Shot of Demerol in the butt, still have pain from that.....
I had microdiscectomy surgery 4 1/2 weeks ago. I was in the ER and received 2 Demerol shots in the buttock. I still have soreness in the area I was given the shot. Has anyone ever had this problem?
Yes, but I got a bunch of shots.  I was in the hospital for two months, and first three weeks, I had Demerol shots every four hours, so they rotated diff sides of my rear end and my arms, because the shot sort of goofs up the muscle where it goes into.  For about a year after I was released, those places were sore, fiber tissue was there, scars there too, which all eventually went away.  So, could be your pain is normal.  If it has any heat to it, or big bright red area where the shot was, then might be infection, which your regular doctor handle for you.  All I know is I had hundreds and no real big problems.