, its ok..my neck feels tense and my neck hurts alot because i think its trying to balance my head from moving back and forth.. your not alone.. im scared i might have done some more damage to it.. so u can ask a doctor about vertigo or inner ear problem.. i hope this helps and good luck to u.. i have an up coming appt with a specialist so hopefully they fix this because i dont want to live with this for the rest of my life..
I know this is an old post but I have been having this problem too for a few months now and after many a few MRI's, CAT Scans, and other tests my neurologist came to the conclusions that it's just my muscles tensing up which are pressing down on ear and eye nerves.

He suggested I take 500mg of Magnesium which has helped very much! I don't feel much of the shaking as often anymore. I am not completely healed but it has helped extremely because there were times I would feel extremely off balance. Hope this helps. I will soon be trying biomagnetic therapy. I will keep you posted as to how that works!
I am 15 and everything you say is what I'm feeling. My sister noticed it a couple years ago and I'm scared it's something really bad. Every once in awhile I get really bad migraines and I start to feel sick and sometimes I throw up. It gets really bad when I'm nervous or scared but even when I'm not it still happens. My head also will twitch every now and then. But most the time I don't feel it but my parents point it out to me and I really want to know what it is. I'm always trying to move my head so people don't notice and won't think I'm crazy. I really need help.
My neck shaking has come on over the last 3 years but only during a stressful situations. A month ago I was drinking coffee all day and had a stressful interview which created my first ever panic attack. I literally had to stand up and walk around in the middle of an interview ... It was embarrassing. I started zoloft and xanax and cognitive behavioral therapy. It seems to be suppressing it so far but i know i am not healed.
About 10 yrs ago i was diagnosed with a bulged disc in my c4-c5 near my neck. When stress occurs, this is the point my shaking seems to originate.
So I am tending to agree with an earlier post that my shaking is probably due to a pinched nerve. The stress signals are not reaching my brain and causes confusion and lack os focus.
I am so sorry u r going thru this. I found u while looking up sever headaches when waking up. I have asked my doctor about how early can one find parkinson deaseas. But because it was my first time I brought it up and wasn't in to see her for it she says why all of a sudden am I concerned about this. It's not all of a sudden. I have noticed that I shake sometimes. And ppl have been pointing it out to me the last few years. I really didn't think much of it at first till other ppl I don't even know pointing it out. I am kind of scared to go back to the doctor and bring it up again cuz it seems I'm always there for something. But turly my friend make an appointment again and tell then u r concerned. I wil do the same. I just hate going in and them finding nothing then I look like a hypochondriac. But I guess that's what comes with getting older. I am 48years old and I have been feeling this for several years now. Now I have sever headaches like someone taking a hammer to my head. Keep me posted if u like. My email is ***@****.
You may follow the techniques in my post june 23 ,2009 on this thread.