Neurology Community
Shaky vision

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Shaky vision

i have been struggling with shaky vision/vision flickering for more than a year. my eyes aren't moving but only vision is shaking with different patterns like screen scrolling, vertical wavy,diagnol wavy and its even worst with pheripheral vision and when staring at perticular thing, i am able to see the vision is dimming and brightening continuously.my vision getting blurred and not able not concentrate on things. recently i have got MRI, MRA and MRV.  Both MRI and MRA shown no abnormal changes but MRV suggests that there is a Superior Sagittal Sinus Anterior 1/3rd of superior sagittal sinus shows abrupt cut off sign from the rest of the venous sinus with intraluminal filling defect. is this affecting my vision?

Thanks for writing.

It is difficult to comment without knowing your complete medical history, treatment history and clinical examination.
Filling defect in the superior sagittal sinus can result in hydrocephalus or benign intracranial hypertension which is also known as pseudotumor cerebri.
Headache, ringing in the ears, double vision, blurring of vision, loss of peripheral vision, sudden vision loss, dimming and blackouts are some of the symptoms. Your symptom could be due to pseudotumor cerebri but can also be due to migraine without infacrtion which is also known as persistent migraine aura.
I would suggest you to consult a neuro-opthalmologist and take all the reports that you have with you.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your valuble information.

i  have constant ringing in the ear. i have been suffering from the chronic sinus from thechildhood. so far i have seen two complete blockouts (loss of vision for a minute) a couple of times when my sinus attacked severely. i frequently get headaches and i have migranes (migraines) also. my pheripheral vision is heavily shaking when compared to the central vision. what could be the reason for my vision problems??
You just described my vision experiences for the past year.  I am also having tingling of the face, feet, legs, and hands and some other things that at first were thgout to point to MS, but three MRI's have come back normal and the only thing the opthomologist said is one of my eyes is dry.
Have you found the cause of your eye symtoms (symptoms)?  This is the first post I've found about what is happening to my vision.
Thanks!
My vision is wavy in the peripheral and it shakes if I look at anything close and move my eyes. This along with neck stiffness were my earliest symptoms. I also experienced a strange sense of euphoria and surrealism for a few years during this period along with insatiable hunger.

My later symptoms were sudden weight gain and paresthesias in my legs that felt like cold wet water running down my legs that lasted for over a year and went away.

My next symptoms were pain between the shoulder blades and an extreme burning pain in the chest that lasted 24/7 for 6 months at a time.

My next symptoms were jaw pain, tinnitus, dizziness, extreme nausea and pain with tinging at base of the skull, Trigeminal neuralgia, tingling / slight numbness or slight burning below the eyes. My eyes felt like they were drooping or a piece of tape was on my face below the eyes.

I was eventually told by a "off the paths doctor" that I had lyme disease after he used an igenX test. I think I had bands 31 and 41 IgM positive, which is not normally a positive test.

I then went to a "lyme disease doctor" who are controversial. He presribed me 4 antibiotics that I was supposed to take for 2 years. A few weeks in I started to get a few pitechia over my body. I also got some red things below my skin, one on each hand. Most importantly I started to feel rain drops, cold wet water all over my body.

I thought the water sensations proved I had lyme disease because I had that years before in my legs. I continued with treatment, but did not improve and at 6 months I got worried that the diagnosis was not correct, or that these doctors were not curing people.

The sensations progressed to burning, stinging and itching all over my body. The sensations would last for a second only and be anywhere. I often feel water in my feet when walking. I decided to stop antibiotics at 6 months.

After I stopped the sensations only got stronger. For four weeks I had partial numbness and constant burning in my feet. I went to johns hopkins and they did a skin biopsy for small fibers, which was negative and discharged me. I was hoping they would keep looking.

The sensations went away after about 2 years I think, or I forgot about them. Then I had an upper respiratory infection and they came back full force. The same has happened twice.

Recently I notice more numbness below the eyes and more tinnitus sounds in my ears. The number of sounds has increased. I hear some morse code sounds, beeping, hissing, ringing. I have about 3 sounds in each ear.

I have no idea what my diagnosis is or cure and life is hard. I'm thinking it could be Lyme disease still, but I'm not sure and am worried of making it worse. Its funny because the same year the neck and vision stuff started early on I saw a bruise that made me think of lyme disease because it looked strange for some reason. I decided it was a bruise though and I didn't go to the doctor. It was not like a pure red thing.