Neurology Community
Shivering of hands
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shivering of hands

Hello
      I am a Male age 26 years, from the past 2 years i have been undergoing a problem which is not permanent but it happens when I am holding a spoon or a glass. My hands shiver when I am doing some precise work or lift a spoon. The shivering happens only if I am having something in my hand such as a spoon or a glass. But the thing is that it is not permanent it happens sometimes and then it is not there at all. when I am at stress the same thing happens. Please help me with this condition.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1512008_tn?1290214349
i have a similar problem.  the shaking could be tremors.  sometimes they happen when holding such items as a spoon/fork or it could happen while doing a specific task.  mine began as an occasional thing and now happens all the time.  i have a condition called essential tremor.  mine i try to control with medication.  if its not bothersome then i would avoid the medication at all costs.  i would talk to your dr about this and maybe get a neurological exam to make sure its not anything.  
Blank
Hi there.  Tremors can be very distressing and can occur at any age. Essential tremor is the most common tremor becoming most apparent when you are trying to do something such as reaching for an object or writing. It is not caused by an underlying disease and may run in families. Stress, fatigue, anger, fear, caffeine and cigarettes may make this worse. Certain other causes are drugs, brain, nerve or movement disorder, low blood sugar, excessive alcohol consumption or withdrawal, multiple sclerosis etc. try relaxation techniques, avoid caffeine and get enough sleep, reduce dose or   it if a particular medicine seems to be to be the culprit.
I hope this helps you. Takecare.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank