Aa
A
A
Close
Shaking/Tremors in my head for many years
Hi to all, I am a 30 year old male and I have been having this problem for many years now. I have some sort of shaking/vibration in my head and I am not sure where exactly it comes from. It severely affects my concentration and I have been unable to hold down a job. Sometimes it results in a crippling headache, other times I feel nauseous. I have tried to do some face exercises like clenching my jaw tightly and shaking my head but it wouldn't relieve the shaking.

Due to the shaking/vibration i my head, I find it very hard to focus and do even some simple tasks. I ever had a CT scan done many years ago but it showed nothing. Basically I just feel like I will just have to live with this all my life. The problem becomes more servere when I am subject to stress. I am really at a lost as to how I can find a way to allievate this incessant shaking in my head. I can't concentrate on doing something for any long period of time. I also have a history of depression/OCD but I don't think it is the cause of this shaking. I almost feel like there is something shaking/shivering in my head and I am sure its not psychological. Many people tell me it is but after suffering for 10 years, I am sure its not. I am a very light smoker and these few days when I try to stop smoking completely, the shaking comes back.

I sometimes feel so alone, and I know not many people understand what I am going through because I look normal on the outside. I also have problems doing some simple tasks at times like having enough focus to hold up a bowl of hot soup and place it properly on the table... It feels like there is this cloud over my brain that disturbs my focus...

The shaking/tremors stops when I sleep, lie down, or rest my head on something... I am not sure why this is so and I hope it may present a clue on my condition.... When my head rests against something, I seem fine and my brain seems to work....

Please share any ideas or suggestions that you may have. Take care.
Cancel
113 Answers
Page 6 of 6
I think anxiety can manifest itself through physical symptoms. The only way to know for sure is if you run through some tests to rule out physical illnesses. If it's the only thing that's working for you, I don't see why a doctor wouldn't continuously prescribe it to you at low doses and under his/her supervision. Unless he/she has any better ideas...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
The psychiatrist would only prescribe 0.5mg and 28 tablets at a time..... The doctors here are very cautious when prescribing benzos......Klonopin is very cheap.... SSRIs are very expensive.,... I can't afford them..... So I must stay on Klonopin..... I am going to see the psychiatrist on friday again......
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Keep us posted with your progress.  Did your psych appt go well?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you for your concern....The psychatrist told me he is comfortable with prescribing 0.5mg for 28 days at a time..... I will just continue to take this medicine and see if my condition improves,,,,, I do feel better, but I still have massive headaches and brain tremors at times.....

I do still feel like taking an MRI, this has been on my mind for many years......  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Is everything going okay?   Is your condition improving on the med?

Try to find out how much an MRI costs to see if you can afford it; it might put your mind at ease.

Keep us posted
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks a lot for your concern..I have been feeling better taking Klonopin.... I try to take as and when the shaking gets bad.. The psychatrist said he would prescribe 0.5 mg 28 tablets at a time. So I do have to go back regularly to get the medicine... The consultation is not too expensive thankfully as I have known the doctor for many years.... I hope that my condition will improve further.... Thank you a lot for your kindness and advice...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
What can I do to stop this shaking.... My mind is totally not functioning.... I do feel better when I am not moving around... Maybe its really a movement disorder.... I am jobless, have totally no hope in life..... What can I do?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
180749 tn?1443598832
My Yog pranayam posted on June 23, 2009 will help you very much.You have to do it everyday and will be your long term solution.Keep doing the pranayam patiently, do not give up.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have had the  EXACT same problem for probably 20 yrs. now. It started out with small tremors then got prgressivly worse.  Yes, laying down, resting your head on something or even holding my chin to steady my head helps. The things that made it worse was when I was stressed or nervous - CAFFEINE brings it on too, where drinking alcohol will help subside the tremors, but you don't want to become an alcololic (lol).  I was lucky enought to find a neurolgist that recognized my symptons immediately and diagnoised me as having DYSTONIA and TORTICOLLIS.  I also get botox injections every 3 months into my neck muscles which helps a LOT - especially with the headaches (rather intense pain in the muscles on each side of my spine in my neck).  Don't laugh, the original use for botox was for head tremors - the cosmetic uses were found accidently.  Anyway, 3 times a day I take the following meds and it has changed my life - in fact, they gave me my life back.  Here are the meds and dosages I take:  MYSOLINE (aka Primidone) 2 .50mg pills 3 x a day, KLONOPIN 0.5mg 3 x a day.  These 2 pills along with my botox injections have changed my life.  I can now go in public without feeling like a freak and I can hold down a job.

Google DYSTONIA and TORTICOLLIS and I think you will be surprised how the symtoms describe yours EXACTLY.  You can also google 'Familiar Tremor' also called 'Essential Tremor'.  Your symptoms are described in both and the same medication treatment is used for both. I've been through years of this and I would bet my life on the fact that you have what I have, Dystonia & Torticollis.

You can also go to this website for more information about Dystonia and request all the brochures you want for FREE and NO postage or handling fee-just register (free), create a login and password and place your order:
http://www.dystonia-foundation.org/pages/brochures_and_publications/224.php

This is the link to order FREE brochures:
https://dystonia.securesites.net/dystonia/pages/brochures/273.php

Order these brochures (no matter how many you order ALL is FREE):
1. What is Dystonia?
2. Understanding the Use of Botulinum Toxin Injections as a Treatment for Dystonia.
3. Understanding Dystonia Sheet.
4. Cervical Dystonia/Spasmodic Torticollis.
5. Oromandibular Dystonia
(Describes symptoms and treatments for cranial dystonias affecting the jaw and face)

Then call around and find a good neurologist (or ask your neurologist about Dystonia and Torticollis) and go in there prepared with this knowledge and lots of questions. The breathing exercises other people mention DO NOT work but I GUARANTEE that the meds.(described above) and botox treatments will.
My neurologist is great but I live in Florida. If you live in Florida I will be glad to give you his name - the meds. he gave me and the botox treatments have given me a new lease on life.  Until I was treated by him my head tremored were so bad that I looked like that little bobbing head dog in the back window of cars, although my tremors caused my head to move uncontollably back and forth, not up and down.

Please let me know if this is of any help - although I KNOW it will be :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have also found that Klonopin works... However, in the country where I reside, doctors are extremely cautious about this drug because there are strict laws governing the prescription of benzos..... My psychatrist whom I got this drug from is worried about continual prescription of this drug.... So unless I can find a continuous supply, I can't take Klonopin even if I know it helps...

So I am unsure of what I can do... Should I consult a neurologist and hope that he prescribes this drug or what can I do?. I have thought of going over to neighbouring countries for this drug.... I know it helps......

What can I do??

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I would definitely see a neurologist. Here in Floida they are the only ones that can perscribe Klonopin and if you can't get one to perscribe Klonopin ask for Mysoline (aka Primidone).  In the U.S. all neurologist administer Botox injections and they are VERY helpful.  My tremors are so bad I take Mysoline and Klonopin (3X a day) and Botox Injections (every 3 months).
Did you order the brochures from the website I put in my last message.  They are VERY helpful and will also put you mind at ease that there are cure options - including surgery. But a neurologist is who you HAVE to see for sure-no other type of doctor......especially a psychatrist. They are very limited in most countries as to what they can perscribe. I can't believe he hasn't referred to a neurologist yet since he obviously knows your problem is neurolical - he proves that by perscribing Klonopin.  I think he just doesn't want to loose the money he's getting by keeping you on as a treatment. Remember doctors ARE a business and they are not in business to loose money or clients.
PLEASE promise me that you will see a neurologist SOON no matter where you have to go. Right now your spinning your wheels and will never get anywhere with a psycatrist.

If you do respond to me and I don't answer it's becaue I'm going in for major spinal surgery in 4 days so I won't be on the computer. I just don't want you to think I'm ignoring you.
Take care and see a neurologist for the 2 drugs and possible Botox treaments SOON - it will be a new lease on life for you.....I know it was for me.
If you come to the U.S. I can give you my doctor's (neurologist) name - he is GREAT !!  He's also young and keeps up on all the new procedures.

Be sure to order those free brochures too.

Keep me posted on your progress, ok?  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
The shaking gets very bad sometimes.. Find it hard to even steady myself... When I am in a stable position like sitting down or lying down, it seems better... My brain muscles seem like they are clenching together.... I feel like something is stiffening up inside my head....

Something seems to be moving in my head... Like a ball bouncing up and down, as if the nerves were tightening up on me...

I will await your return,,, Please take care of yourself.... Get well soon.... My prayers are with you.....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
You explain my symptons perfectly to a tee.  PLEASE especially order the free brochures on Dystonia &etc. that I suggested and get with a neurologist as soon as possible - it will give you a new lease on life.  Ask him about Klonopin and Mysoline combination and especially the Botox injections.  I'm like a normal person again because of these things.  You can;t live with this forever you'll go crazy, I know - I was on the verge of insanity and was extremely embarrassed. .
See a reputable neurologist ASAP...Please. Trust me, you'll thank me for it. Tell him what I'm on and he'll take it from there.  I think I described my dosages in a previous message.  If all that doesn't work there is a surgical procedure that works real well. In fact they had a whole segment on it on TV the other day.

Well our 'unexpected' company should be here in a few minutes.  I will check back later but after Wed. I won't be on the computer for awhile due to my back surgery on Wednesday.  

I hope you have a Great New Year............you will as soon as you get 'proper' treatment. and you can be around people and in public without that tense muscle feeling and embarrassing shaking - I know how horrible it is :)

Hang in there my friend :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Sometimes I look in the mirror when my head is shaking terribly but I can't see my head shaking.... The shaking is inside my head.... Nobody can see me shaking...... My friend occasionally sees me having problems carrying plates but can't really see what I feel in my head....

Sometimes I really do feel normal but when the shaking becomes bad, Klonopin does really seem to help...

10 years ago I started having this problem... 2 years later it went away for a long period of time... I do hope it goes away soon..... Sometimes I feel like a absolute failure...

How is dystonia actually diagnosed?? What tests are run to confirm the diagnosis??

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I know exactly what  you're talking about with the tremors, carrying plates and everyone noticed when I tried to write - I was shakey and it looked (still does sometimes) like a 100 yr. old woman wrote it.  Our kids even commented on my handwriting on our Xmas cards...that was embarrassing :(  

As for test - my neuologist did no test at all - he recognized it right off. It's one of those obvious diagnoses to neuologist.

Did you order those brochures?  It will explain everything.
Did you make an appointment with a neuologist yet? Please do, you will not regret it.

With Klonopin AND Mysoline AND the Botox injections I longer find myself trying to keep my next steady or trying to stop the muscles from feeling incredibly tense.  

My tremors were progressively getting worse then I had fusion done in 2 disc in my neck and then my tremors went off the scale.  My neurosurgeon got me in with a neurologist that day and we started with Pimidone gradually but no help then when he added the Klonopin I was good but not perfect. Then he started the Botox injections and I'm 100%.
It's actually a very common problem - google Dystonia and Torticollis and it will explain exactly what you're going through and be sure to order those brochures - they're free and VERY infomative.

You gotta see a neurologist SOON or it's going to get progressively worse.
How old are you?  I'm 56 and have been undergoing treatment for 4 years now.
I'm so glad I got with the neurologist otherwise I would have gone crazy by now.  

BTW, starting Wednesday I won't be on the computer for awhile -I'm having major lower back surgery. :(

Talk to you later........
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
This problem first started in June 2000.... Around 2 years later in 2002, the problem started to go away and I seemed to cope ok although at times I do experience discomfort...... In the later part of 2007, the problem started to come back and I felt tremendous pain/shaking in my head.... And I couldn't really cope with my work so I quit....

How did you cope with the problem before you managed to find the present doctor?

Most of the time, due to the shaking, I have this dazy feeling, as if I was not aware of the surroundings..My mind seems to struggle to focus, and I feel a little lost in space..

So many times I feel like giving up.... But I hang on.... Until now.....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I guess I was lucky - I coped with the tremors & pain which weren't too bad until after my neck surgery then it got uncontrolable. My surgeon got me with a neurologist right away and he started the Klonopin and Mysoline treatment so by the time I recovered from surgery I was able to go back to work.  I tremored but nothing like after the surgery. I still tremor at times if I don't take my pills on time.  

Don't give up..........go to a Neurologist and order the brochures ASAP before it gets any worse - which it probably will.

Hang in there...............
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I am considering going to a neurologist but I have certain concerns about doing so..... I think I am finished.. My family doesn't know my problems and they think I am lazy for not working... Nobody understands my pain.... I feel so dumb and helpless...

I hope you have a speedy recovery after surgery..... Hope to hear from you very soon...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I'm in a lot of pain but the surgery went well. I definitely won't be on the computer much as trying to  use my laptop with it on my stomach while laying on the couch really hurts.  

There really isn't anything else I can tell  you anyway. If you don't see a neurologist you're just going to get worse and your lack of family support will get worse.  Writing to me won't help - only a neurologist can help you now.

Good luck and contact me AFTER you see a neurologist and let me know what he said and how you're doing on his treatment..  

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
180749 tn?1443598832
You need to do the pranayam I suggested on June 23rd, 2009.
That is the way to help  and heal yourself and it will be very satisfying for yourself and others watching you.Then in turn you can help others.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My head feels like it is cramping/clenching/freezing/shaking/shivering inside.... I have completely no focus... My entire concentration is gone.... I feel unstable when walking and sometimes feel like fainting..... I think I am going to die soon... My gf is very concerned but I am not sure what to do....

I don't have faith in doctors and I am now at wits end... I want to seek treatment in a nearby country(Malaysia) but I don't know how to go around doing it...

My head is exeting force on me from the inside... I might faint one day...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Do you think a GP will be able to prescribe me Klonopin and mysoline for long periods of time... I know of one GP introduced by my friend in a neighbouring country... I am thinking of going there.....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Just want to check with you whether you feel a sort of force inside your head as I do... As if there were something pulling you inside your head, leading to instability walking sometimes due to the shaking inside your head.. Something like a small ball bouncing... Like a sort of stifening inside the head that seems to squeeze your brain... Or something like a clenching force that disrupts focus....

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Alee, I have the same problem. I hve always been a bit insecure or uncomfortable in public.  
The head tremors started after an extremely stressful situation with a roomate.  There are instances when I have a quick jolt or vibration in the head. And I feel like everyone notices.  The only thing I can do is drink a few glasses of alchohol to calm my nerves before an event happens that might make me nervous.  I have to make a 7 minute speech in front of my militty class and I don't know what I'm gonna do.  I feel the same cloudiness over my brain that never seems to go away.  It's like non stop anxiety.  Have u found the yoga helpful? - Kris 32 yr old female
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Alee, I feel as though my heartbeat sends vibrations all the way to my brain.  Like pulsating.  Other times there's a cloudiness in my head that doesn't go away.  Are your symptoms similar?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Alee, I feel as though my heartbeat sends vibrations all the way to my brain.  Like pulsating.  Other times there's a cloudiness in my head that doesn't go away.  Are your symptoms similar?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Ya, I actually feel my heart beat inside my head... Its a kind of shaking that is constant... I have no other symptoms... This shaking alone consumes me... I have to fight constantly to focus on the smallest task.... The shaking causes me to feel unsteady....

I can't work so I think you are more fortunate than me... I really feel like slicing my head open to see what exactly is wrong....

I feel that my brain is not supported properly or something...Sometimes I feel giddy, other times I have an unbearable headache.. I am trying 6-8 painkillers a day to see if it can make the shaking subside a little...

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Kris & Alee,
I'll repeat the list of things people have put in this thread as possible causes of you all's health issues.  I posted these over in Alee's most recent thread.  PLEZ visit a neurologist (and you may not need a scan), and take the list, and see can you guys get some help.

Tourettes Syndrome
TMJ
Spasmodic Torticollis (www.spasmodictorticollis.org, www.torticollis.org)
Hypoglycemia
Vitamin deficiency
Cervical dystonia
Dystonia and Torticollis (www.dystonia-foundation.org)

Hope this helps your docs narrow down what might be wrong with this irritating issue you guys share, plus there were two people in this thread that also compared themselves with you two (nealmed and warden63) and made a couple of the above suggestions as to diagnosis, and also a couple docs replied in this thread about your conditions, too.  Best wishes and let us know when you get a neuro appointment.
GG
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
http://www.nativeremedies.com/ailment/treatments-for-body-muscle-tremors.html

I am going to try an all natural remedy that I found through the link.  
I will let u know how they work
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
even i had these head tremors from the past few months...but now they are almost gone ....
this really helped me..
4drops of the following in 1/4th cup of water
1. (hypericum perforatum 1000)  (empty stomach 6AM)
2. (spigelia 1000) (30 -45mins- after lunch)
3. (arnica montana 1000) (30-45 mins after dinner )

and you also put on heat belt around yr neck for 10 -15 mins....
i hope that this would be helpful...regards
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
even i had these head tremors from the past few months...but now they are almost gone ....
this really helped me..
4drops of the following in 1/4th cup of water
1. (hypericum perforatum 1000)  (empty stomach 6AM)
2. (spigelia 1000) (30 -45mins- after lunch)
3. (arnica montana 1000) (30-45 mins after dinner )

and you also put on heat belt around yr neck for 10 -15 mins....
i hope that this would be helpful...regards
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Where do you get the medicine listed???
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
my uncle is a doc....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Just an update on my condition... I am currently taking 0.5mg clonazepam, as well as nootrophil and neurontin......

Hope that this combination may work fine.... Shaking is still unbearable at times but I try to cope....

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hello Alee
I too have a shaking and seems to be more in the third eye area and feels like it is my vision. I am photosensative and my eyes hurt and feel funny when it happens but happens in the middle of the night and upon waking only. It started as a small movement upon waking but before that I had pain in my right eye that was horrible. Went to all the specialists and had CT scan and MRI of brain nothing found. My neck is bad now so I wonder about pinched nerve. However I have high levels of mercury which test results confirmed from a chelation challenge test. Test results came back from states as I live in Canada. Mercury binds to nerves but also effects eyes so not sure about your situation. Look up th Marshall Protocol ...many people that have lime disease or a pathogen have had great results. Ask Dr about parasites and how to test for them in brain. Resonant light machine first used on animals to kill parasites is now being used on humans. I know how you feel mine comes and goes and is more in the forehead and eye area. Let me know what results you may have that are working for you. I hope this will soon be resolved for you. I am starting chelation for mercury removal soon and i am getting the rest of my amalgam filling removed safely by an oral surgeon who is trained in safe mercury removal. All my best to you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
your not the only one with these problems ive been having a head shaking problem for a long time now my head would shake up and down and left to right its starting to get annoying i feel embaressed at work. Im not really depressed or stressed out about anything, ive had MRI's and CT scans and they could never figure anything out....so i started doing research and cant find much..any advice?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
180749 tn?1443598832
You need to do the pranayam (breathing techniques)I suggested on June 23rd, 2009.
That is the way to build up your immune system and energize the cells with extra oxygen.  This is something you do yourself and feel good by doing the pranayam. In turn you can help others.  When the extra oxygen goes into the brain, you will notice the difference.Start the pranayam today and come back to report your progress.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
I have the same happening.  Mine just started.  My yoga classes just finished and the next week is when this happened.  I am going to try your suggestion. Thank You.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
hi
its me.
my name is shahid.
i have a problem of head shivring from 8 years. i can not do any job or any work due to my head shivring.
i am 26 years old.
some one help me to destroy this problem?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Have you ever had neck problems / tension / trapped nerves? I've suffered a similar thing and also had clear ct scans and neurological examinations which determine nothing. I had always had neck and shoulder pain as a professional cellist but become used to it, I've been seeing a physio to sort out trapped nerves in my right shoulder and neck and the shaking of the head seems to have gotten better as well? I've done research and been told by several osteopaths and massage therapists that poor cervical circulation and nerve supply can cause all sorts of problems, tremor included. Do some reading on  SCM syndrome as well. Do you ever have any dizziness?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I noticed my head shaking about 1 year ago (I am 42).
I went to see a chiropractor who told me I had 'forward neck posture'. He told me that if your head is forward, the weight of the head is putting incredible strain on the spine, resulting in the shaking of the head.
Since then I have been doing exercises for a few minutes every day to try and correct my posture, and the head shake has almost gone.
It is still there on a much lesser scale, but as the chiropractor tells me it will not go away overnight completely, as the spine, and nerves takes time to heal.
Try and correct your posture, and see what happens. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube etc that help with forward neck, and other posture problems.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Shaking/Tremors in my head:- it started before 1 yr and its just for some days. and recently my head is shaking in a regular interview from the last 1 week. i dont get any idea why its happens. i take bath, drink something, done some neck exercises, washed my face etc... but still its happening ... vocationally i drinks, smokes and use some pan masalas....pls let me know why its happening..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have your same condition 100% but I am in afghan before hand I went to Iraq  so I can't relax. It's been going along for 2 years. Nothing from the CT SCAN either
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I took Prozac for three years and developed a head tremor. I had no clue what it was from and after pushing my doctor I was able to see a nurologist that told me  told me it might  be a permanent condition caused from prozac but to still take prozac? She must be nuts! I stoped immediately. In time the head tremor is better but still showes up sometimes when Im tired or stressed. Its been two years sence I stoped taking it.  If I had known I never would of taken it. I was using it for stress, told my doctor I was depressed to get it. I guess thats what I get for lying.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
im also suffering from that but not as severe. before i had the shaking from neck / head, i had vertigo. vertigo means theres some "rocks" in one of my inner that has been moved from one side to another.. also the symptoms of vertigo is nauseas, dizzyness, etc.. i couldnt focus at work at all.. i felt a spinning sensation.. so i went to my doctors and they said i have to do this maneuver called epley maneuver where it moves the rocks back to where it came from. so i did this at home, for the first time.. and i think i did it wrong.. ever since then my head has been shaking uncontrollably.. but when i rest, its ok..my neck feels tense and my neck hurts alot because i think its trying to balance my head from moving back and forth.. your not alone.. im scared i might have done some more damage to it.. so u can ask a doctor about vertigo or inner ear problem.. i hope this helps and good luck to u.. i have an up coming appt with a specialist so hopefully they fix this because i dont want to live with this for the rest of my life..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hello,
I know this is an old post but I have been having this problem too for a few months now and after many a few MRI's, CAT Scans, and other tests my neurologist came to the conclusions that it's just my muscles tensing up which are pressing down on ear and eye nerves.

He suggested I take 500mg of Magnesium which has helped very much! I don't feel much of the shaking as often anymore. I am not completely healed but it has helped extremely because there were times I would feel extremely off balance. Hope this helps. I will soon be trying biomagnetic therapy. I will keep you posted as to how that works!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I am 15 and everything you say is what I'm feeling. My sister noticed it a couple years ago and I'm scared it's something really bad. Every once in awhile I get really bad migraines and I start to feel sick and sometimes I throw up. It gets really bad when I'm nervous or scared but even when I'm not it still happens. My head also will twitch every now and then. But most the time I don't feel it but my parents point it out to me and I really want to know what it is. I'm always trying to move my head so people don't notice and won't think I'm crazy. I really need help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My neck shaking has come on over the last 3 years but only during a stressful situations. A month ago I was drinking coffee all day and had a stressful interview which created my first ever panic attack. I literally had to stand up and walk around in the middle of an interview ... It was embarrassing. I started zoloft and xanax and cognitive behavioral therapy. It seems to be suppressing it so far but i know i am not healed.
About 10 yrs ago i was diagnosed with a bulged disc in my c4-c5 near my neck. When stress occurs, this is the point my shaking seems to originate.
So I am tending to agree with an earlier post that my shaking is probably due to a pinched nerve. The stress signals are not reaching my brain and causes confusion and lack os focus.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I am so sorry u r going thru this. I found u while looking up sever headaches when waking up. I have asked my doctor about how early can one find parkinson deaseas. But because it was my first time I brought it up and wasn't in to see her for it she says why all of a sudden am I concerned about this. It's not all of a sudden. I have noticed that I shake sometimes. And ppl have been pointing it out to me the last few years. I really didn't think much of it at first till other ppl I don't even know pointing it out. I am kind of scared to go back to the doctor and bring it up again cuz it seems I'm always there for something. But turly my friend make an appointment again and tell then u r concerned. I wil do the same. I just hate going in and them finding nothing then I look like a hypochondriac. But I guess that's what comes with getting older. I am 48years old and I have been feeling this for several years now. Now I have sever headaches like someone taking a hammer to my head. Keep me posted if u like. My email is ***@****.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
180749 tn?1443598832
You may follow the techniques in my post june 23 ,2009 on this thread.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
14172980 tn?1433233768
http://www.dystonia.org.uk/index.php/about-dystonia/symptoms/tremor/tremor-detailed-explanation
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Neurologist in your area?
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
Blank
ON
1756321 tn?1499064984
Blank
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393