Neurology Community
Sharp head, chest, leg pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sharp head, chest, leg pain

I have been having sharp pain that I have always assumed to be nerve related mostly in my head, but also my inner thigh, wrist, chest, upper back near my spine, and sometimes other places throughout my body, for about 5 years, and recently they have gotten worse and more frequent.  After thinking it through a little, the location of the pain being near major arteries and in my head has made me think it may actually be some sort of blood clot or other blood related condition.  I have been to the emergency room for it, and they couldn't help me.  I went to Patient First, and, not surprisingly, they couldn't help me.  I finally went to a doctor recommended by my mother, and he told me "I think it's most likely a type of migraine."  These uncertainties expressed by someone of the medical profession did not exactly ease my mind.  He didn't even see me for more than 10 minutes before he started talking about medications.  Not a solution, just a cover up to what I feel could potentially be a major problem.  It seemed he just wanted to be done with me and send me on my way with a prescription.  This same doctor also told me not to "waste" my money on a trip to the neurologist.  Needless to say, I'm currently looking for a new doctor.  The pain I have in my head is sharp, stabbing, normally lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes, changes sides, and sometimes causes me to feel a little nauseous or disoriented, and once I had almost no vision in my left eye and no peripheral vision in my right, which was during a severe headache (not the usual short, stabbing kind) and lasted around 20 minutes.  I know these pains are not normal.  I'm scared out of my mind that I may have a serious problem.  I plan to go to a neurologist very very soon but I thought I'd try my luck here too.  I'm 22, female, and very active.  It may be helpful to note that for a year (it would have been around 2005-2006), I used cocaine fairly regularly, which I have not touched since, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to find has something to do with this.  Other than these awful pains I feel great, and quite healthy.   Can anyone help me?