Sharp pain inner thighs
The pain I experience is usually in my left inner thigh but last week it was in both of my inner thighs.  The pain is a slicing excruciating pain that is horrible.   I have had three children so I know what pain is, but this is horrible pain.  It feels like someone is stabbing me.

It doesn't happen very often and I have experienced this pain for the past several years.   I am 58 years old, I am 5'8" and weigh 165 lbs.  I exercise frequently and am in good health. The only medication I take is celebrex for arthritus, estratest, and synthoid.  

I have been to a back doctor, a neurologist and no one seems to be able to find the cause.  Every time it happens it scares me to death.  There is absolutely no pain or soreness after the pain ceases.  It usually doesn't last over 5 minutes.  But five minutes of horrible pain is enough!

Any ideas?  Any remedies?  Help!  Nelllie
Wow sounds like what I just experienced. Never before had this. Lately I've been getting Charlie horses in my calves when I wake up. Long weekend of extra walking about and eating crap. Spent most of the day relaxing watching tv and was sitting like I always do leaning against the arm of the chair with my legs curled up beside me then I put my left  knee up with my foot on the chair and I got this excruciating sharp pain in my mid left inner thigh just above the half way mark towards the grain area. Thought it was a Charlie horse in a strange spot. Tried to stand but it hurt too much so I sat back down and massaged the area. Kept trying to stand and walk it off thinking getting the circulation going would help but it hurt way too much. Like others it lasted about five minutes and gone. No residual pain. I got up and walked around and sat and shook my leg. Feels fine now but my god that hurt. Scars me. Never heard of such a thing. Have been having hip pain a lot   I'm overweight and like to sleep on my side but those pressure points on my hips hurt too much. End up sleeping on my back. Also get leg numbness if I have to stand still for long periods.  
If we sit a lot and don't do squatting, leg raise up to the chest while standing, legs stretching, swimming, back exercise,etc.... then we would experience some type of muscle atrophy in these areas.  I am speaking from experience because the type of my work, I sit in the car, at the desk, in court setting, and I sit about twelve to sixteen hours a day.  Obviously the life that I lead was very sedentary.  So for as long as we are not in pain, we take lots of things for granted.  Until we experience the pain, then we take things to mask the pain temporarily or until the pain pills do not work anymore.

Like it or not, pain is wonderful because it tells us of where the issue is, and we need to deal with it when we could still feel it before the numbness sets in then would be hard to locate the pain, or if it has affected other areas to cause more complication to diagnose it.  The best thing to do is to massage the area to bring more circulation and less swelling to the area.  Then go swimming to loosen tightness, strengthen the back muscles, and just stretch your body when you are in a weightless condition.  Also, we need to eat well so we don't gain extra weight that would put more strain in our hips and joints.  We need to find things to be more active, and to keep moving, exercising, or stretching every muscles in our body the best we know how.  The goal here is to condition our body as we age and before arthritis sets in.  Drink lots of water and eat lots of various kind of vegetables, beans, fruits, in lieu of drinking sweet water, or eating bread, soda. fattening foods, chips, etc....  We really have to learn to eat, to walk properly, to sit properly because when we are in pain, we have already altered lots of our physical activities to accompany the pain.  For example, when we limp at times, we actually change the way we walk, and if we gain weight for not being active enough, then we might not know how to tuck in the abdominal muscles when we walk, etc....  When I have to learn how to walk properly, I find myself trying all kinds of walk, model walk, chi walk, or just walking to cure limping and it is not easy.  In short, I forgot how to walk normally when I have been limping for so long.  I find myself boogey board surfing in the ocean again after so many years just to be active, and to refresh my energy.  I try to go to the gym everyday to swim, to look at how I walk, to exercise using both feet to feel of what it is like to do normal movements.  It would take time to condition these muscles, to change the way how they morph into an abnormal state, and to feel as normal as possible.  
check out this site

http://www.lower-back-pain-answers.com/iliopsoas.html#axzz3H7abb5VX

I have had the same sort of pain  in my legs too, but only one lag at a time. Wow if it was both at the same time that would BAD BAD. The pain it the most sever I have ever felt.  My occurs when I am laying in bed on my side and then raise my leg. It wakes me up fast; However, if I catch it soon enough  by straighten my leg  I may prevent it from starting. Mine also comes in waved, sever then subsides, the repents. This may go on for 10 to 30 minutes. The next day the area will be a little sore. Mine may occur once in a few months, but that it to often. I have not talked to my doctor about it, because I did not know what to tell him. I just decided to do a search today and found that there are other with the same horrible sever pain.    
I too experienced his excruciating pain in my inner thighs. Pain started in right thigh but last episode started in my right thigh and about one hour later it hit my left thigh.   I popped an ibuprofen, massaged my thigh and cried.  Going to try drinking more water and taking potassium.  Wish me luck!  I will continue to check in here for updates.
Just started about 1 month ago with sudden onset of pain on inside middle of right thigh area.  Feels like I'm being tazered, it's hot painful, and lasts about 10 seconds.  It's debilitating when happening.  When it's over, nothing, goes away as fast as it comes on.  The only new medication I've been given is an injection of Prolia for osteoporosis, 3 months ago.  I have to admit, I am a coffee drinker (3 good size cups a day) which is a dehydrator and probably not enough water.  Also, sitting too much.  But, am very scared and so glad to read that I'm not a lone sufferer.  I am about to call my doctor and I'm sure I'll be put through tests.  If anything shows up, I will report back.  I will ask for B12 vitamin Def. test too.  I pray it isn't serious, as the pain indicates that I feel like I'm dying!!
I am experience same symptoms.  Doc put me on muscle relaxers, which helped for a long time.  Now that I'm on Medicare, I received a letter from them saying they will no longer cover the Rx because of the high risk of the med.  I certainly don't want to take it if it is high risk, so I went off of it.  I am now in excruciating pain.  What type of Rx did they give you?
this is easy...I had it last night. It was from dhydratin low potasium and too much novologue insulin at dinner.

I have had similiar issues with duieretics...always have poatasium and water around to counteract and ease the fear.

it is very scary especiallfor the people around you it is like a charlie horse where the inner thight muscle just locks up in pain
My sistaer experience the same for some years, sudden pain 10/10 and constant pain 3/10, Please if there is anyone who know the solution for this diseases? My Email ***@****
I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH THIS A WHOLE YEAR, INSURANCE PAID OVER 49,000 LAST YEAR STILL DON'T KNOW WHATS WRONG HAVE TO TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND HYDROCODONE TO GET TO SLEEP    HAVE YOU FOUND OUT ANYTHING?? I HAVE TEARS IN MY  EYES CONSTANTLY
Hello all:
I have been having upper left groin pain for about 5 months now. I can't walk very far without excruciating pain. Went to see an orthopedic surgeon when it first started. He took exrays and said I had moderate arthritis, then sent me on my way. Well it has continually gotten worse. I can't stand for more than 5 minutes without having to sit down. Getting in my car is almost unbearable, I actually grab hold of the fabric of my pants to get my left leg in. Then I sit and weep from the pain. It hurts to lie flat on my back, the pain starts in the upper groin area and radiates down my entire leg. Went to see the doc again, took more extrays then an MRI. Couldn't find anything wrong. He told me, "good luck".
I will try electrolytes & vitamin b12 shots. I sure hope something helps, because I can't live like this.
Im so sorry for your suffering as well....the weirdest thing is went I went to google these same exact symptoms, I stumbled, by chance on reading your part 1 and 2 here, and my god....it seemed so strange, that by reading your story, it was like I wrote it! I remain scared and do not know what to do next, or how to get a correct diagnosis...can you please help me with that? I would love to connect with you and compare notes if that would be ok with you, please contact me asap here at my private email> Diana Andriola  ***@**** I will get back to you as soon as I look forward in your kindest reply.....Diana
I just had an "attack" as I call them. I cry and rub my thigh until pain subsides after 10-15 minutes. My husband feels helpless but there isn't anything he can do. Been dealing with this for years now. So far cannot find any doctor who can figure it out. Just started going to chiropractor. Maybe getting spine in alignment might help?  So tired with the pain. Also currently have bronchitis bad so this is just icing on the cake today!!  Oh well, I keep trying to remember there are people dealing with much worse. I will say it does help knowing others have same issue and it's not just me going crazy. Hope everyone feels better soon
Me too don't want anyone to have pain but I'm so glad someone else has what I do my husband is the same way too been to Dr he don't know what it is rather I am now 65 11/2/16 and been having this for years it only happiness at night when I've been asleep for about an hour if u find out anything please let me know
I have been experiencing the same symptoms for several months.  Excruciating pain in groin, inner thigh radiating to my knee and butt.  Getting in and out of car is horrible. I had an MRI and it showed a tear in my labrum.  Been to orthopedist. Doing physical therapy.  So far it's not helping.  Alternative is surgery.  The pain is the worst when I lie down.  If you look up the symptoms for labrum tear it describes the  symptoms that most of you are having.  All I know is that I'm miserable.  I've had kidney stones and this is much worse.
Well,  you all felt what I have.  

55yrs old
185lbs
Male

I read it was due to magnesium and potassium deficiency.   This gets worse as we grow older,  as our tummies are unable to extract enough magnesium from food sources.

So,  where to obtain magnesium (potassium comes in bannanas and tomatoes), answer is:

Water
Fish
Avocado
Dark chocolate
Nuts.

I had not drank enough water the past days,  and my diet was low in magnesium.   So had a bottle of water,  and some avocado.   Pain started to subside within few minutes.

Hope this helps others.
I, too, stumbled on to this. I was worried that it may be a blood clot. I am shocked, yet relieved that there are so many others with this affliction.

With that being said, I just wanted to post something so the next person can know that there are many of us.

StuckInLodi
How did I miss this discussion?  I should have found this years ago, instead of telling my story to "deaf ears". Now I know I am NOT ALONE!!  I am female, 62 yrs, but I have had these "inner thigh charlie-horse "episodes" for a long time.  Especially since a very rough motor-boat ride in 2010.  My back already had some mild degenerative issues, so that boat experience had consequences.  Later that afternoon, my inner LEFT thigh went into a major spasm...like a charlie horse that tightened up the tendon (?) to the point of excruciating pain.  Those "episodes" would come on about once a month ( for no apparent reason) for the next 2 years or so.  I do not get those debilitating spasms anymore--the symptoms changed. Now, its a sudden sharp stabbing "devil pain" that makes me cry out because of the "surprise".  People are startled, until I tell them "Its ok."  Typically the pain lasts only a few seconds, occasionally longer. Sometimes, the "devil pain" decides to throw me a curve and attacks in the RIGHT  inner thigh.  Getting in and out of the car, or down from my kitchen stools is very difficult due to the twisting motions. Sometimes, like today, the shooting pains down my leg (from bursitis) make me stumble.  I have complained to doctors for years about all of these weird symptoms and finally i was sent to a pain center for "bursitis".  We are making progress. Whooppee!  They have not understood about the inner thigh pain,yet....But at least I know I am not the only one in the world that gets these inner thigh attacks! Dang, they are nasty---- and inexplicable to most folks!  My DOCTOR is going to get yelled at for ignoring this for so long.  I swear, if you are not bleeding or  registering 180/90 on the BP monitor, these medicine men do NOT investigate "phantom pains".  It has to be happening RIGHT in front of their eyes, and of course, it NEVER happens when there is medical personnel at hand.  Looks like I have 3 different issues, though.  Bursitis, the "devil pain" and the disc degeneration.  Wow.  But I am determined to get a handle on these things.  I already had 2 major surgeries--heart and lung--and I will not let this beat me.  I am pretty active, and am looking forward to summer ! So I am going to try "shots" and PT.  I see myself  changing the way I walk and move-- I am "compensating" for the condition which will, in time, cause more problems.  I don't yet know how to deal with the devil pain....I will be reading this discussion  with great care tomight.
how do u know it was the sugar? did u eat alot of sweets?
did they find out what was wrong with ur dad?
did u find out what it was?
hi did u find out what it was?
FEMURAL NERVE ENTRAPMENT may be relevant to me? I never had an inner thigh attacks until a couple yrs after a car wreck and rebuilt knee. My right thigh muscles never came back to pre wreck condition. I read other things about FEMURAL NERVE ENTRAPMENT that related to me. Thanks for sharing this.
Ask to get an mri to see your l5 and s1
I have had this pain since i was a kid. Found out it was a birth defect. My l5 abd s1 nerves are conjoined.
8% people have this aperently. Worth a trt. Maybe its something similar?
You may have trigeminal nuralga in the jaw?
I had the thigh attack like most have described,Out of the blue,stabbing pain localized in upper inner thigh, completely debilitating  then done. I have attributed the cause of my attacks to apple cider vinegar. For ten days prior to my first attack I had been drinking 1-2 tbsp of acv diluted in water , just to try it to see if I felt any positive effects. Then came the attacks, about six over two days. I went over anything that I had done in my life that could have brought these on and only came up with the acv that was new in the period before the pain. I stopped taking it and haven't had an attack since.
Strangely, acv is said to be good for leg cramps and is high in potassium. When my last attack was hinting of hitting I ate two bananas with water and never had the full on stabbing.
I wish you all the best
Please tell me the name of the pain medication.  I have been having thigh pain, especially in groin area for some time.  It is getting a little better, but then suddenly, for no reason, I have the symptoms many people have listed-----can't sleep; have to pick my leg up to get in car, etc.  Yes, it only lasts a few minutes, but those few minutes are hell----and now, it continues to ache for hours.  I don't know how this is done, but I can send you my e-mail address or anything to find out the name of the medicine.  I am Medicare & Tricare, too.
This symptom is the same as my husbands, good to know he's not the only one. His doctor gave him muscle relaxants. but doesn't seem to help too much. Is there a cure and at least a name for the condition?
Oh my gosh! Im not crazy! Finally, others like me! Vindication! I am a 31yr old male, 6ft 170lb, healthy, active, not eating terribly. I have been suffering from the "hot knife" for 7 yrs now! Its always in my left inner mid thigh, feels like a hot knife plunged into a terrible bruise. It starts off just feeling like a bruise, like dead leg. It suddenly turns into torture. If i touch right in the middle of the pain, it hurts like crazy! It used to be more sparatic & brief (5minutes), but it happens more frequently now & for longer (1hr). One time i had to leave work early cause i couldnt breathe from the pain. It never made sense. Im a careful off & on runner w/low blood pressure. I even had my left leg sonogrammed cause blood clots run in my family. They said cardiovascularly there is nothing unusual in my leg. Nerve damage is starting to make the most sense. My brother (to whom im very similar physically) had disc issues a while back. Somethings gotta be rubbing up on a major nerve! Somebody do a case study on this thread! Im losing sleep tonight because of this! The night before my yard sale, so i can move my family to Oregon! Please help!
I was woken up in the middle of the night with this excruciating pain in my left upper thigh/crotch area last night. It was so severe I could not even move until it subsided after about 5 minutes. When I tried to sit up it made it worse. I've had 3 children without pain mess and this was way worse! Then is suddenly disappeared and was totally gone. I was suddenly freezing and couldn't stop shaking for about 20 minutes,  but I think I was In Shock after being waken up so suddenly. I had a blood clot in my lower leg earlier this fall, so I was terrified and barely slept after that. I was happy to find this blog and see that so many people have similar! I'm 42, eat well, run and walk regularly, enjoy drinking wine, but am very healthy. I just can't help thinking that pain that severe has to be something serious!

Drewskate
This awful pain started about two months ago....It is a sharp pain that takes my breath.  However, it never happens at night only during the day.  The pain is mostly in the upper inside left thigh and sometimes in the right upper and lower thigh and calf.  I have never had any surgeries (except for two 9 lb babies yikes).  I am healthy.  I exercise.  This has me going in circles.   I am 64 years old.  Mine seems so different because it doesn't do this when I bend down or stand up from a sitting position.  It just happens.  My knees are beginning to hurt at certain times also...this isn't like cramps or restless leg syndrome.  
I am at a loss.  I hate going to a doctor for a referral...then a orthopedic doctor, then a neurologist, then a arthritis doc...then a pain management doctor.  

Any thoughts on this since it seems to be a little different from the others.  I sleep fine.  thanks in advance
I am having sharp inner thigh pain only during the day...very weird.  I have had no injuries or surgeries.  I have a doctor's appointment next Tuesday. Will let you all know what is going on.  Maybe this will help someone else and me.  

I was a major diet coke drinker, and know that I wasn't as hydrated as I should be. I quit diet coke and now drink about 90 oz. of water every day. I have the pain less often, but still get it sometimes. So, I do think being hydrated has a connection to the pain. I get it in the middle of the night too. Sometimes I'm afraid to go to sleep, for fear I will have it. I thought the description of being tazered was a good one. However, my pain can last as long as 10 minutes. I just want to pass out.  I'm anxious to hear what the doctor says.
Sounds very similar to mine. Did you ever see a doctor. Mine will last for 10-20 minutes, as well. Just when you think it will start to subside, and you get a breath, it come back on. It gets scary to even go to bed. Any answers?
I first experience this today, I had three separate attacks that lasted seconds, the pain nearly floored me, iv been sick with plursey last year, this is very fast and out of no where. I googled it and can't believe that no one medical seems to have an answer. I feel it is something to do with nerves. I have slight curve on bottom of my spine, which might have something to do with it. My iron is 10.3 few weeks ago I got burning sensation in my right foot, like a pin been prickly in that area, then I got it in exact same area of my left foot, tiny as pin hole. Both pin areas spread, my feet very sore, I didn't go to Dr about that, I had been so many times,the plursey, throat infection, my body broke out in rash, everywhere bar my hands, feet, face. Then got virus in my joints, still have that, and part of lung from plursey still agony.iv great chiropractor I go to that helped me after the plursey, I was in agnony by lowering my body, first I think I should go back to her, as lot posts iv read says DR's don't have answers to this flash pain.
I had pain in the inner thigh and thought I'd cracked something but the doc seems to think it's Osteoarthritis. Maybe this is what is causing your pain!
I have been having leg cramps alot lately, I just woke up knowing one was coming it spread up the inside of one leg and then down the other to cramp my foot.  Standing always stops the pain, not this time.  It was the area that you feel when doing a wide leg stretch on the floor.  Scared me so bad I hobbled to the computer to try and find out what it is.
You condition sounds like me speaking! Seriously! Love your sense of humor btw;
Did you ever find out exactly what was wrong? I'm seeing a Neurologist the first week of May. For once, I'm glad to be going to a doctor. As in comparison to you, I too, dread the whole car experience.
Thanks! girliegirl2012
Oh my goodness!  This is me.  Did they ever find out what was wrong?  I've been in pain for 4 weeks.  A steroid shot an naproxen 500 help, but like you I wake up in so much pain because the naproxen doesn't last all night.  I'm scheduled for an MRI on Monday.  The doctor seems to think it is lower back nerve pain.
CW

Have experienced excruciating pain as described by others. Doc's were zero help...  Just went to a place that offers natural alternatives & believe it or not, FINALLY - this is the 1st relief i've had. Tried massage,chiropractor, laser therapy, PT, you name it, & spent a lot. For ne turned out to be a ratio of calcium/magnesium & kelp my body needs to tame the sudden, unexpected gripping, stop-you-in-your-tracks pain. Know this is years later but if it helps 1 person, hallelujah!  I saw a person that offers kiniseology (sp?) & she was able to help me where no one else has been able to.
i have the same exact symptom. i was told it was the main tendons getting stuck when you go to take a step or bend your knee. i get an excruciating pain that makes me fall on the floor. it happens atleast twice a month.they recommend this exercise where you lay on your back. you take your fingers and push on the knob where your hip is next to the crease of the leg and put alot of pressure on it and pull your leg in toward you and it will release the tendon. it does work but at first the tendon would get stuck again. anyway i hope this helps. good luck'
I have had this same pain for 7 years. Countless MRIs and xrays have shown NOTHING. Every doctor went straight to my hip. Absolutely NO meds touch this pain. Sitting makes it worse. It started off slowly. Would hurt for a week or so and then go away. Now, in my 7th year of this, I have had constant pain for about 4 months. Cannot sleep, cannot sit on certain chairs without excruciating pain. Getting up from seated position is horribIy painful and sometimes I just cry. I just had two more MRIs this week. It appears that I have a small tumor or Schwannoma on the L1 vertebrae. L1 has a nerve that comes out there and it goes directly to the groin and thigh area. Maybe they are looking too low in your back with imaging. All of my back pain is in the lower back, not anywhere near the L1 region.  My doctor found this by comparing my MRIs from years back to the new ones. The spot has become larger. I am seeing a neurologist next week. I cannot take this pain much longer. It is so excruciating and runs from my left buttock to the thigh and groin, sometimes all the way down to the knee.  It is the worst pain I have ever experienced. Lying down is painful. Rolling over is painful. Sitting is painful. Standing from a sitting position is painful. Getting in and out of the car is painful. Sitting on the commode is painful. This is pretty much constant stabbing pain shooting through my left thigh and groin. Right leg is fine although getting sore from limping so much. Sometimes, it feels like it locks up my leg and I cannot straighten my or bend my leg without EXCRUCIATING PAIN.
Very interesting reading.  I know HOW mine happened..quick move to my left playing basketball and went down in a heap.  INCREDIBLE sharp pain like I've never experienced and I've had a punctured lung, spinal fusion, two broken hands, four broken collar bones...you get the picture  :)
I'm going to get to the bottom of this.  I've now had the pain for two years...as others have said...rolling over in bed, separating the legs, getting in and out of vehicles, etc...  I had hernia surgery.  Obviously was a problem but wasn't the cause.  Four weeks ago had hip artroscope including repair labrum tear and reshaping the left hip bone.  Granted...still early after surgery (12 weeks of rehab) but I already know the problem still isn't solved.  Exact same pain S T I L L.  My annual health care deductible is met so I'm going for broke to find a solution.  I think it's a nerve issue at this point but again...the pain is incredible.  Mine is groin/way upper thigh.  No issues w/mid thigh or lower on my leg but it is hard to walk for a good minute or two after the pain and I scream out every time it happens.  Can't control it.  If I find out anything that can help everyone else I certainly will post it.  Good luck to all
ps - and the idea of wanting/having sex is the furthest thing from my mind lol....I'm a 50yo healthy male...still...not worth the change of the pain happening
Male, age 60.

I've experienced this once so far, and definitely don't want to go through it again.

I was watching TV reclined on the sofa. I went to get up and got hit with an excruciating pain in my right inner leg originating from the groin down past the inside of my knee and towards my foot. It dropped me immediately to the ground. Gasping, I attempted to treat it in the same way as cramp in my calf by trying to straighten my leg, but with no relief. I could do little else than writhe in pain on the floor for several minutes until it finally subsided. It was definitely one of the most painful things I've experienced.

I'm glad I found this forum. If nothing else, it's good to know that others understand what you're talking about.

With that, I started to look into Myotome charts (nerve diagrams) and ZygoteBody (3D body diagrams) in an effort to isolate and identify the nerve, vein, or muscle that followed the exact same path.

A nerve makes more sense than muscle, because once the pain goes away there seems to be no residual effect. Unlike a leg cramp, when you're still limping around for a few hours afterwards.

As far as I can tell - and others on the forum have touched on it also - it could possibly be the SAPHENOUS NERVE, which is a branch of the Femoral nerve.

Nerves can certainly generate that kind of pain level, and a possible cause is compression or entrapment of the nerve. That makes sense in my case, because I've had herniated discs in my back. These particular nerves are affected by the lumbar (lower) discs in the L2-L4 region.

Some in this forum have mentioned the Sciatic nerve (also affected by lower discs), but that one runs slightly more down the backside of the leg.

People should ask themselves if they have lower disc problems, if you've had a recent back strain or injury, or if you were positioned in a way that might have pinched a nerve.

Sometimes I still get a very, very slight tingling or burning my leg running along the same path (sort of a gentle reminder that I might have it happen again someday). It makes me wonder it's being caused by inflammation in my lower back, and in turn affecting the nerve.  

But I'm also intrigued by the theories of vitamin or mineral deficiencies and dehydration, and it doesn't hurt to address those anyways.

Myotome Chart (nerve system diagram)
http://www.backpain-guide.com/Chapter_Fig_folders/Ch06_Path_Folder/Ch06_Images/06-4%20Radiculopathy.jpg

Short Video clip describing disc degeneration:
http://www.spineuniverse.com/conditions/degenerative-disc/degenerative-disc-disease-animation

Zygote Body (3D interactive Body diagram)
https://zygotebody.com/account/login#nav=-17.56,117.15,63.78,0,0,0,0&sel=p:;h:;s:;c:0;o:0&layers=1,1,4068
Guys, I think I figured it out. Although it has only been 2 days. I would have these attacks only a few days a week, then recently at least 2 times a day, but sometimes more. I had this parasite zapper, that I tried when I was trying to get pregnant. We had tried for almost a year. Put that thing on and I got pregnant right away. I didn't want to use it while pregnant (wish I would have), but I really didn't know anything about it or what it was really doing.

So I packed it away. I found it recently and thought I would give it a try. I didn't have a bowel movement for a few days. I just thought it was because I wasn't eating much. I decided to do a diluted Apple Cider Vinegar enema, and it was so hard, I put the gloves on an examined it. I'm weird like that. Well, there were tons of parasites. My energy went through the roof right away and the leg pain went away. It's only been a week, since I did the parasite zapper, but I am thinking this is the solution. I am just learning all the stuff behind it, so I will post again once I do. But I just feel bad for all you guys. I put the device on my child's foot while she slept, and the next day she had dead parasites in her stool.

I am also putting the device on the area where the pain was, because it says it can neutralize damaged tissue. Because I do believe what most of us are describing is the nerve entrapment thing. And it's scary. I was worried this might happen when driving. So anyway, pick up this little device. It's only $35. Just Google "Basic Zapper". I got the cheapest one and it works fine. I think the company is CT busters, is the one I ordered from.

Let me know if you guys have any success with this. I would love to see if this helps others. I think I'm going to buy them in bulk and sell to my community. It's so fun to be able to cure something so scary and unknown, that even doctors are baffled by. Love an light to everyone!!

~Kelly
I have Transverse Mylitis and I have the same type of pains in my inner right thigh. My doctor says it is caused by my nerves regenerating themselves.
I have Transverse Mylitis. I also am having the same type pains. My Neurologist said it was the nerves in my leg regenerating themselves.
Hi, all! I'm 33 yo, 112-lbs, 5'2'', female.

The first time the stabbing pain hit me was when I was at lunch with friends (18 days ago, 09 June 2017). It was a very sudden, and extremely excruciating pain (I couldn't breathe!). It was came as a shock (both literally and figuratively) when it happened as I had never experienced it before. I was confused.

Yes, like what most who shared here have experienced, the "stab" lasts around 10-20s, after which there are no residual pains whatsoever... as if everything's back to normal.

I have kept a "diary" for whenever it strikes. I jot down the day, time of day, estimated pain duration, and what I was doing when it attacked. It is becoming more and more frequent, unfortunately.

9 June, lunch, sitting position, ~15s
17 June, sitting position, ~15s
19 June, 3pm, lying in bed, ~15s
23 June, dinner, sitting position, ~15s
24 June, 9am, sitting position, ~15s
24 June, 5:25pm, lying in bed, ~10s
25 June, 5:30am, woke up from sleep, ~20s
25 June, late afternoon, lying in bed, ~20s
26 June, 3:30pm, walking(!), ~10s
26 June, 7:30pm, sitting and getting back massage, ~10s
27 June, 1 hour ago ~3:15AM, woke up from sleep, ~10s

As you can see, the frequency has been increasing. I'm a little afraid to go back to sleep now (but I have to).

Based on the comments, I want to try water therapy first and have my potassium level checked.

I am both happy and sad to stumble onto this thread. I started having these severe pain attacks in my right thigh. I have NO idea when it's going to happen (actually most times I get a threatening whisper of the pain to come) I scream from shock and the pain. The pain is only what I can imagine being branded would feel like, but the burning comes from within my front thigh. I'm kinda embarrassed, but at the time the attacks started happening I was HARD CORE into the world of ADULT COLORING. I would try to limit my time sitting cuz I have lower back issues already and sitting is the worst for flairing the problem. But those pictures were addictive and I would be dying once I looked at the clock and calculated how many hours I sat hunched over my kitchen table. When the attacks first began it was during the night. 10 seconds felt like 10 minutes. I had bloodwork taken. I was told I was defienct in potassium, magnesium and B12. I threw my pencil crayons in a junk drawer and was TOTALLY willing to give it up in return for no more attacks. I realized how much I braced the right side of my body to color tiny intricate shapes by the millions. I am right handed and so I brace my right leg to support my right arm. I wondered if I colored with my left arm and sat supporting my left side in equal proportion to coloring with my right hand if it would have fixed me. I didn't give a damn. I started taking magnesium and B12 and starting eating bananas like a monkey. Wouldn't you know it? I was so lucky to find the solution. Pain free for about 4 months. Then slowly, gradually they began attacking me again, only now it was when I had no choice but to sit down. Sitting down is as good as a guarantee that I have a dose of pain waiting for me. Then they started back at night. 2 nights ago I felt like I was timing contractions. They usually last 20 seconds TOPS, but I am single and I live alone and I was terrified it had to be a blood clot trying to move inside my thigh. The excruciating searing stabbing laser pain is me for those seconds and when I think Is This It? The pain isn't going to just vanish this time? I would surely die if that were to happen, but I panic and it feels like an eternity. I am afraid to drive. I have just been taking aspirin. I haven't taken any of the vitamins. I stopped cuz I believed the stress of sudden 8 hour coloring sessions were the culprit. I made a doctor's appointment, but it's not til July 12th. In the meantime I am wondering if I should start that regimen again - but I would like to see if my levels are defunct again. Also I have had success in the past with a physiotherapist. I am going to book myself to see him and get his opinion. I have much more faith in his ability than I do my GP. My heart goes out to everyone that told their story. I wish we could all hold one another's hand when seized in pain. I wish I had someone to tell me the pain is going to stop when I start thinking chronic pain is going to swallow me. Good luck EVERYONE. Peace & love.
VITAMINS!

After occasional attacks and then the most excruciating half-hour of agony I've ever had, I came across this forum, and skim-read a few comments that mentioned vitamins.

I've just started taking multivitamins and the problem has gone!

If it comes back then I'll let you know, but right now the very simple solution of taking multivits has sorted the problem.
I was very happy to find this thread and discover that I am not about to lose a leg, or worse! I have had the same 5 min excruciating pain in one or the other inner thigh at night about 4-5 times now in the last 18 months. I am 59 yrs old, 5'5, 1151b, exercise regularly (aerobic type stuff), and I am vegetarian. I have never had back or hip injuries or problems. Mine started after being put on Cypro for an infection caused by a cervical test. Maybe a coincidence. I am not going to bother to ask a doctor as they do not seem to know diddely about it, and I can not afford a ton of testing, which appears to have been unproductive for most other people anyway. If anyone ever finds an answer I would love to hear it.
Hey all having the same issue. It looks like for most of the times ive been dehydrated. When I chug some powerades and water it subsides for a couple of days. Also learned vitamins help