Sharp Stabbing pain above and behind my left ear.
I am a 33year old male. For about two years now i have been having sharp stabbing pains towards the back of my head on the left side. These pains last anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds and are usually followed by a warm sensation. The pain is always in the same spot. I have these pains  only a few times a day and here lately in the last week they are happening more often. I have read several articles  on "Ice pick Headaches" and my head pains are similar to what i read except mine are always in the same spot with no other pain associated with the scalp or skull followed by a warm sensation in that area. Any help would be appreciated.
You probably need to be evaluated by a neurologist or pain specialist. Sharp stabbing pain is indicative of nerve damage or trauma, and in your case it sounds like the left occipital nerve is involved. The trauma may have been due to injury to that arez of your head, but is often caused by entrapment or "pinching" of the nerve in the regiion of the neck where the nerve exits the spinal column. This is often caused by whiplash-type injuries, but sometimes the origin is never determined. Don't be surprised if an MRI or similar imagijng study comes up negative, as the amount of trauma necessary to bring on such pain is usually too small for imaging studies to resolve.

Medications such as Tegretol, Elavil, or Pamelor are usually tried first, but it may take a while before you hit upon a good combination of medication and dosage.

Hang in there!