Neurology Community
Sharp sudden onset head pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sharp sudden onset head pain

I went to my regular doctor today and she's stumped.  Last night I had severe pain in the top part of my head.  They were sudden sharp, pains that felt like an electrode was in my brain and firing off at random. It lasted maybe 10 minutes off and on and I was left with a feeling of pressure, just in the one area where the pains were. I couldn't talk or move when the pains were happening. After the pains stopped I stood up and felt kind of faint.  The following morning I still have the pressure, but otherwise feel fine.  I do not have a history of migranes (migraines), am 30 years old and had been on fertility drugs until 2 months ago. The only medication I take now is metformin for an ovary disorder.  Does anyone know what could cause this?  My doctor just told me she doesn't know what the problem is and to wait and see if it happened again. She asked me what I thought it could be and I obvoiously have no clue. The only thing I could find online was ice pick headaches, but that doesn't really seem to fit either.