Shingles and Burning Leg/Foot
I recently had an L5-S1 fusion.  All has been going well.  About a week and a half ago, I started feeling really run down.  A few days later, I noticed what appeared to be a series of insect bites (rash) on the left side of my back.  I thought the bites would clear up, despite the area being of the rash being very sore and sensitive to the touch.  Four days later, I started noticing a heat/chill sensation in my torsal and burning in my left leg and foot, and unfortunately, the rash was still there and very sore.  After internet surfing, I realized I hadn't been bitten by an insect and sought medical help for Shingles.  After reading online the significant pain experienced with Shingles, I have to believe I do not have a severe case, but as you can imagine, the burning in my lower extremities has me very concerned that I suffered nerve damage with my recent back surgery.  I will point out that I didn't feel burning in my leg/foot until the onset of the Shingles.  So, my question is:  Is it possible that Shingles on my back could cause the discomfort I feel in my leg and foot?  I've read that the discomfort is usually limited to the area of the rash, but I definitely feel discomfort in other places.  

Thank you for your help.  
Hi, I have read that the pain from shingles lingers on for quite sometime even after the visable signs are gone.  With that is that real burning pain.  It all has to do with the nerve endings.  I know somewhere I read a lot about that.  Plus it runs in my family and I remember my grandfather having so much pain for a very long time after the shingles were gone.  Time is all you have for it to pass.  And pain meds.
Thanks for your response.  Are you saying that the burning in my leg/foot could be from the Shingles specifically noted by the rash on my back?  Thanks again.