Neurology Community
Shooting pains in upper right outside bicept

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am checking to see what I might be able to do to relieve this pain, until I can see my doctor in about 2 weeks. It started about 2 weeks and has been getting more frequent and worse daily. The shooting pains 5-10 seconds and about every 15-30 minutes and are excruciating. The pain today is moving further down my arm past my elbow and up my arm to my shoulder. I tried to get in to my family doctor but they can't see me until mid-March. I also have cll that has been under remission and am going to Mayo in about 2 weeks

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do and what are some of the causes that cause this type of pain?

CS
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Arm pain can occur due to pinched nerves in neck or in the arm pit or it could be due to arthritis of shoulder joint or rotator cuff injury or due to carpal tunnel syndrome with pain radiating upwards or compression of nerves at the elbow with pain radiating up and down. Sometimes severe anemia can cause bone pain, and since you had CLL this should be looked into. Try and see your doctor as soon as you can. Meanwhile consult a physiotherapist or chiropractor to assess whether it is a pinched nerve or joint pain. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.