Neurology Community
Sharp pains

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Sharp pains

Ive been having these sharp pains in random parts of my body for a few months now. The first time it happened was in my left hand, in the area between my pinky and my wrist. The pain was manageable in that instance, and only lasted for a few days. A few weeks after that it came back in the same area except on my right hand, and was pretty much the exact same, and the pain was worse when i would just let my hand my limp as i walked; i'd have to lift up my hand in order for the pain to go away. Now its been about a month since the second incident and im getting the same type of pain, except in my left eyebrow, and its a lot more intense. Its a lot worse when i look down or bend over, and im finding it hard to do anything with this pain here. Ive only had it since this morning but im not sure how long it will take to go away, because if it stays for 2-4 days like the others have, i just dont know how id be able to deal with it. Ive been doing some research and found that some people have problems similar to mine, but i cant find any that are exactly the same. With the reading ive been doing, it seems like this is a neurological problem. Im 17 years old and in pretty good shape.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

A disorder called fibromyalgia can produce these symptoms (tenderness). Sometimes repetitive injuries or strain can also produce these symptoms. Inflammation of the muscles, joints and surrounding soft tissues like bursa can also cause pain. They are diagnosed by a physical examination. Sometimes blood tests, x rays, bone scan, CT and nerve conduction studies can help clinch the diagnosis. Treatment usually depends on the cause and painkillers are given if the pain is severe. To find a cure you need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.