Short & Long term memory loss / Grand mal seizures...
I (36yr old male) have had grand mal seizures since I was 15 (averaging a couple a year except for a stint in 96 where I was having about 1+ a month). Along with the abundance of scars and such from the falls, I have begun to notice more than ever that my longer term memory is not that great.  My wife asks questions about when I was younger and I honestly don't remember too much...like very fragmented.  However, if I see a picture of me somewhere, I can drum up even the tiniest details.

I read a few things today about seizure activity and memory loss and am curious if that is common place with persons like myself that have learned to live with seizures because it makes me feel bad when I can't share the details of the first half of my life with my wife when she asks questions; that is, unless there's a picture to like 'jog my memory' back into place.  Having a husband that responds with,
i have been having seizures off and on for about 6 months and at arapid rate daily for the past 9 weeks( at least 3 a day) I had an EEG and there was abnormalties in the frontal lobe of the brain...I have noticed a significant loss of short term memory sometimes with not recalling anything that was said or done....As a mother and a wife i know how frustrating that is for my family so for me I say memory loss is a usual thing with seizures ...anything I have read about them says it can be a side effect...hope that helps a bit..Good luck and God Bless