Neurology Community
Sharp left side of head pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Sharp left side of head pain

I'm a 20 yr old female and I have been experiencing small sharp bursts of pain on the upper left side of my head. I have had very few headaches during my life and all of sudden last week I started to experience this annoying pain on the left side of my head. When the pain comes it only lasts a few seconds but I have to stop what I'm doing because it hurts so bad. My vision goes blurry for just a moment sometimes and other times I can see just fine when the pain occurs. Like I said, I hardly never have headaches so I find this to be super unusual that the pain has been happening off and on for the past week. I can feel the spot where it hurts whenever my left ear pops too. I've tried taking two IB Profen to hopefully prevent feeling the sharp pains but it doesn't really seem to work. Another thing I should add is that I've gone in the past 3 or 4 years to concerts and I usually headbang... do you think these sharp pains are caused by neck trauma from the headbanging?  I haven't headbanged since October of '07 so this may not even be the reason for the head pain. Does anyone have any advice or know what is causing these sharp pains on the upper left side of my head?
sometimes it feel like there a  pack of fireants all over my body the burning and stinging is so bad it makes me think suicide thoughts sometimes but i want go that far