Aa
A
A
Close
Shingles and Numbness in Legs/Feet
A friend of mine had shingles on his chest and tummy.  Since the sores have gone he is now experiencing numbness in the lower part of his body in particular legs and feet.  Any thoughts for treatment?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
It is true that Shingles does cause numbness and tingling in the extremities due to nerve damage in the peripheral nervous system. It is called Peripheral neuropathy. The nerves may take time to regenerate. Good nutrition and physiotherapy may help in a quicker regeneration. Natural supplements of multivitamins, multiminerals, calcium and Omega 3 fatty acids help a lot. Physiotherapy and occupational therapy are very helpful. Please consult a neurologist for further advice. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks will pass this information on!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
This is comforting to know.  I got shingles about 3 weeks ago.   While the rash is almost gone, I now have some really weird feelings in my hands, foreams, and lower legs...like tingling and almost like a little paralysis.  Hard to explain.  I do believe it could be the lasting effects of the shingles.  Do you agree?  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources