Neurology Community
Sharp head pains below/behind left ear when bending over

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Occasionally I get sudden sharp 1second pains just below and behind my left ear when I bend over or bend down.  What could be the cause of this? It's got me pretty worried.  It's been happening for the past couple of months and not every time, about a few days per month and maybe a few times during those days.
Thanks for the help :)
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The symptoms mentioned could be caused by cervical spondylosis. It could also be due to an enlarged lymph node. The pain could also be due to mastoiditis, which is infection of the bone behind the ear. This happens when there is a middle ear infection, which spreads to involve the mastoid bone. So, if your symptoms persist consult your doctor for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.