Sharp pain in my right temporal lobe
Hello and thank you for your help!

I am feeling a sudden sharp pain in my temporal lobe everytime I take a shower and place warm water over a specific spot on the right side of my neck, just below the ear and behind the jaw. The sharp pain is always in the right temporal lobe and only lasts a couple of seconds, but it is very sharp and starts abruptly when warm water is in that area.

The pain is not from the actual pressure of the water, since the pain also starts when the warm water runs down from the top of my head to that area on the neck. I also investigated and it's only related to warm water not cold, and only on the right side of my head. However, the same pain also occurs when I press very hard with my finger on the area on the neck, where I think some ganglions are located.

I made an appointment with a neurologist, but it's in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping for a clue as to what's wrong.

Thank you very much!
I forgot to mention, I'm a 21 year old male. Thank you!
Hi, probably this is trigeminal neuralgia. “It is a neuropathic disorder of the trigeminal nerve that causes episodes of intense pain in the eyes, lips, nose, scalp, forehead, and jaw. It is estimated that 1 in 15,000 people suffer from trigeminal neuralgia, although those numbers may be significantly higher due to frequent misdiagnosis. TN usually develops after the age of 40, although there have been cases with patients being as young as three years of age”. Taken from website http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia

Hello, I am a 14 year old female. I used to never have headaches accept every once in a great while. However, for the last three months I have experienced sporadic head pain all over my head. The pain then began to focus on the right side of my head. It is now only on my right temporal lobe and the pain has recently gotten so severe that I can't help but drop to the ground and hold my head in agony. Someone please help. Is scares me to death to feel this way... Help
I forgot to mention. I went to the doctors and prescrbed claritin. It has not helped at all. I also went to the eye doctors and got glasses which aren't helping either. However I would really like to get my head scanned. I am seriously concerned for my health