Neurology Community
Shortness of breath, possibly thinking of pinched nerves

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

it happened about 2 years ago. I was drinking a lot and smoking a lot and then one day, 2 days after I have drank a lot of liquor, after eating I did a little streching up and then my lower left chest felt a sharp pain, then for a few seconds, inhaling and exhaling was accompanied with pain on that area. after 30 minutes I asked to be rushed in the e.r. because i'm really short of breath and my feet were starting to get a little black. the doctor said I got a holiday heart syndrome for binge drinking the other day. after that day my breathing was always labored. I can inhale and exhale some air, bottom line not the normal breathing. I went back for an ecg, they said my heart was just fine and that I have GERD. my normal breathing never went back, but there were times when I wake up and my breathing is normal for a few minutes or so. then back to being not normal.

I always feel bloated, everyday, and there are position when I lay that much of my breathing becomes more worst. i sometimes feel pains in my left chest, like coming down from the stomach. I've been medicated with omneprazole and nexium but really it doesnt do anything especially for my breathing.
I'm also thinking about pinched nerves but I'm really in the blind here especially I don't know if my breathing problems can get resolve it's pretty hard to breath like this and I've been doing this for 2 years.. =( please can anybody help me.
plus over the course of time my belching got worse. I mean back then I just belched and belched but lately it gets really stock inside me like an air bubble it's very tight. i know its air because after a few minutes or seconds It gets out and worst my belch doesnt sound like a belch anymore, it's just like a sound of me pushing air out of my esopaghus =((.

I'm 23 years old, 115 lbs. since then I have reduced my smoking I mean really reduced it to the point of smoking only when drinking. and I have tried to quit for 7-8 months, with almost just 5 accidents of smoking and drinking. still nothing works. I went to the emergency room again lately because of this and they said while I'm experiencing it that my BP is normal my heart rate is normal and my lung functions are just normal. so can anybody help?? thank you so much

another p.s. lately my left leg especially my lower left has been inflammed. but the thing is I'm not really doing anything just tending the condominium and sitting in the computer looking for work. when I sneeze the weird thing is that it hurts when my body jerks because I sneezed. also my left arm on 1 spot only on that spot I feel some needle pain, pinching for a short second,
before my left neck always twitches always that it was the nerves, some times I feel that on my left chest too.