Neurology Expert Forum
Sharp pains in right side of head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Sharp pains in right side of head
The past two mornings i have woke up with a very dry mouth and when i got to a standing position, i had a very painful shooting pain in the right side of my head (on the side, about an inch above the temple) throughout the past two days, these pains would periodally come back, sometimes these occured by themselves and sometimes they occurred when I made sudden movements.  Any suggestions?

Dear Jeff:

After only two episodes it is difficult to tell you what could be happening, mostly because there are so many things that could cause one-sided head pain.  For instance, cluster migraine, hemicrania cephalgia, tumor, collagen-vascular disease, occipital migraine, infection, toxins, etc.  I would see if it persists, changes in area, pain changes in character, and the like.  If it persists for a few weeks, then I would recommend seeing your physician for more testing.

Sincerely,

CCF Neuro MD
THANK YOU
A related discussion, sharp pain was started.
A related discussion, Pain in Brain was started.