Neurology Community
Shoulder pain & neck pain after car accident

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a 40 year old woman who was in a car accident in December 2008.  My durango was hit by a woman who ran a red light on the rear driver side of my vehicle.  Her vehicle was going approximately 35 mph.   I have experienced minor to severe pain in my left shoulder between my neck and shoulder ever since.  Going to the chiropractor helps to ease the pain.  I've spoken to other car accident victims who were in accidents 8-10 years ago and are still experiencing pain.  Is their any hope that the pain will go away completely?  Or, am i resigned to have pain forever?
In order to treat the pain effectively, it would help if you knew what was causing the problem. You should see a Doctor and have a X-ray or an MRI.

Take Care