Neurology Community
Shaking and seizures

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Shaking and seizures

I was diagnosed with partical seizures. On 12/12/12 I take keppra er 1500 mg well about a yr ago my whole right side was shaking and couldn't drive home then I been noticing my hands won't stop shaking shakes all the time now but worse when I try to get to sleep.. Is it part of the seizures?  Are my seizures getting worse or could it be from the medicine.. It is bothering me so much wondering if any one could help me out.. I got doc apothecary in June or should I try to make a sooner appt.. Thx
My hands won't stop shaking I can't even sleep from the shaking.. Could a full blown seizure happen?  Thanks
Hi there,
I am really sorry to hear about your experiences with epilepsy.  Yes, I think it would be really good if you could get an earlier appt. to help answer your questions.  I'm not a doc, but since this is happening continually, I don't think these experiences are seizures.  I would guess this might be from the med, a side effect.  Have you talked with your doc about changing meds?  Sometimes Keppra can give people "the shakes"  Have you upped the does recently?

Also, out of curiousity, were you diagnosed with simple or complex partial seizures?  Complex partial seizures can develop into larger seizures (generalized seizures) and cause you to go unconscious.

Again, I hope you can see your doctor soon.  Try posting your question on the epilepsy forum.  You will probably have better luck getting your questions answered.

All doc said I have partial seizures I just have smells unpleasant smells consider seizures.
Was on lamicatal er when shaking started on right side of body but had a allergic reaction to it.. Then put on depokote and it didn't help so they put me on keppra but I believe the shaking started b4 I was on keppra just going to have to make sooner appt
Hi there,
I know unpleasant smells (usually really foul odors) are auras (simple partial szs, where you don't go unconscious) coming from your temporal lobe, usually on the left side.  Do you go unconscious sometimes when you have your szs?  (all you remember is the foul smells, and then you are "out")

Hope you get the appt soon
Again, try your questions on the epilepsy forum.  You usually get more feedback there
No I am wide awake when it happens I usually smell it all day but I was asking about the shaking is that part of the seizures??
I will just talk to my doctor tho she is a doctor and none of you aren't I think I did ask a question clearly........
Actually I thought I was in right furom!!!!!!!!!