Sharp shooting pain top of head
This just started yesterday and I was a bit surprised to find it continuing today.

I'm experiencing a sharp shooting pain on the right side but near the top of my head, probably about midway between the crown and my forehead.  My head is also sensitive in that same region now in that a light touch to the scalp/hair in that region is very uncomfortable whereas a firmer press doesn't bother it at least any moreso.  The sharp shooting pain occurs a few times a day but tends to come in bouts (will occur three to four times in the course of a few minutes probably) and then goes away and leaves the general uncomfortable feeling.

There is also a mild discomfort in my right ear which is probably related as it started at the same time as far as I can recall.

I've not had this before and other than these symptoms I feel fine.  Any advice is appreciated.