Sharp burning pain in finger(s) joints
This may be a easy one for you guys...

I'm a 44 yo male in generally good health, could use more exercise. Ever now and then, some days more than others I get a sharp burring sensation in my left pinky, or index finger that comes and goes quickly but is painful enough to make me stop what I am doing and if I am holding something I would either let go or drop it.  

I'm thinking arthritis but am not sure.

Hello Dear,
Please be specific and mention where do you exactly feel the pain?Is there any swelling?The pain could be due to many reasons such as nerve irritation,cervical spondylosis,rheumatoid arthritis and so on.Generally arthritis is associated with stiffness,swelling and pain in other joints.Unless the symptoms become specific the diagnosis cannot be confirmed.If the symptoms worsen you should consult a orthopedic doctor.
Best
The pain seems to be central to the middle knuckle or second join from the end of my left pinky.