Shaking muscles help
Hello everyone.  I'm hoping one of you can help me with my problem.

It first started earlier this year when I was walking down the stairs one morning.  I noticed that my legs were really shaky when I was walking down the stairs.  Have you ever exercised your muscles until the point of them shaking?  That is what it's like, but I had just woken up and had not been doing any sort of strenuous activity.  It's a bit unusual for me because I am a fairly active 17-year-old and my leg muscles are not weak.  Oddly, I would only feel it when slowly walking down the stairs and not notice it walking up the stairs.  Also, they only shake when they are in the PROCESS of bending.

Then, I started noticing some shaking in my shoulder area when moving my arms down.  They don't shake if they are being held in a steady position or if I am moving them up.  Another area that I began to notice is the shaking of my lower back as I bend over.  Sometimes my fingers shake as well.  Again, none of my muscles shake when being held in a steady position.  They only shake in the process of moving in certain ways.

At first, I thought that I was just imagining things.  However, one day my family went out to eat and we ordered some chips and dip.  I had to reach across the table to reach the dip, and I moved slowly so as not to spill anything.  As I brought the chip up to my mouth, my brother started laughing because he noticed my arm was shaking.  I was kind of surprised that I wasn't imagining the shaking.

Anyway, at first, I thought that this shaking would only happen in the morning.  I take dance classes in the mornings and usually had a hard time with shaking in the beginning of the class, but later in the day I would be fine.  However, in one of my evening classes the other night, I had a difficult time with the shaking arms and legs.  It's not noticeable to others because I am constantly moving, but it's difficult for me to balance when I shake like this.  I know the shaking is not due to hypoglycemia either, as I had eaten before class.

I would really like to know the cause of this issue.  Like I said before, I've ruled out hypoglycemia.  Also, stress does not seem to be a factor as I have not been stressed lately.  Some days are worse than others, but it makes dancing more difficult so I would like to resolve it.  Other than dance, it's not really a concern.  My little brother is the only one who noticed it that one time.

Could I be dehydrated and not know it?  Any other ideas?

Thanks and I really appreciate it.
I would recommend consulting a Neurologist for a work-up and getting imaging of your spine.  
Thanks for your response.  However, I'd like to try and make some lifestyle changes before seeing a doctor, as this really only bothers me when I dance.  Anything you could suggest that would help rule out some things?  I'm going to try drinking water more often.

And just out of curiosity, why spinal imaging?
Imaging of your spine, i.e. MRI of the spine in your case, I would recommend an MRI of your Cervical Spine as well as your Lumbar spine.  The Neurologist can do more extensive testing if warranted.  

How many hours are you dancing and what kind of dance are you doing?  

Are you carrying any extra weight?  

What "lifestyle" changes are you making?  

You DEFINITELY need to see a physician especially if this has been going on for weeks even if it ISN'T constant.  Please go and get checked.  

What do your parents think; I just noticed you were only 17.  Please discuss this with them as well.
Well, I was a bit hasty about the stress thing not causing it.  I noticed today it definitely affected the shakiness in the morning when I first woke up.

As for the changes, I'm going to try getting more sleep, drinking more water, attempting to not stress out over things, etc.

I dance around ten hours a week in different styles like ballet, jazz, etc.  I have not injured myself or anything though.

Carrying extra weight?  I'm not quite sure what you mean.  I don't have to carry any heavy objects around and I'm not overweight.

I haven't told my parents because I really don't find it to be that big of a deal.  The muscle shaking is only really noticeable to me some times when I'm dancing.  No one else has noticed and it doesn't affect my everyday activities.
Well, it must be somwhat of a concern because you sought recommendations from MH.  

I would recommend consulting your physician about this as this is NOT normal.  I am not certain if this is something serious brewing or not.  Best to check it out though.  No one can diagnose or treat you over the internet.

Definitely doesn't sound like anything to do with dehydration.  

Carrying any extra weight=overweight.  

Haha, yes I did come here, but I was hoping someone had a quick fix.  I was wondering if it sounded like some kind of vitamin deficiency or something I could fix on my own.

I've always been a bit of a hypochondriac though, but thanks for your advice.  I'll definitely let my doctor know at my next check-up if it's still happening.
Hey, how are you going with the shaking thing? have you solved it?
Hi -i have a similar thing and its getting worse gradually. Do you have any more information on what it is? I get a sort of juddering, jerky and not smooth movement when raising my leg, when walking down stairs, and when I stop and try to hold a position like a squat my legs will start shaking as though I have held that position for a long time. Any help in diagnosing would really be appreciated as I am worrying about this a lot, thanks,
I'm having the same problem on my arms and hands. Did you figure out what could be?
Sorry guys, I haven't figured it out.  I was really only concerned because I noticed it quite a bit when doing my sport.  Now that I don't do it anymore I don't notice it as much.
Hello, i realize this is an old post, but i have the same symptoms you had here. I wondered if you ever figured it out?
has anyone figure this out?  Having same problem and seeing neurologists and having multiple tests.
Check for MS..that is what I was diagnosed with in July and I have the same symptoms
I hv the same problems,i do excercise daily ,but makes not different to me.where should i go ? Who is the specialist for this treatment? I am so worried about it, plz sombody guide me
Yeah, I have the same issue, it started about 2 or 3 months ago, I stopped working out to heal my arm and I also stopped eating most meals per day. I was down to 1 meal per day for a while, since then I have started working out and eating 3+ meals again, but I cant get the shakes to go away, I checked my blood sugar and its not that. The type of shaking/jittering I get is like if you sit on a toilet and place your feet on there tippy toes and SLOWLY lower your heal to the ground. That jurkyness is what I experience in my lower back and legs when I just slightly bend over. I also experience it to a smaller degree in my arms when I prop myself up (positions where you brace yourself with 1 arm in from of the mirror while shaving.) I called my DR and im waiting to hear what he has to say
OK GUYS, I COME WITH GREAT NEWS! I figured out what the problem is after months of this shaking going so, i desided to make this post because as you can see  from my previous reply in July (read the post just above this one) I was also looking for answers to my very scarey symptoms and NO ONE ON HERE HAD AN ANSWER FOR ME, JUST GUESSES, so my hope is that this post can help someone and eleaveat this stress of wondering like I did. Once these symptoms start all you do all day for months is stress over what it is. you begin to think "could I have ms? Could I have parkinsons, I'm way to young and healthy for that to make any sence".  I began with symptoms back in April 2015 (the shaking like I had been exercising for hours, or did a massive leg day at they gym). So it took me 5 months to find out what was going on. I finally went to my doctor and told him of all my sympotoms which included being warm/hot all the time when I usually would have been cold, extra sweating, heart felt like I could hear it in my head, my heart would pound super hard sometimes (you know the difference between normal and the way it sometimes pounds now), also in my case I kept losing weight without even trying. My doctor told me he wanted to run a thyroid panel on be (blood work) and when the results came back my thyroid levels were through the roof, i was told I had HYPERTHYROIDISM (not HYPOhyroidism, don't confuse the two), and the diagnosis was from graves disease. This condition sounds WAY worse than it actually is but, luckily it is very easily treated. You have three options, first is to surgically have the thyroid removed (did not want that one lol), second was to get on antithyroid meds which release your symptoms quickly but give other risks, or your third option which is thyroid ablashion  (destruction of the thyroid gland via radioactive iodine) it's a pill you take one time maybe twice. I choose radioactive iodine (it's not dangerous if you are wondering lol, I know I thought it was to lol). Basically I'll I will have to do is take 1 little pill every morning to give me the hormone T4 since I no longer have a thyroid. T4 has a very long half life so it takes months for symptoms to resolve so when the T4 finally degrades in your body and you levels lower back to normal ranges you will feel normal again and be able to do all the things you used to do! I hope this helps. Go get tested by your doctor for hyperthyroidism, you will know the answer in a week! Good luck!
Ps my old name on here was jimtrelly, the previous 2 posts directly above this are mine, sorry for the confushion
Hi guys,

I'm a 29 year old male and I have had the same problems for a few months. The shaky muscles have developed into loss of fine coordination and slight clumsiness now. I have tested everything there is: MRI, EMG, thyroid, sugar, magnesium, CK, etc. and nothing has ever been found. I'm out of ideas now and was wondering if anyone here has found a root cause? (Other than the ones I have mentioned above)
Hello All. Read this thread with great interest. So was wondering if anyone had an answer yet. Exact same symptoms. No pain. Well described by Jimtrelly's post as like when sitting on toilet with legs on tiptoes and one jitters uncontrollablly. These judders happen in arms,and legs mainly, but also back and neck. All only in certain ranges of movements. Balance I find is very difficult - i.e. going downstairs, on uneven ground, putting foot into shoe etc as it's as if there is a small range where I am not in control of what my foot is doing so it suddenly jerks.
Anyone/experts out there who have solved this? If not we must be able to get our heads together  to see if we have anything in common to help detect what it is. .Other than this I'm a fit 48 female, had all the tests - MRI on head, neck and spine; nerve conduction.  All clear. - So you start to think they think you are a fraud !!
Don't drink much water - but never have done; desk job so don't move that much some days. Not overweight. Not stressed - other than this !! Shins always cold. That's all I can think of.
If anyone has got it sorted please do share.........
did you sort it out ? I have similar problems , i was wondering bout posture stuff
my symptoms are also same and i also have same issue of thyroid. my TSH is barly there. but it is also linked to vitamin D3. my D3 level is also in points around .2. hence tried to take D3 but D3 level does not increase. hence shaking in shoulder muscles still persists