Neurology Community
Sharp severe pain and then gone??
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sharp severe pain and then gone??

Hello. I am a 25 year old female. Ever since I was 16, or at least thats the age I remember them happening ever since then, I have had pains in my head. They come whenever they want, once a month, 4 times a month, once a week, once every other month. They are always variable. I will be going about whatever I am doing, and out of nowhere, it will be a severe severe sharp pain inside my head, location changes. The pain feels like somebody is sticking a knife in my skull. I have fallen down before, cuz it hits so suddenly when it does, it catched me off guard. When the pain is hitting, it only lasts about 10 seconds. When the pain is hitting it feels like a balloon is popping in my head. Sometimes, it just feel like severe terrible pain with a "POP" feeling and other times the "POP" feeling is followed by a feeling of warmth inside my head, like if the "POP" really was a bubble and warm liquid just oozed out of this. This sounds like it makes no sense and every doctor I have ever had said its a headache, but sounds like more than a headache to me. I dont know if it matters, but there is only one case of any brain  problem or anything in my family and its not in my immediate family. My fathers cousin (his mothers brothers daughter) went to work one day and just passed out after complaining of a headache then they said she had an anurysm and pronounced her dead. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
Tags: brain